626 students|Charlotte

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

You must be a relative of an employee to be in the "clubs". That in itself is enough to say things are unfairly done.

The school is very cliquey. Administration seems very concerned with pleasing staff rather than doing their job. It is one thing to be liked by your employees another to allow them to dictate how you run your school. Very unprofessional. There is a big push to make the school year round as well. If the staff wants year round school there are others they can go work at in the county. Parents here do not want it. The students do not seem to come first which is not right in dealing with a child's education. Choose another school if you have the option.

If you care about communication this school isn't for you. I have two children that go here and this will be there last year. They started this year at this school and it's a shame now I have to change their school. Principal is a joke and so is most of the staff I've met. Please stay away from this school, and pick a better one it's not hard to find and good luck to your kids

I have 4 children ranging in ages from 20-9. All of my children have attended LES and one is still there. I think Liberty is an awesome school and the principal, Mr. Gifford is the best! The school places a huge emphasis on reading and the year end celebration is the best. The staff allows top readers to pie the principal or other teachers in the face! I have just heard that the principal and vice principal are no longer with the school and I think that's a huge loss for LES students and families.

Administration is joke. The teachers have too many demands and the school is too cheap to hire help. Liberty is now a failing school, how have those budget cuts helped? If my child came home with D's they would be in so much trouble, why isn't the principal help in the same regards? An entire revamp of this school could be the only thing beneficial for them which is sad. My child began school at this school when it was an A school and thankfully we will be finished with it after this year, the administrators and secretary remain the same I would approach with caution before enrolling your children unless you do not care about their success in life or plan to make up for all the schools shortcomings on your own.

The principal's secretary is very rude. She doesn't know how to talk to people. She also almost ran me off the road making a turn while she was talking on her phone. Some of the teachers at liberty are good. Mrs Klingsten was the worst. Glad she is gone and retired. From my experience I only have bad things to say. With each year it sure doesn't get any better.

Liberty has great teacher but the office staff needs some serious work. The principals secretary is RUDE RUDE RUDE. Parents should feel welcome when they enter the school not have things barked to them by her. The school needs more activities for students and families. I guess when families do not feel welcome when they walk into the office they will not come back though. I am not sure what PTO is supposed to do but this school does not seem to have one that does anything.

My daughter started Kindergarten at Liberty and is now in 1st grade. It had been many years since my son started school at Meadow Park, but I still can't over the difference at Liberty. The administration and teachers are very approachable, and it has a family type atmosphere that has had such a positive effect on my daughter and myself. We both love the school and I have been able to get so much more involved.

My son is a 2nd grader and has attended Liberty for 3 years now. My husband and I are very pleased with the leadership of the school and how the school operates on a daily basis. The principal has embraced Covey's 7 Habits and has really gotten the staff and students on board with this wonderful program. My son has had fantastic teachers every year, and we are looking forward to our daughter starting kindergarten there next year! The PTO has lots of involvement and there are always lots of events to reward students' positive behaviors and work habits. We have only had positive experiences with Liberty!

my son had a great kindergarden experience at Liberty, advanced to first grade and always got possitive feed back of him doing well from his teacher, then when we transferred he got a 'needs imporvement' letter to his new teacher, yet with no past issues even tho report cards went out just wks before we transferred....once at his new school, my son, in 7 months is on level where his reading should be; however when he started at the new school they tested him at a kindergarden level. It just shows me that Liberty is more involved with their "own" grade and pass children who need help, that OR they just dont observe the children well enough to know what level of reading they are. also, his teacher at Liberty was constantly out of the class for meeting, etc... I have other parents telling me the same of Liberty

Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.