Palm Springs Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 872 students

Posted October 20, 2013

At Palm Springs Elementary we are always striving for ways the children can have more resources. We have an exceptional group of parents and staff working long hours to constantly improve. Under our new Principal Mrs. Kathy Harris we believe anything is possible. But as with most public schools funding always seems short. We strive to find creative ways to earn monies for our school year round.

Posted January 20, 2012

This is my sons 1st year at Palm Springs. When it comes to his teacher Ms. Crouch...she is great! She keeps me informed and answers any questions I may have in a timely manner. We need more teachers like this in schools. As far as school functions or newsletters I never seem to get anything sent home to me. I hear about it by phone the night before which is a great reminder but I need more than 1 day advance notice since we are both working parents. Getting in and out of the school is a nightmare so we get there early... they do try to get us in and out as soon possible. Overall a good school for us so far :)

Posted January 17, 2012

It is very disappointing to see the opinions of parents on this site. I am currently a teacher at PSES and I love this school. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. If a teacher seems unavailable at times, it is likely due to all of the guidelines we are forced to adhere to from the state. With our new evaluation system and all of the testing, we have a packed schedule. Our 30 minute planning period is supposed to be for our lesson planning, but that rarely happens because of parent conferences, meetings, or dealing with behavior. Teachers are definitely not in this job for the money because there is no money! The leadership at this school is amazing. Their hearts belong to the children. If you want to complain, bring your comments to the legislature because they are the problem.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 19, 2011

My child and i were not satisfied with this school. The principle is very strict and most of the the teachers have no respect for students and do their job poorly as if they only teach for the money. The dress code is very strict. i buy my child correctly-fitted clothing and he is repeatedly ask to have his shirt tucked which causes him discomfort. Another thing is having a belt at all time my child shorts and pant fit him well and he dislikes wearing belts. A teacher has given him a detention for not having a belt when his pants never go below his waist. Also in the cafeteria they have sirens that go off when it gets to loud and when one goes off so does the other, so the principle comes in and both sides of the cafeteria now have silent lunch. Don't teachers always say class is not for having conversations with your friends. You can do that at lunch?. I would give this school a zero but it does have multiple activities such as "Jump Rope For Heart" and saluting veterans for their actions that i did like. Overall, this school is a one star and i do not recommend it to others.

Posted June 10, 2011

If i could give this school zero stars than i would. but i can't, so i'll give one. i enrolled my child to that school as his first year for second grade. They told me that it was a very good school, that the teachers were very caring, and actually worried for our children. but to me, none of those things are true. one thing i noticed was that everytime i went to pick up my child, the teachers would just turn their face everytime they saw me like me and my child do no matter to them. this happened every year. another thing that gets me disappointed, is that my child has always had a very good conduct record from Pre-k to 1st grade. ever since i came to this school, my son's teacher began to give my child C's in the report card for conduct. thanks to her, my child's conduct record is ruined. he never even got a B in conduct. it was always only A's. i decided to go to that school, and it was to ruin everything. my son also told me that his teacher was always in a bad mood and always yelled at the kids. she never let the kids outside for reccess like the principal ordered to. my son never had the chance to see his teacher smile. i'm very upset with this school. my son wont return agn

Posted May 8, 2008

I loved this school 2 years ago. Now I find the Principe unavailable and the Vice Principle arrogant and unresponsive. I can't wait for my child to be done in this school!

Posted October 26, 2007

We are involved at the school, & are not pleased with the changes in the past 2 years. The Volunteer Coordinator, Mrs. Keezer, is excellent. We have also had fairly good teachers who seem to care. Mrs. Brutus, the librarian, is also great & does some outreach projects with the kids. The administration, however, is arrogant, incompetent, & disrespectful to teachers, students, and parents. Very alarming.

Posted July 1, 2007

My daughter been in Palm Springs Elementary since KG, and now she s going into 5th grade, my daughter love's the school and her teachers. I feel very please and my daughter lucky that she is in an excellent school like Palm Springs Elementary. Thank you all, Doug L.

Posted June 29, 2007

My daughter has been in Palm Springs Elementary since kindergarten and now she will be going into 5th grade. My son is now going into 1st grade. I have found that the school is a great school because it has helped my daughter alot. Her teachers since she was in kindergarten has always been concern. When she has had problems in any of her subjects they always go that extra mile for her to do better and I thank god for that. The teachers and staff in the school is great and they do care for their students and make sure they get the attention that they need to do better in school. I find it that Palm Springs Elementary is always concern for the well being and the safety of the students.

Posted January 11, 2006

I would like to say I'm very happy with my son going to this school. I was skeptical at first because it is a very old looking school. The fact is they have an amazing dual language program. That is what attracted me to this school most of all. Living here in Florida it is very important that our children learn the languages need for their future careers here in Florida. My only hope is that they decide to rebuild a newer school so the children do not need to be in portables.

Posted July 12, 2005

this is a very good school in a good neighborhood. Brand new construction and good teachers.

Posted April 26, 2005

Thwse School have some extracurricular activities. But is doing terrible this 2004-2005 school year They got another failing grade and my son got a letter from the state of Florida to send him to a school in Loxahatchee. This is one of the worst schools my son had been into. I do move a lot. Some teachers are not very polite and childrena arent either. My son tells me horror stories about the behavior of the other students and how teachers can not control them and dont have contorl of the class.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 27, 2004

They do not know how to handle bullying issues when they arise among the students. Teachers have little control over their students. I have seen this school go from a very nice school when the former principal was there till what it has become today. A place where a child can be picked on and bullied till they can't take it anymore. Very Disappointed.

Posted February 23, 2004

I have 2 daughters in this school.. And Mrs. Myers is the perfect person to run this school. They keep me informed about my childrens progress and let me know when my children have a problem. Wether it be with school work or with other children. The teachers call me when they have a concern and even gave me their cell phone numbers so that I may call them when I have a concern, or just to check up on their progress. That way I don't have to schedule an appointment. The one thing that does lack is parent involvement. There are only 2 of us parents in my daughters class that supply things like snack and supplies needed for the classroom. I want the best education for my children and if that means I have to dip into my purse for the classroom instead of going out to the movies then so be it. Keep up the good work Palm Springs Elem!

Posted September 2, 2003

I have had kids in this school for the last 8 years and will have kids there for another 6 years and I am very happy with the school. The teacher's have always been wonderful and you get a real sense of 'family' here. The principal is strict but very involved and does a great job. The only thing that I would say really needs work at Palm Springs is parent involvment. The school really tries but for some reason the parents just don't seem interested.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

185 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

185 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

123 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

126 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. KATHY HARRIS
Fax number
  • (561) 804-3050

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now