Public charter
Palm Coast, FL

Posted January 22, 2015
It is very hard to impress me, I have very high expectations for my children , since my children have attended this school not only have I been Impressed but I truly believe this school will help my children reach their full potential, I love the staff and their involvement with not only my children's education but my family as a whole. Weve felt nothing but love and true concern since our children have been attending Palm Harbor Academy, If you are looking for quality education as well as love for you and your children this is the school for u. My children love this school as well and that makes a huge difference.

Posted July 25, 2014
I love this school. My little girls attend Palm Harbor and they aredoun exceptional. The staff is great abd they are open to new ideas. My girls love their school and their teachers. I would recommend this school to all parents COME ONE COME ALL!

Palm Harbor Academy 2

Posted May 02, 2014
The teachers and staff at Palm Harbor really do try to do their best with what they're given. I believe the teachers truly care about their students. However, the school in terribly underfunded (although the board and principal seem to be well-paid). There aren't enough classroom supplies. There is no real playground. Art, Music, PE and extracurriculars are non-existent. For a child that is truly struggling in a mainstream public school and really needs close 1-on-1 interaction, Palm Harbor may be a good fit. But for your average to above-average student, Palm Harbor is not the place to be. Don't just "tour" the school. Drop by unannounced, more than once.

Posted November 21, 2013
this school dropped my daughter off with no adult home and had no explantion for this

Posted September 17, 2012
My children has attended Palm Harbor for the past two school years. My children transferred into PHA because they were struggling at the local public school . The teachers at Palm Harbor worked with my daughters. They gave them additional help and free tutoring. I don't care what anyone say, PHA is where my kids are staying!! My kids no longer feel dumb because the teachers were not willing to help them.

Posted September 09, 2012
I advise any parent to stay away from this school. If you care about your child and about where your tax dollars go, my child became much worse after he was bullied in the play ground and even on the buss to and from school. The staff are really bunch of liers,before we enrolled our child there we asked the registrar about the FCAT and what was the percentage of students who passed and we were told 100% of them did and I found out just recently while I was driving on the radio they said the school got an F grade two years in a row. Can you imagine the disapointement I felt ? I am very upset with myself that I did not research this school myself to find out the truth about it. This the reason for this review, I do not want anpother carying parent to make the same mistake.

Posted November 17, 2011
I give Palm Harbor Academy a poor review; however. The teachers go above and beyond to try to create a wonderful experience for the children. There is no playground, no equipment, no P.E and no Art Program. The school says it focuses on performing arts and science, but there is "0". I don't see the science besides the little the students learn in their regular classes. There is no multi purpose room or stage for plays. The program is poorly funded. There is music; however do to the poor funding there aren't instruments. The classroom is very small...looks like an office. Questions are always unanswered. My concern is the pick up system. There is nobody monitoring who is coming into the building. Anyone could come in without a problem without any identification or print out name tag...It's crazy that any stranger could walk in and go straight into a classroom. I have also noticed that the school can't keep the same teachers. Teachers quit and come and go...it is a sign that this school is a poor choice. This school advertises a well rounded education program, which it really does not offer! Ask question and you will soon find out!!!

Palm Harbor Academy 4

Posted March 11, 2011
A parent commented on the stepping team @ Palm Harbor Academy. First, I am simply a parent that volunteered to develop a stepping team. I know very little about stepping, but I saw a need to create a place where boys could get together and interact with each other. Up to then, the guys had no male outlet. I am simply a 'big brother' to your sons. The 'Simon Says game, I used as a fair way to select 2 team captains. Regarding marching; how can you conceivably teach young men to perform the more difficult 'synchronized stepping', if they can t simply march in unison? Regarding the canceled practices; I am a volunteer. I try to schedule my time to be available, but I am also a full-time student in college, and likely I was taking an exam, or labs, or possibly on a job interview. I have unsuccessfully attempted, on several occasions, to get help from parents so that we don't miss practices. But since parents at this academy rarely get involved, this is not an option. I make no apologies for trying to do my part in giving our boys a sense of belonging. So, instead of throwing rocks and running, maybe you should consider becoming a part of the SOLUTION, and not part of the PROBLEM Tony

Posted March 08, 2011
I must agree that parents have said some correct things about this school. But it all boils down to Poor Leadership .. If the Leadership is poor how can the Teachers be effective in the class room...My opinion is this if you choose to enroll your child ask lots of questions regarding the leadership and make sure that person is up to date on current events in the school system and let them provide you in writting reports and research of what they have done since taking leadership of the school ...At the end of the day its about your child and the importance of their Education

Palm Harbor Academy 4

Posted March 07, 2011
Palm Harbor Academy has been a great school for my son. Palm Harbor Academy has given my son opportunities that he has not had at other schools. My son participates in FCAT Saturdays, a 3-hour time that focuses on studying/preparing for the FCAT, and the choir. Besides having the opportunity to participate in school programs and functions, my son has gone on at least four educational field trips this year including the Ponce Inlet lighthouse, the Fountain of Youth, and a performance at the Bethune Cookman University Performing Arts Center. I agree that parent participation and involvement has been an issue. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to participate in the education of their students as well is in the the progression of the school.

Palm Harbor Academy