796 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Lack of concern about children. Doesn't follow thru on parental complaints. Does not address bullying.

I am very unhappy with this school. They are not parent friendly at all. This school is not teaching spelling or punctuation which is a huge concern for me. My child's teacher confirmed the non teaching of spelling, and I have pictures and planner proof. I have tried to speak with the principal for two years on this topic and can't get a meeting with her. I was able to speak with the Asst. Principal, she was able to verify they do not do spelling or punctuation and claim they are following Florida school statutes. There are other issues at this school but my biggest concern is poor education.

I love this school the teachers are very caring .Lots of after school activities that involved the parents.My son was having trouble and he has improved 100%.The front office staff is very polite and very friendly and they know most of the students first name basis.I really recommend this school.I cant say much about the Principal but she not very friendly since she been in office since last year.

We absolutely LOVE Windmill Point! We had a great Kindergarten year and have the same expectations for 1st grade. Can't wait. Keep up the good work Wildcats :)

My child has been attending Windmill Point since first grade. After a rough start our first year there (luckily we had school support) each year has gotten better and better! Tomorrow I get to watch my child "move up" to middle school. And I now wish it was a K-8 vice a K-5. This is a school with heart! You see it from the front office into the classroom. I know they don't allow you to volunteer in your child's classroom, but that's a district rule. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved. Windmill Point has helped mold my child and we're both going to miss it. So take advantage of the events, volunteer if you want, help the school & help your child and I,m sure he/she will have a great experience too!

Do not enter your child in this school. If you want the best and a fair education for your child. I had a recent conference with the principle and the teachers. They truely waste your time. They've already decided what was best for my children, which was to RETAIN them both even when i mention tutoring the Principle said that that will not help and that she was the principle and she is not changing her mind on the matter. She was very "RUDE" and then had the nerve to ask me if i was staying for the kids carnival. Is she crazy!!!! THAT SCHOOL NEEDS TO BRING BACK MRS.FLOYD SO OUR KIDS CAN GET FAIR TEACHINGS AND THE STAFF WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER I"VE HEARD PERSONALLY FROM THE STAFF AT WINDMILL POINT. MY KIDS WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE I WOULD HOME SCHOOL THEM FIRST AT LEAST I KNOW THEY ARE RECEIVING THE BEST OF THE BEST IN EDUCATION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

My son started Kindergarten there and from the day #4 his teacher sent us only negative feedback, every week. My son can read and write and finishes his weekly homework the very same day. Still the teacher couldn't see anything good about him, just complaining how my son is inattentive and sulky when spoken to. He switched to another school and what a change! Now he is so happy and excited to go to school every day, he gets "stars" for the excellent behavior. I can't help wondering what's going on in Windmill, they don't allow parents in the classroom, there's no recess, the teacher never called or gave any contact information or daily plans, all the information had to be digged out.

My little boy has been going to this school since Kindergarden, next year he will be going into 4th grade. He has learn so much and everyone has always been very helpful. All the teachers he ever had have been great. My little girl will be starting kindergarden this year and I am looking forward to a great school year for them both. In my opinion this is a great school, they care about their students. I believe that parent involvement is helpful, and the school encourages all parents to volunteer in different tasks.

My second grader has the worse teacher ever. This coming Friday will be the awards. I just hope I get one as a parent because all the things I had to put up with this teacher. Staff are very rude. I can't wait to this school year ends to change my son to another school.

My daughter and son have been here in this school for 2 years.I was pretty satisfied. But in this year my son's teacher doesn't giving any paragraph home work.I don't even know what kind of writing they are doing in class.I am so upset about this teacher.Her class is earning very limited academic achievement award.This means she is not a good teacher at all.

Last modified Windmill Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.