Peters Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 684 students

Posted April 23, 2010

All my kids have had great dedicated teachers. I wouldn't want my kids to go to any other school. My kids have flourished from the teacher's they have had.

Posted April 23, 2010

Peters is great! All 3 of my children have attended or are attending this school. The teachers are responsive and informative and form a bond with the children that is unsurpassed. I would not consider moving my residence if it meant changing schools. We need Peters and the kids need Peters.

Posted April 23, 2010

We moved from California to Florida 8 years ago. We found Peters, spoke to neighborgs and parents. the recomendations and great comments about the school were what sold us. so, we found the school and then we look for our house. one of our daughters went to Peters for two years than to High school and now we have our twin dauthers going to Peters since 5 years now.... choosing Peters Elementary for our kids education, has been the best decision we ever made.

Posted April 23, 2010

I'm so happy that my son attends Peters. it was his first yr so naturally I was worried but we have had such a great experience! The staff is all so kind...the principal is super! volunteer in the school is the best way to help the students and teachers and let you know all is well. pleased parent.

Posted April 22, 2010

The teachers and students work so hard and deserve the recognition.

Posted April 22, 2010

Peters is great, my son has been there since 1st grade and all his teachers have been great. It was a pleasure to be part of the Peters family!!

Posted April 14, 2010

I consider myself a lucky parent. When I just got to Peters Elementary coming from Puerto Rico, I wasn't sure what to expect. As the days became weeks and the weeks became months I realized that I was very lucky to have my 3 girls go to Peters. Teachers are very nice, very involved and they make you feel welcomed. I give Peters Elementary an A++++!!

Posted April 14, 2010

I am a grandparent, I have two grandchildren that attend Peter's Elementary. The teachers make the difference ... this is our first year at Peter's and I can see a very caring relationship. I am pleased to see a safe environment and a positive environment. I have not met a child in this school that is not polite. I speak for my grandchildren's parents as well, they are very pleased.

Posted April 13, 2010

I love Peter's Elementary School for my children because the faculty and staff make it a great environment for the children. The teacher's are not only dedicated to the students but they really care about them. I love Peter's Elementary School!!!!!

Posted August 17, 2009

Both of my daughters attended Peter's Elementary. Ever since Principal Sedlack took over everything has been horrible. She has no communication skills. Even the teachers are unhappy with her. Peter's used to be such a wonderful school. It could still be wonderful if they wold just get rid of Principal Sedlack. She has no involvement with the parents, or the students. The students do not liker her either.

Posted December 19, 2007

I totally agree with this parent. My child was in the Miami-Dade system for two months and even though she had an IEP from another school the one she was going to was not following it at all. Her teacher didn't even know until she confronted me right before we moved to Broward that she had one. I love Peters and am so greatful for everything they have done for both of my children now attending Peters. The staff works hard to be sure to pay attention to each student and their struggles.

Posted June 8, 2007

This is the best school so far. Teachers upto administration level is just unbelievable. They really put heart in making these kids future bright.

Posted April 20, 2007

As a family new to the area (from Miami), I am extremely impressed with with school overall. My son was in danger of not passing first grade because of the previous district not caring about his progress or helping parents find the resources needed to get their child the help that they needed. From the first week he began attending the experience has been nothing short of astounding. The teachers, staff and principle are amazing. The parking situation is in the process of being changed and if that is all anyone to complain about then you should consider yourselves lucky. Try being in the Miami-Dade black hole system for one year and you might change your mind.

Posted May 22, 2006

Mt Pisgah is the best school.. You won't regret ever placing your child in this school.

Posted August 29, 2005

Teachers in kindergarten are great, perhaps cafeteria no really neat, and I think the teachers in upper levels should work harder

Posted July 19, 2005

The staff at Peters is great. There is also a lot of parent involvement at the school. Thumbs up for me!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 30, 2005

I think the parking situation is horrible! The teachers do not give individual attention based on each child's unique way of learning. If your child is late they make you go to the office to stand in line and get a late pass which can take 20 minutes and makes the child even more late to class. The teachers are never available during hours that are reasonable to working parents. Innocent children are punished for the behavior of other students opposed to singling out the child at fault. I am not happy with this school at all. I can't wait for the school year to be over so my children can go to a new school.

Posted March 1, 2005

The quality of academic programs is average. The only good thing is that they do encourage or require alot of parent involvement. The art program is terrible and for a while had no art teacher for the kindergarten class. Unfortunately, they did not inform the parents, and the children were doing whatever they wanted, or even worse watching cartoons. How they were rated and 'A' school is beyong my comprehension!!

Posted December 15, 2004

My daughter has been attending this school for the past 3 years. It has been a mangificent school. Peters Elementary offers a safe and positive enviroment. The teachers thus far in our experience have been dedicated to do the best to ensure their pupils reach their best potential. My daugther is part of the gifted program and has each day thrived even more. There are also enrichment programs. Great school. Wonderful overall.

Posted September 17, 2003

My biggest concern is the lack of parking at the school. I have 5 children. I have had a child in Peters since 1990. My youngest is in the 4th grade. There used to be areas where we could park & walk our children to their classes. Today we have to drop them off in the front of the school. I think the police harass the parents. they should be directing the traffic not trying to give tickets. I thought that there was supposed to be plans to add parking. I don't feel welcome at the school, as a parent I should feel welcome but I don't because I am not provided parking so I can come into the school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

94 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. KATHLEEN SEDLACK
Fax number
  • (754) 322-7940

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

851 Northwest 68th Avenue