Morningside Academy

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Port St. Lucie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $70,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Sweep tile

Posted April 2, 2014

We were very happy for 5 years at Morningside but after this current year have decided to move on. One of the 3rd grade teachers is terrible at utilizing classroom time efficiently. My child comes home daily with classwork that there "wasn't time" to complete. Meanwhile the class spent at least 1 hour a day for 3 weeks practicing for a play & "extra" recess. She shows favoritism for students that are either children of school employees, she is friends with, or have parents that spend a lot of time helping her every day. 5th grade class has 30 students because they did not want to hire a 2nd teacher. They claimed at least 17 students per class were needed to do so, then we discovered they turned away 3 students that wanted to return from last year. A 2nd teacher could have been hired. Luckily the teacher is amazing & can effectively teach a large class. We had a great experience for 5 years but with the recent issues and raising tuition after building a multi million $ gym instead of classrooms for the upper school we feel the pastor does not have the students best interest at heart but how much $ he can make. There are less expensive options with the same advantages in the county.

Posted March 20, 2014

Wow! I will talk about elementary and high school. I am reading the last few post and there are many stange things in there. My 3 kids graduated from Morningside Academy and I am very proud of it (and no my kids are not afraid of the world). My wife is a teacher at Morningside for the past 7 years and she is the one selecting the awards from her class and never the people in charge of the school asked her to select or not a student. Never heard about the perfect parents, what is that. Sadly with internet you can say whatever you want without consequences. Put your name in your post if you want people to verify what you say. I am sure it is not a perfect school but show me the one that is perfect. Also for the person that talked about the money, each kids in the public schools cost around $17,000 a year for a failed system( are you calling, writing to you government for that failure) and MA charges you all together maybe $7,000 a year for a great education, with certified teachers (Bacc. min). MB

Posted January 12, 2014

We enrolled our child in the preschool program and were very surprised and dissatisfied with the teacher and the program manager. We had recommendations from several people on this preschool. Their children attended several years before and after discussions with other parents I believe it has gone down hill. Our experience was inexperienced teachers who didn't have any classroom management or teaching skills. They had been hired because they knew someone. The lack of organization was also scary. Their snacks were full of processed ingredients like corn syrup. I pulled my child out after a month and we had excellent results with the next preschool we tried.

Posted May 23, 2013

I could not agree more with the previous comments. While I do think the education itself is great. This school definitely has favoritism issues. I wouldn't say it is a "true" Christian school in spirit, even though the bible teaching is very good, it's more like a prep school, which is fine if that is what you want. The church it self fails it's people time and time again. Aside from the politics, the so called "perfect parents" and favortism, they do have a great curriculum and orchestra teacher!

Posted May 22, 2012

This school is all about politics, and weather or not you work for the school, those are the kids that get the attention, the awards, and the "extras". Don't get me wrong there are a few great new teachers and staff who are oblibious to this but they will soon find out as there are so many kids that are left out of the special attention they deserve or awards they should have recieved had ther parents work for the school. I was witness tonight to awards that kids did not get tonight only because their child was not returning for the next school year because of financial burden or because they chose a better school for there child. I now see why they have had a declining enrollement for the past 4 years. How do you tell a child that yes you were better at that or you should have got this when all they see in their eyes is $$$. To start you child out in a private school, this one is good, but when they grow up and need middle school setting, this is not for you. You are better off moving to Martin County.

Posted July 30, 2010

Morningside Academy is a terrific school. They have dedicated teachers, administrators and staff who truly care about the success and well-being of their students. I am confident that my own children have been thoroughly prepared to excell in college and deal with the demands that life brings. I have been very happy with the instruction my children have received and with the school at all levels.

Posted June 12, 2010

Pros: Computers, Spanish, Music, Chrisian based education, parent involovement Cons: Favoritism, Perfectionistic, aloof office management, all about the money when it comes down to it!

Posted June 16, 2009

MA is a truly wonderful school. The academic program is far above anything I have seen in this area, the teachers and staff truly care and nuture each and every child, while at the same time molding them to be responsible individuals with an emphasis on their spiritual character. I cannot recommend this school highly enough.

Posted June 16, 2009

I can't say enough about MA, it is a wonderful school, with the most wonderful careing staff anyone could ever imagine.The teachers,and staff are unbelievabe !!!!!!!! You know when your there, that the children are truly cared about and that is something that can't be bought. I thank God daily for them !!!! The standards that the children are held to are high, but isn't that what its all about? Don't we want our children to be held to high standards, it builds their character and values. The love and support that the students receive is incredible, and undescribable. I can't say enough about Morninside Christian Academy.

