2,972 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

The school's staff members only do a quick overview of stuff like this in the beginning of the year. Other than that, this school doesn't really care about things like this.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of the teachers I had at Douglas High so far are great at their job and actually teach, save for a few teachers

Amount of homework: Agree

The education here's great and most of the teachers here do a good job teaching.

I really hate this school! Most of the students here are rude, ignorant, and mean (or it's just me... I'm an outcast with no friends at this school) and large majority of the kids here are spoiled, bratty preps and/or do drugs/drink. Parkland itself is full of these people. The guidance counselors and other administrators here aren't really good either. Some of the bathrooms are locked up for some reason and the most of the school lunches (like any other public school) are disgusting. Only giving this 2 stars instead of 1 since the education's pretty good and there's a lot of classes & clubs you can take.

This is a very good school. Yes it is very large so it depends on the student but my child has adapted. I find the staff and administration to be great.

Okay I can not believe that I am submitting a review for my school. However, coming from a top ten percent student in my class, and reading all of these overtly, exaggeratedly nasty reviews about this school, I felt it was my duty to, at the very least, explain why this school has a mere 3 stars as the community rating while the GreatSchools rating gave it a 9. I SUGGEST ALL PARENTS TO READ THIS REVIEW. Ok, so I want parents that are thinking about enlisting their children into this school to realize that this rating system of schools on this website is COMPLETELY BIASED. Why? This is due to the nature of this rating system. Think about it, when you eat at a restaurant are you more likely to go submit a review of the food on a website like yelp when you are extremely dissatisfied with the food or when you thought the food was great? Most of the time it will be former. This is because most people that liked the food will just walk out and tell their friends and family to go try it out. Therefore, the average 3 stars of this school is not what most people of this school think it deserves, nor do I.

MSD is a really good school. All you have to do is try your hardest, and there's no way you can ever fail a class or dislike your teachers. Lots of AP classes, but I'm not an AP kid, though. The cafeteria is quite large, but it's too cold most of the time. You have the choice to eat outside (like a lot of kids do). When the weather gets a tad cold lots of kids bring blankets or towels and sit in the middle of the courtyard under the sun. It's really nice having some freedom like that. The film program is the best! The teacher is a great guy who makes the class a lot of fun. They have a bunch of clubs and sports to join. I'm in the animal rights club (PAWS) and Anime club. The clubs are students run, and there's also National Honor Societies to join. The teachers are great and really care about the students. There's a bunch of sport, too. The drama classes and dept. are crazy good! My friends and I have a lot of fun at school. The teachers make class interesting enough so that falling asleep rarely happens. The media center has tons of books and computers, and you can go there during lunch as well. All in all, I'm glad that I'm attending MSD for another year. I love my school!

I originally moved from Orlando , Florida to the Parkland area in 1999. My daughter did fine in Elementary and Middle school. Things totally changed once she reached high school. Stoneman high school is extremely overrated. My daughter was an average student without any behavior problems. She complained of bathrooms being locked up by administration. Extreme over crowding and lots of bD influences. If your child is a neurotic overachiever this school does offer advanced studies and strong academics at the highest level. This is misleading to parents of average students. I ended up sending my daughter to a private school , and she ended up receiving a Golf scholarship at a D1 school. If I did all over again I would never have sent my daughter to Stoneman Douglas. This school deserves negative stars!

My son is going into his Senior year at Douglas. He was an A+ gifted student before high school, and has remained so in some classes. He has had such a mixture of teachers, from really awful to fantastic. But the really awful shouldn't be there at all. The school smells like pot all the time, and my kid doesn't ever go to the bathroom because all the kids get high there. Guidance is an absolute joke. They have insulted and put down my child based on appearance, and are the opposite of helpful with anything. In fact, they admit that that don't know what colleges look for. The lack of class choices compared to Coral Glades is significant. AP Music Theory is something offered at most High Schools, but not here, as well as many others, like Philosophy.

We moved to Florida in 2012. My oldest daughter was going into 10th grade. She was dreading a new school and understandibly, very nervous her first day. Not only is she shy, but the school is huge! Douglas's Peer Counciling program was such a huge help. The first day of school they paired her up with someone (same age student) to show her to each class and to sit with her during lunch for the first week. My daughter adjusted perfectly, loved the school, the teachers, and her new friends. I had originally heard horror stories/rumors about Douglas, but she /we found none of them to be true. The expectations are higher at Douglas than her previous high school - but she just had to work harder! She is now going into her senior year. We love living here and have nothing negative to say about this school.

Last modified Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.