1,454 students|Bay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted August 28, 2015
Amazing teachers and faculty. Our grandchildren are learning above their levels. Thank You BPA of Panama City Beach FL

Posted August 19, 2015
I have 2 children that attend Breakfast Point Academy, they both love it! Great teachers, safe location, and superb support staff...wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

Posted April 16, 2015
I am quite surprised to find such a low rating on this school! I also find it amusing that most of these bad reviews are from students... most likely middle school age. What adolescent doesn't hate their school at that age? My daughter transferred to this school this year after we relocated. After leaving a wonderful school we were quite uneasy about starting over. We have been extremely pleasantly surprised at how much we love this school. My daughter has an amazing teacher and the rest of the faculty has been wonderful and supportive. I will admit, there is one woman who works in the front office who is not a ray of sunshine but we just try to go to the opposite person working, if that's the case! Other than that, we love BPA!

Posted January 26, 2015
Well the teachers are great, very friendly and so it the counselors but the office staff is horrible. I never have received a phone call back when I leave messages. They do not do their job entering info into he parent portal when I handed them the information personally. The school does not allow recess for these little kids who desperately need to release some energy. I can't even drop off my kids lunch if they forget it at home. Very, very disappointed in this new school. I am working on finding a new school.

Posted December 11, 2014
I agree with the previous review.My son too has regressed significantly! He was also in the ESE classes and was on a 9th grade reading level and at a 5th grade math level.He since the beginning of the year, has now regressed so much that I have pulled him out and will home school him back to where he was. He has picked up what I can only call a "southern-country" accent. I stress to him the importance of being able to speak proper English.He is in 6th grade and was watching shows like "The magic school bus" He not once in 4 months had ANY home work and I feel that he was not pushed to his ability, but babied.They are not an "academy" they are an over crowded joke.They are at 130% capacity.There are students there that are from out of the area, and those that are brought to school each day.(one from Alabama that I know for a fact) This school , the staff and the PTA are not organized at ALL and I feel that they have set my son back by at least 2 years in the 4 months I allowed him to attend!

Posted September 23, 2014
My son has been in the autism program at Breakfast Point for 3.5 yr. His K. and 2nd grade teachers were wonderful. He regressed significantly with the teacher he was placed with for '1st grade'. It is now Sept. Into his '3rd grade'. I was told numerous times he would be with the same teacher he had for 2nd grade. The school placed him with the teacher he regressed with during his 1st grade year. As soon as we found out my husband began searching for a new job. Some of the autism program teachers are great, some aren't. From my inquiries the aids have no special education training in autism. Over the 3.75 years we have lived here the school overall has become signifigantly overcrowded. If you are looking into moving to the area and have a child on the autism spectrum please check into Deer Point in Lynn Haven. We are relocating to another state that has advanced private and private school options for our son. My husband liked his job and the area is beautiful but if you have a child with any type of special needs I would advise avoiding Breakfast Points program. We are literally moving to another state due to the autism teachers lack of training at Breakfast Point.

Posted June 24, 2014
My son has attended BPA since the third grade. He was diagnosed with a learning disability in the fifth grade. He was put into the ASPIRE program (with our permission) and given additional help with his reading comprehension. Each year after, he showed improvement. At the end of the seventh grade he achieved scores on the FCAT that allowed him to leave the ASPIRE Program. He was on the Honor Roll and is looking forward to beginning the eighth grade. All along the way we were kept informed of his progress with e-mails , face to face meetings and phone calls. If we had questions we could e-mail individual teachers and in every instance we were answered almost immediately. I cannot speak to problems others have had but we give thanks daily to the wonderful staff and teachers at Breakfast Point Academy.

Posted June 23, 2014
hola se me olvido decirles que es muy segura esta escuela ,,siempre hay cuidado policial y mucho control ,,,muy linda escuela ...DIOS LOS BENDIGA ..

Posted April 28, 2014
My Daughter goes to Breakfast Point Academy, she has learned a lot since day one. She can read books and her writing is Beautiful. I enjoy volunteering at the school. Way to go Breakfast Point Academy Excellent Staff :)

Breakfast Point Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2014
My school shows lack of support for special needed or children with disabilities (District 1 school). Love the school and the teachers,but hate the school has no special classes to help learning process.

Breakfast Point Academy
601 R Jackson Boulevard, Panama City Beach, FL  32407
Last modified Breakfast Point Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.