Public charter
Sarasota, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
I am a parent as well as a staff member at Imagine Palmer Ranch and I am very pleased with the education my child is receiving. We are very lucky to be living in a community that has excellent schools to choose from, but the reason we stay at Imagine is because of the environment. My child's teachers make her feel loved, important and most of all challenged. She loves the fact that she has opportunities to make decisions, be a part of a sports team (even though she has never played that sport before), and the opportunity to learn in ways that suit her best. As a parent it make my heart happy that my child gets up in the morning wanting to go to school everyday!

Posted November 24, 2014
After working as an educator in the public school system for 21 years, I can confidently tell you the grass IS greener at Imagine! The strong character development implemented here yields great academic success. Our amazing teachers can actually teach, as they don't have to deal with constant disciplinary issues that are commonplace in the regular public school setting. The students are genuinely well mannered and have a desire to learn! What parent would not want this type of caring learning environment for their child? But don't take my word for it. Come take a tour, see our staff and students in action, and you'll just know, that this is the best place for any child, hence the motto, "Excellence is the ONLY option"...

Imagine School At Palmer Ranch 1

Posted November 23, 2014
Tried to give them another year to prove that they want what they say "the best for each individual chikd'' such a let down at the expense of my children. Both kids are behind in math and reading going into their district schools for the upcoming semester :( boo!

Posted October 29, 2014
Our school strives for academic excellence while providing a caring and safe learning environment for students.

Posted October 28, 2014
I have been teaching at ISPR for several years. I have had the privilege to grow as a teacher and watch our school grow as a school that truly cares about the whole child. The school holds pride and should hold pride in being an "A" school. Students, staff, and parents have earned that for their highly effective teaching, character development, and social/emotional development. Every child is treated as an individual and given personal attention. The staff at Imagine are beyond amazing, always working together as a team for the betterment of the students. Staff are always kind, positive, and helpful towards each other and that makes it that much easier to feel at home with the ISPR "family". Teamwork at this school means teachers, students, parents, school support staff, and administration all working towards the same goals for a student. To me, it is important to be working in a school where I can always be part of the decision making for the school, be part of a team that works together, and be valued for the work I do - and that is exactly what ISPR provides. If you are looking for a school who believes in the WHOLE child, this is it!

Posted October 20, 2014
ISPR is a great school for kids and for teachers! I have been teaching vpk (pre-K) here for the past four years. While getting the children ready for Kindergarden, we use appropriate activities to teach Print Knowledge, Phonological Awareness, Mathematics, Language and Literature. We also feel Character Development is very important and begin teaching Character Education starting with our youngest students and continue through eighth grade. One special reward I recieve working here at ISPR, is watching my "kids" transition to Kindergarten and the primary grades. Our school is a community working together for the good of all students. Our Principal is very supportive and caring, She is always willing to give a helping hand in time of need. I reccommend ISPR to all my friends and family.

Posted October 18, 2014
Imagine Palmer Ranch was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a school. This school means so much to me. The teachers prepared me so well for high school and the principal was so in touch with all the students. I've never seen a principal care so much for a school then the one here.

Posted October 15, 2014
This is our sixth year at this school. I have two children enrolled and I have been thrilled with our experience! My children have continually tested above average on all their FCAT and other benchmark tests. I fully attribute this to the amazing and supportive teachers we have had! From high test scores and happy faces....to an equally great experience as part of the team sports program.....I look forward to watching my children flourish in the years to come!! Go Longhorns!!!!!!

Posted October 15, 2014
This is the second year that my child has attended ISPR. The teachers have been VERY involved in meeting her acedemic needs. My child comes home with only positive things to say about her teachers and peers. ISPR is a positive and uplifting community. The teachers/staff are very friendly and treat each child as if they were their own. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone. LIke I said ISPR is a COMMUNITY not just a school.

Imagine School At Palmer Ranch 1

Posted September 19, 2014
The school is run poorly due to leadership. Once they opened their daycare to accommodate the principals new baby everything went downhill. Teachers were permitted to talk poorly about students with zero repercussions. In order to have my son removed from a hostile teachers classroom I had to call in the board of directors who ordered him moved into a new classroom that day. My child that is gifted was branded a trouble maker and treated as such. I pulled both of my children from this school. They were behind in multiple subjects changing schools yet they were on honor roll there. When your only full time gifted teacher leaves that tells you something about this shameful school and it's principal . If you want your children to have a healthy encouraging environment where they actually learn go elsewhere your needs will not be met here! It's amazing this school has an A rating with poor test scores and subpar teachers. They have minimal funding and any child with an IEP will not have their needs met. Enjoy donating tons of money and time to a school that will leave your child behind academically and hurt them emotionally.
2 people found this helpful

Imagine School At Palmer Ranch
6220 McIntosh Road, Sarasota, FL  34238
Last modified Imagine School At Palmer Ranch is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine School At Palmer Ranch Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top