PK|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

At first glance Chesterbrook seems like a nice daycare center but if you're considering placing your child there be aware that the administration is more concerned with making money and perception than with providing the students with a safe and nurturing academic environment. Our experience with Chesterbrook's VPK program was absolutely terrible. Academically the children do little more than play with blocks and play-doh. Most "learning" activities are incredible superficial, and have no follow through or continuity to develop any kind of retention or growth. Our child is very bright but would have regressed academically at Chesterbrook if we didn't continue to home school as well. Worse than that, though, is that they have no methods or protocols on how to deal with bullying. Our child and many other children, were pushed, slapped, punched and bullied on a regular basis for months. When we tried to address the situation, the administrators tried to sweep the issues under the rug, marginalize them, and when that failed, tried to bully us in turn to discourage us from trying to protect and advocate for our child. After several disagreements with the administration, they expelled our child. He never did anything out of line, they simply did not like us speaking up against their lack of discipline, learning and respect for parents and their concerns. Maybe other parents and their children have had better experiences than us, but all the parents we spoke with shared our frustration too. We spoke up about it, and our son was expelled for it. When we tried to contact the corporation nobel that oversees the daycare they will not return any phone calls or emails. I would never recommend this daycare or vpk program to anyone.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

As stated I my review they do not have any protocol for bullying. The administration will go as far as to laugh at you if you say a child is being bullied. They feel that at 4-5 yo don't bully and that constant hitting is something that "will resolve itself".

Supports LD students: Disagree

In our child's class there was kids in the class for a child with special needs but when the aids were not present the other children in the class were the source of the child's help.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The administration and the teachers never seem to be on the same page and constantly point fingers at one another when something goes wrong.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The children were never taught or shown any of their bad actions have consequences. They weren't told to apologize for bad behavior towards others. Usually they bad behavior was ignored or simply told not to do it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Our child's vpk teacher was absent a lot. When she was there she had a very uninvolved approach to teaching and supervision. They kids were usually set up with blocks or animal figurines to just play (these are 4 & 5 yo not babies).

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is no homework ever given to the kids or even worksheets too just review with your child at home.

This is an amazing school! My son has been in many day cares and academies and this one is by far the best. He is now in Pre-K and he has learned so much and his behaviour has improved wonders while at this school. I highly recommend it to anyone in Port Saint Lucie. The staff is great. I have never had an attitude from a teacher or from the administration. Always smiley faces around! My son loves been there. I wish they would add additional grades or have a preparatory academy in town.

My son has been going since last year when he turned 3 and so far, all 3 teachers he has had have been great! He loved his last teacher which we use as a babysitter once in a while. He will be starting VPK this month and will be there till next year! I have not had any problems with any staff and have been happy with my son attending. I felt very comfortable when I first visited the school and have been happy ever since.

Although it is pricey, Chesterbrook is an amazing school. I feel safe dropping my daughter off knowing she will be in the hands of well-trained and caring teachers. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Last modified Chesterbrook Academy is a Private school that serves grade PK