Port Charlotte, FL

Liberty Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2014
I have 4 children ranging in ages from 20-9. All of my children have attended LES and one is still there. I think Liberty is an awesome school and the principal, Mr. Gifford is the best! The school places a huge emphasis on reading and the year end celebration is the best. The staff allows top readers to pie the principal or other teachers in the face! I have just heard that the principal and vice principal are no longer with the school and I think that's a huge loss for LES students and families.

Posted July 25, 2014
Administration is joke. The teachers have too many demands and the school is too cheap to hire help. Liberty is now a failing school, how have those budget cuts helped? If my child came home with D's they would be in so much trouble, why isn't the principal help in the same regards? An entire revamp of this school could be the only thing beneficial for them which is sad. My child began school at this school when it was an A school and thankfully we will be finished with it after this year, the administrators and secretary remain the same I would approach with caution before enrolling your children unless you do not care about their success in life or plan to make up for all the schools shortcomings on your own.

Posted November 14, 2013
The principal's secretary is very rude. She doesn't know how to talk to people. She also almost ran me off the road making a turn while she was talking on her phone. Some of the teachers at liberty are good. Mrs Klingsten was the worst. Glad she is gone and retired. From my experience I only have bad things to say. With each year it sure doesn't get any better.

Liberty Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2013
Liberty has great teacher but the office staff needs some serious work. The principals secretary is RUDE RUDE RUDE. Parents should feel welcome when they enter the school not have things barked to them by her. The school needs more activities for students and families. I guess when families do not feel welcome when they walk into the office they will not come back though. I am not sure what PTO is supposed to do but this school does not seem to have one that does anything.

Liberty Elementary School 5

Posted September 13, 2012
My daughter started Kindergarten at Liberty and is now in 1st grade. It had been many years since my son started school at Meadow Park, but I still can't over the difference at Liberty. The administration and teachers are very approachable, and it has a family type atmosphere that has had such a positive effect on my daughter and myself. We both love the school and I have been able to get so much more involved.

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2012
My son is a 2nd grader and has attended Liberty for 3 years now. My husband and I are very pleased with the leadership of the school and how the school operates on a daily basis. The principal has embraced Covey's 7 Habits and has really gotten the staff and students on board with this wonderful program. My son has had fantastic teachers every year, and we are looking forward to our daughter starting kindergarten there next year! The PTO has lots of involvement and there are always lots of events to reward students' positive behaviors and work habits. We have only had positive experiences with Liberty!

Liberty Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2010
my son had a great kindergarden experience at Liberty, advanced to first grade and always got possitive feed back of him doing well from his teacher, then when we transferred he got a 'needs imporvement' letter to his new teacher, yet with no past issues even tho report cards went out just wks before we transferred....once at his new school, my son, in 7 months is on level where his reading should be; however when he started at the new school they tested him at a kindergarden level. It just shows me that Liberty is more involved with their "own" grade and pass children who need help, that OR they just dont observe the children well enough to know what level of reading they are. also, his teacher at Liberty was constantly out of the class for meeting, etc... I have other parents telling me the same of Liberty

Liberty Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
The now 3rd grade student (my 8 year old granddaughter I am raising) has attended Liberty since kindergarden. All of her experiences have been positive, supportive, enriching and skill building! She LOVES going to school!! The administration and teachers work with the parents/guardians to address and improve any needs or areas of concern regarding the student! Their programs and encouragement create well rounded children!

Liberty Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
Because their STARS program builds character and self esteem in the students who attend!

Liberty Elementary School
370 Atwater Street, Port Charlotte, FL  33954
Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top