Ferry Pass Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2014
I love Ferry Pass Elementary. I have kids in K5 and first grade. I absolutely love their teachers and the time and effort they put into their job. My boys talk about school and their day every single day and I couldn't ask for anything better.

Posted March 25, 2014
This school should not be able to teach a cat let alone kids. The staff is so rude and think they are better then all. The worst of all is the assistant principal Cathy Ray she is very rude to the kids and to the parents and should not be around and kids with her bad attitude. And the teachers will wait months before they call you if the child is not turning the homework in. Bottom line is this school needs a whole new staff we have great people in the field with out jobs but yet we have all these staff and teachers who flat out stink working with our kids it's like the city of Pensacola does not care about the kids only what they want because i know for a fact i'm not the only one who feels this way about this school.

Posted January 02, 2014
Parents do not send your kids to this school. Administration is the worst . From the desk clerk to the principal . Those attitudes reflect the entire school . Sad to say but true .

Posted January 02, 2014
I definitely do not recommend this school to any parent. My child attended this school from 2nd to 4th grade. She had the police called on her twice for crying. I will admit my child has OCD and will cry uncontrollably if she cannot figure out an answer on her work. But her behavior never required police intervention. No contact was made with me until AFTER the police had already been to the school. Instead of dealing with her issue they threatened her with police enforcement and sending her to jail if she did not be quiet. I made several complaints to the school board and nothing was done. I eventually took her out and never looked back. Each time the police were called it was the principal who made the call and again not once did she contact me prior to calling law enforcement.

Posted November 18, 2012
My child had to transfer from Texas due to court issues with her father and I. When I needed to get register paperwork from the ADMIN STAFF as I see have been complained about and the shoe def fits! They were completely rude towards me as I was trying to obtain information of the school. I never once got any information about the school or times of the school what kind of classes or nothing of the sort. I go to the school to ask questions about the school activities and they turn their old noses up at you and act as tho you are bothering them and all they want to do is sit around talking. There is no real security at that school, there is no constant nurse on duty there. The place looks like something off a horror movie it's so run down and old, paint chipping everywhere, very filthy and you can see the dirt caked up all along the baseboards, and looks as tho no one has ever buffed the floors since it opened. I feel sorry for my child going to the school and hope we are able to relocate quickly back to Texas where it's top of the line at everything, staff, security and education.

Ferry Pass Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2012
From each encounter with teachers I have had over the recent years, they are wonderful. The problem lies within the admin staff. They are very rude, rarely smile and if you go in you feel you are an inconvience to them that they have to do their job. The PTA is worse than a high school clique, and voted for the upcoming year at a kindergarden performance where the majority had no idea it was happening and parents of others who were not in attendance had no say. The principal is rarely seen, seldom at actiivties and never has good communication with both parents or students. No helping load/unload buses or cars, no fun thing to give incentive to kids. My kids will be out of this school

Posted September 16, 2011
To say this is a terrible school would be unfair, because My daughter's 1st grade teacher is amazing. My 2nd grader's teacher is just awful. In an attempt to get a better rating, all the focus is on testing questions. My 2nd grader went from being a straing A student in Georgia at a +AA school, to getting Fs in Ferry Pass. The adminstration is rude and unprofessional, and simply disappointing to say the least. If you have a choice, DO NOT enroll your kids here. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN'S NEEDS. All the focus is on THEIR school rating and test scores (teaching to pass the tes). My (straight A) daughter cries and has told me her teacher does not care. She is hurried thru and intimidated by this teacher and it is disgusting. I am pulling them out ASAP! There is nothing worse that watching this school dismiss my children, this place is killing me!

Ferry Pass Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2011
I love Ferry Pass Elementary! We moved to the area 3 years ago. I had read some of the reviews on this site and were a little concerned. The secret to having a great relationship with a school is to get involved. I immediately joined the PTA and volunteered my spare time. Three years later I work 30 hours a week and hold a PTA board position. The school loves it's volunteers. Very welcoming!

Ferry Pass Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2010
2010 was a very frustrating year for my child who was new to this school. Parent/ teacher communication was poor. The principles leadership skills were lacking. From day 1 the school put pressure on FCAT and I felt neglected other areas of learning.

Ferry Pass Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2009

Ferry Pass Elementary School
8310 North Davis Highway, Pensacola, FL  32514
Last modified Ferry Pass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ferry Pass Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.