Posted October 27, 2014
This is a horrible school. Look at the test scores, way below state average and dropping 3 of the past 4 years. How the principal stays here, for so many years, with so many problems, is beyond me. Bullying is rampant, as is drug use and fighting. And nothing is done. They can claim they offer various programs, but that really is a sham to try to disguise what is truly a horrible school with a principal who should have been removed long ago.

Posted April 14, 2014
This school is beyond terrible. I first attended in 2010 for my 6th grade year. The guidance is terrible. They do not investigate any sort of situation, they even favor some students over others and will take their opinions over others! My sister goes there now and she is in her last year and boy, am I glad for that. Too many fights & bullying and nothing being done about it.

Pompano Beach Middle School 3

Posted January 16, 2014
I attend Pompano Middle, you gotta be tough to go to this school. You can't be scared of people because if you are you're gonna have a hard time believe me. I'm currently a 8th Grader and I'm going to highschool, next year and this has taught me how to stand up for myself and so on. The teachers here are great and they want you to learn, but I feel they need to stop "babying" some kids. Pompano Middle offers a wide range if clubs and activities. But I'm really happy about leaving this school. 3 years is enough.

Posted November 18, 2011
I think that this school is horrible. Lousy teachers and no activities. Go to Rickards.

Pompano Beach Middle School 5

Posted June 21, 2010
As an eighth grader I have never felt more involved in school. I was able to be in sports and NJHS. I am lucky that P-no had four high school courses for me to take because I am totally ready for high school. The teachers are great and even Mr. Vetter who has to suspend kids was really great. I am glad I went to PBMS, gonna miss you guys! Its all about you Bengals, so make it count!

Posted June 21, 2010
I am a student, it is not as good as I thought it would be, there are A LOT of fights, and we barely get to do any broadcasting even though it is supposed to be a Communication Broadcast Arts Magnet. When I visited with my parents, they made it sound a lot better than it is.

Posted June 19, 2010
Not a safe learning environment. The school is becoming known more for the fights which occur there than for anything else. Sometimes almost daily fights; weapons on campus, etc. The first thing they need to do to turn things around is ensure the safety of the students and establish stronger leadership to get across the message that violent behavior will not be tolerated. Then they need to get better qualified teachers, many are new to teaching and/or out of field. If they do not do these things, the school will continue to go downhill. It's a mess right now.

Posted June 19, 2010
I really hope they do something about the violence and go back to providing the type of Magnet instruction they did in the past. I think the Administration is in denial about the problems the school is currently experiencing. NOT a good school right now.

Posted May 13, 2010
Ok I went to this school in 2003 I was only there for 4 months,It was like prison I was bullied all the time and when I told the guidance counselor all she told me it was MY FAULT!She said I made myself a target!Then told another counselor and she had one of the kids say sorry to me I said I dont want your sorry,Then she told ME I have to be more FORGIVING!Then one day I got into a fight with a this kid I hit him back and they told ME I should not have done that!It was AWFUL the teachers dont care about the kids.PLEASE dont let your kids go to this school.I could go on and on about how bad this prison is.

Pompano Beach Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2010
Pompano Beach Middle school has been a wonderful learning envoirnment for my daughter for the last two and a half years... she graduates from Middle School in a month or so.

Pompano Beach Middle School
310 Northeast 6th Street, Pompano Beach, FL  33060
Last modified Pompano Beach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pompano Beach Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top