Posted April 30, 2009

There are things I really like about this school and there are things I really dislike about this school. Things I like: my son is learning a lot, far above the public schools. Things I don't like: it seems they want money all the time. Every time I turn around I'm handing money over to them for something: fundraisers (tons of them), field trips, school uniforms (which are way overpriced), lunches (also way overpriced), art projects, class projects, etc. Also, no bussing system. So if you think you pay the overpriced tuition and that's it, think again, nothing is included. Like if you forget to turn in the money on time for an art project, then kid just sits there while everone else get to do it.

Posted March 26, 2009

Not a good value at all. Do your research before you enroll your child. Some of the kids who attend public school after attending Morningside have a hard time adjusting to public school. They become too sheltered. Which may sound like a good thing, but the kids do have to eventually live in the real world.

Posted October 21, 2008

This is our 4th year at the Academy and we love the school and our teacher. She is the kindest and most knowledgable teacher we have had.

Posted August 24, 2008

I have 2 children that attend MA for the five years. I have been nothing but pleased with the school the entire time of their attendance. My children love going to school. They feel loved and cared for by their teachers(even my teenager). The academics are wonderful and spiritual atomosphere is real and personal. Everything runs smoothly. There are many different athletic opportunities at the upper school as well as orchestra, drama, yearbook, and computer. This year I am very happy that they will be offering dual enrollment classes at no additional charge for 11th and 12th graders. They offer much more than other private schools in the area. At the lower school, they have Spanish, orchestra, choir, drama, and will probably be adding a chess club this year. My children's class sizes have been around 20 every year. My children will be staying in this school until they graduate.

Posted June 22, 2008

This is a fabulous school and our daughter will continue there for 3rd grade. Unlike public schools, she can celebrate Christmas, Easter, and other holidays. Computer, Spanish, art, music, PE, violin (optional) & chapel are part of her regular curriculum every week. She takes piano lessons too. Did you know MA sweeps 1st place almost every year in state competitions for violin, chorus, acting, piano, and speech? Their SAT scores rank within the top 10% of the nation. The upper school is in semi-permanent Modulars, not trailers, and a full size gymnasium with classrooms, large cafeteria, etc. will be under construction soon. Computers are in every class, the science & computer labs are being expanded & sports. The school instills values into the children, not overly strict practices. If you could see the children during assemblies or in classrooms, you would see behaved, well mannered, happy children.

Posted May 17, 2008

I would not send my child to MA again (she was there or 5 years) ....it is not worth the money! PSL's public school are just as good. If you can teach the Bible and good values at home your child will be much better served in a public school.

Posted April 13, 2008

My child is in Kindergarten and I can't say enough of how pleased I am with his academic success! I am quite involved and see from the inside how caring the teachers and administration are. With previous experience in Education I am extremely happy with the standards MA hold for their students! Tuition has gone up tremendously..however..you pay what you get for. I can't trust the Public schools to give my child the same education!

Posted March 30, 2008

Morningisde Academy's Upper School is an absolutely terrible high school experience. The students sit in trailers (yes, they are trailers) for all their classes, the academics are very unchallenging, and the many of the teachers really don't put that much care into their students. There is little to none in spiritual growth, there is little to none in academic learning, and there is little to none in extra activities. I have no child in the Lower School, so I can't comment on the lower school part of Morningside. I would strongly suggest you look at others schools before sending your child to such a school. Don't be fooled by the Lower School, Morningside's Upper School is downright horrible.

Posted March 29, 2008

Academically, the school is amazing. However, their discipline policy is way too harsh. There is nothing wrong with disciplining children, but the punishment should always fit the crime. Furthermore, punishment for similar infractions should be equal across the board and all children should be dealt with accordingly- not the case at this school.

Posted December 11, 2007

The upper school is very run down and far too strict. My child comes home every day complaining about how much homework he gets and how many demerits for 'shirt being untucked.' I would not recommend this school to anyone who likes seeing their child come home happy each day.

Posted September 8, 2007

One parent mentions that 'the school is old and resources are non-existant.' Since when does age of a school have anything to do with the quality of an education? And resources...Every class in the school has at least one computer, and both campuses have computer labs. At the elementary grades students have computer science classes at least once a week, and from middle school up, students have regular computer science classes. My student has had classes in the semi-permanaent MODULARS (more than a trailor), and I've been perfectly pleased. The A/C units work fine, and my child hasn't ever had any complaints. Morningside is accredited through FACCS and AACS, and I couldn't be happier with my child's academy and spiritual growth! If you want an alternative to the public school system, I would recommend checking Morningside out.

• Coed
Associations
  • AACS
  • FCE
Fax number
  • (772) 335-7323

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious