736 students|Escambia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Scenic heights is a much better school, the office staff knows what they are doing, my child's k-5 teacher there was wonderful, my son got a's on all of his tests and all I had to do was help him with his home work, he was in a play at the end of the year and sang song on stage, they had a party for the kids and families with all kids of activities, they always did neat things, at ferry pass some of the teachers really care, but my child's teacher was a nightmare. She was loud and abusive to him, called him names, tore down his self esteem, told him he isn't that smart, this is the 1st week of 1st grade, telling a 6 year old this and I am still trying to build him back up. The office staff is not going to care about any of your concerns so if your child goes here do not bother.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I have differing opinions with this, I know some of the teachers are good, one of the teachers I know are terrible.

Office staff was not rude directly to me, but I witnessed very rude behavior. Office is unorganized and chaotic. Teachers don't leave parent lists for holiday classroom party help so when you get there arms loaded with cookies you are not allowed to participate and the office nor the principal will not call the teacher's room to ask for the list. They schedule conferences for the same time kids get out of school, inconvenient. They do not answer phones, only the "General Delivery Mailbox" answers and I never get a call back. Will be looking for a new school next year.

Overcrowded, teachers unwilling to communicate with parents, office staff is rude and slow, and safety concerns regarding my kindergarten were not brought to my attention in a timely manner. Generally a bad experience. I'm planning to send my kids to a different school next year.

I love Ferry Pass Elementary. I have kids in K5 and first grade. I absolutely love their teachers and the time and effort they put into their job. My boys talk about school and their day every single day and I couldn't ask for anything better.

This school should not be able to teach a cat let alone kids. The staff is so rude and think they are better then all. The worst of all is the assistant principal Cathy Ray she is very rude to the kids and to the parents and should not be around and kids with her bad attitude. And the teachers will wait months before they call you if the child is not turning the homework in. Bottom line is this school needs a whole new staff we have great people in the field with out jobs but yet we have all these staff and teachers who flat out stink working with our kids it's like the city of Pensacola does not care about the kids only what they want because i know for a fact i'm not the only one who feels this way about this school.

Parents do not send your kids to this school. Administration is the worst . From the desk clerk to the principal . Those attitudes reflect the entire school . Sad to say but true .

I definitely do not recommend this school to any parent. My child attended this school from 2nd to 4th grade. She had the police called on her twice for crying. I will admit my child has OCD and will cry uncontrollably if she cannot figure out an answer on her work. But her behavior never required police intervention. No contact was made with me until AFTER the police had already been to the school. Instead of dealing with her issue they threatened her with police enforcement and sending her to jail if she did not be quiet. I made several complaints to the school board and nothing was done. I eventually took her out and never looked back. Each time the police were called it was the principal who made the call and again not once did she contact me prior to calling law enforcement.

My child had to transfer from Texas due to court issues with her father and I. When I needed to get register paperwork from the ADMIN STAFF as I see have been complained about and the shoe def fits! They were completely rude towards me as I was trying to obtain information of the school. I never once got any information about the school or times of the school what kind of classes or nothing of the sort. I go to the school to ask questions about the school activities and they turn their old noses up at you and act as tho you are bothering them and all they want to do is sit around talking. There is no real security at that school, there is no constant nurse on duty there. The place looks like something off a horror movie it's so run down and old, paint chipping everywhere, very filthy and you can see the dirt caked up all along the baseboards, and looks as tho no one has ever buffed the floors since it opened. I feel sorry for my child going to the school and hope we are able to relocate quickly back to Texas where it's top of the line at everything, staff, security and education.

From each encounter with teachers I have had over the recent years, they are wonderful. The problem lies within the admin staff. They are very rude, rarely smile and if you go in you feel you are an inconvience to them that they have to do their job. The PTA is worse than a high school clique, and voted for the upcoming year at a kindergarden performance where the majority had no idea it was happening and parents of others who were not in attendance had no say. The principal is rarely seen, seldom at actiivties and never has good communication with both parents or students. No helping load/unload buses or cars, no fun thing to give incentive to kids. My kids will be out of this school

Last modified Ferry Pass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.