Public charter
Sarasota, FL

Sarasota Suncoast Academy 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Pulled my child due to common core. Placed gifted child in private school and found child was behind other kids who knew so much more. PV or private is a much better situation for a gifted child.

Sarasota Suncoast Academy 2

Posted September 17, 2014
My experience was not a good one, and the principal, cares about no one but himself, and keeps teachers, who are just terrible. We had a horrible experience with a teacher, pulled our daughter mid-year, the principal did not want to even address the issue. As a matter of fact I was told by a teacher who longer works, there, that, he really didn't care about what the parents concerns are, and thought that some of them were over dramatic. We personally know of 5 families who have pulled their children from this school for very similar reasons. You can be the judge here, but I do not and would not recommend to anyone. PS- This school is not for the "gifted" . If your child is truly gifted there are district gifted schools who do a great job, challenging your child!

Posted September 17, 2014
I can only speak for my husband and I. Our daughter is identified as full time gifted and attends SSA. SSA meets all her needs and more. Yes it is true that we could send her to PV or any other gifted program in the county but she is challenged and best of all HAPPY at SSA. Perhaps the previous poster does not enjoy the structure or rules but I would agree that SSA IS the absolute best elementary school in Sarasota County!

Posted September 16, 2014
I am an 18 year Sarasota County School Teacher. I will tell you that SSA is an amazing school community. Our "gifted"daughter is happy and thriving and I dread the day that she has to graduate. I would NEVER again send her to any other school. Best school in Sarasota County!!!

Posted August 20, 2014
I can only think of one word to describe this school AMAZING! This was the best decision we made in bringing our son to Kindergarten at this school. The staff and the teachers are truely AMAZING.

Posted August 17, 2014
Speaking as a parent of 2 children who took part in the gifted program at Suncoast I can tell you that there are several teachers in the scho that have specialized training in this area. While they do not have a separate gifted program the students are given time each week to work with the gifted resource teacher in whatever area they excel in. My children enjoyed their time in the gifted program immensely. Also, I have a child with a 504 accommodation plan due to ADHD and the teachers and principal at Suncoast always did anything and everything they could to make sure he had the services and accommodations he needed.

Sarasota Suncoast Academy 3

Posted July 31, 2014
Teachers care. But do not have training for gifted kids and other parents with kids who need extra help. No playground. Do not differentiate so it for average kid with no gifted or any learning challenges.

Posted June 26, 2014
Sarasota Suncoast Academy is a fantastic school. It is not for every child or parent. Parents sign a contract which is easy to read and understand about the rules and expectation of parents and child. This school provides an excellent education in academics and social skills. The Principal, Support Staff, and Teachers are the best I have ever encountered!! It truly is a community where children and families can flourish .

Sarasota Suncoast Academy 2

Posted May 15, 2014
Our experience was unpleasant. My child attended Suncoast for a year and I would not recommend the school.

Posted April 19, 2014
SSA is the best school in Sarasota. I have a daughter attending now and won't graduate for another couple years and already I am dreading that she can't continue on there past 5th grade. We have absolutely the best teachers and I hear from my daughters 3rd grade teacher several times a week. She's always coming up with suggestions to help my daughter stay focused. I would absolutely recommend this as the best elementary school in Sarasot, hands down!!

Sarasota Suncoast Academy
8084 Hawkins Road, Sarasota, FL  34241
Last modified Sarasota Suncoast Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sarasota Suncoast Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top