Pompano Beach, FL

Posted August 19, 2014
I am so impressed with St. Coleman School. My child loves his teachers, the principals and the fellow students. The school has top notch technology and an excellent teaching staff. Religion is very important to us, and this is by far the best Catholic school around. The families are very friendly and welcoming and the Father Foudy is amazing. We honestly love this school.

Posted August 17, 2014
We had two kids in this school for over six years and finally came to terms with the fact that this was NOT the school for us... They stuff 40 students in one class and LIE and say that there are 2teachers per classroom when they only have one, and even with that, the one teacher is NOT qualified to teach period! Just as an example, there were two cafeteria workers that had recently got divorced when we were still a part of the school and they needed more income so they had them teaching upper grade classes. It seemed that anyone who was part of that church would get a job there regardless of their credentials. This is a recipe for disaster!! Glad we left when we did, so sorry that I waited so long...if you don't already have your kids enrolled here, don't do it!! There are plenty of other great private school in the area. THIS SCHOOL ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR MONEY!

Posted August 17, 2014
Not impressed by this school at al. Kids are out if control and education is not up to par with other private school in the area. Save your money and put your kids in public school or another private school even if you need to drive out if the way a bit. You will be terribly sorry when you find out in later years that your child cant attend a good high school because he or she is behind or lacking skills in math or science which are the two weakest areas of this school. This is no joke! Prepare for the future!.

Posted July 30, 2014
St. Coleman School is the best school in South Florida. This school offers many different qualities for leaning. Each Student in the upper grades gets their own iPad, and kids in the lower grades share iPads and learn together. Each classroom has Smart Boards, and all the teachers have Macs. There are two computer labs in the school with multiple technical devices such as Computers for the Students, iPads, Smart Boards, and more. The teachers are very kind, challenge the students to strive to do their best, and are quite skilled with technology. The students are kind and respectful to each other for the most part, and work collaboratively together. The iPads, computers, and Smart Boards are also great resources for helping out the students with their spanish. Another Amazing thing that St.Coleman offers is that they work with a local high school named "Cardinal Gibbons High School" and offer a great group of students in grades 7th and 8th the opportunity to participate in Advanced Math Classes that the students will attend in the morning before arriving at St.Coleman for their regular classes. St. Coleman Catholic School is by far the right choice!

St Coleman School 3

Posted May 05, 2014
This is my first year at St. Coleman I'm in 7th grade, most of the teachers are nice, the students are also nice, but the principal doesn't really care about what the bad teachers do and excessively expells kids. I actually got in trouble because one of the teachers called my and three other kids not smart because she doesn't like us(she even told me that I am number one on her "list"), then she told the principal that I was lying and I got in trouble, she told one kid that no one likes him, and another that he has a short attention span other than that it is a pretty good school.

Posted March 06, 2013
This school is AMAZING! Beautiful facilities, experienced and loving teachers and an extremely safe school, the addition of smart boards and ipads for the students shows that this school is moving forward when so many are cutting back. Great sports programs, specialized classes with dedicated PE, art and music teachers. The other comments that the teachers and administration know every child there is absolutely true. They recently expanded to add more classes per grade and both my children have 15 kids in their class. I cringe every time I hear a parent elect to send their kids to a public elementary schools and then switch to private in middle school. There is a huge difference in the character of the children who have attended SCS in elementary school and those who transferred in for middle school.

Posted August 24, 2012
BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL IF YOU WANT A GOOD EDUCATION FOR THEM! Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs

Posted August 16, 2012
My children went to school here for 3 years and now are in a public school where they are learning much more academically. There was alot of bullying and certain children the administration just looked the other way when they picked on and bullied others. Certain children also always seemed to get the better teachers. It was aweful and I am glad we are at a different school.

Posted June 11, 2012
I put our daughter in this school. She has excelled beyond belief. I had my child in pine crest, and she could not keep up academically. This school is for the child that is average and wants to excel. The academic and social life is wonderful for a child. The teachers are wonderful except the prepaid lunch program had us in a snag for 2 weeks, but overall, the teachers are very caring, personalized and made it so we did not have to get a tutor. I love the way the structure of the school and all the kids that live nearby in the area.

St Coleman School 2

Posted June 08, 2012
We left after 4 years 1. Not impressed by the teachers overall. Yes, there are a (slim) few great ones, but the majority are not quality. More yelling at the students then teaching. Academically the school is just "ok". Technology & Enrichment lack. 2. There is little compassion or love for the children. The office staff are harsh and not welcoming to parents or students. The business office is extremely rude. They do not keep good records and are not up to date with any business software. Keep your ck register handy, you will need to keep up with their mistakes. 3. Sad, but the kids attitudes takes on that of the faculty and staff. Overall the students are disrespectful to adults and each other. 4. Bullying is not addressed appropriately. If you do need help with a situation, be prepared to wait a long time to be addressed. 5. Lunch menu is not nutritional. Many complaints by parents and students. Same family that runs bus. office runs lunch room, always errors on prepaid lunch cards. There is good & bad at every school, but overall kids & parents deserve a better education and enviro. for the $.

St Coleman School