Mcdonald Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 600 students

Posted Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I haven't signed child up yet. Want to see reviews first. I just want to see how the school is rated.

Posted September 20, 2013

This is a great community school,My children and now my grandchildren attend,they have a great staff and try very hard to have a safe,fun and friendly place for our kids.

Posted March 4, 2013

My daughter is in Kindergarten this year with Ms. Stonesifer and we couldn't be happier with her progress. She loves going to school and she keeps the children interested in school with activities and holiday related projects to keep them engaged. My daughter was reading halfway through kindergarten and has made excellent progress in math. The school itself is a bit drab and I feel it tends to reflect negatively on the school even though it's a wonderful school. Don't let the appearance fool you, it's the teachers that count.

Posted March 7, 2011

My daughter is in Kindergarten at McDonald. I volunteer in the classroom every week and I absolutely love her teacher. Being a preschool teacher myself I know how difficult running a classroom can be and I am impressed with what I have seen. The principal goes above and beyond when it comes to monitoring the teachers, and being involved with the students. My daughter is doing so well and I wouldn't have her at any other school.

Posted April 21, 2010

My daughter loves this school. The teachers and staff are very friendly and are working at their best to challenge their students.

Posted March 8, 2010

I have two daughters that attend this school, and i will say that this is a very good school in the long run, there are some people that you really dont like dealing with there but in the end it has been a good school!!! be carefull cause this school does have certain students they make there favorites as i have seen since one of my daughters have been there since she was 5 and now 10!!!!!

Posted November 16, 2009

My son also had Ms. Senhauser last year and we were very happy with her as his teacher as his Kindergarten & 1st grade teachers. He still visits Ms. Senhauser & Mrs. Medero (his Kindergarten teacher is no longer at the school).

Posted January 27, 2009

I want to thank Ms. Senhauser she was my son's teacher and I have to say I was so pleased with the way that she was interested in my son's schooling before and after my son went on to higher education. My son always speaks of her and that he was so pleased and treasured her opinion. Thank you

Posted January 24, 2009

Great school. Very good teachers. As with all schools, people may have one bad experience, but it shouldn't cloud the over all quality of the school.

Posted September 18, 2008

My Child, now in 1st Grade at this school, is suprising me daily with her expanded vocabulary and her thirst for more knowledge. The school seems to provide ample resourses and I've had no issues with the Staff. My 'lil one' has had no medical issues except colds, etc.

Posted August 1, 2008

My daughter went to the VPK program there from 2004-2006. The teachers for that program were wonderful. She then went to Kindergarten and again had an amazing teacher. Her 1st grade teacher was also wonderful. The office staff are very friendly. The library staff needs to take some classes in professionalism. They get angry if the parents try and solve a problem instead of the children. The principal is okay. There are serious issues with head lice at the school. The 2 years she was in the portable for VPK she never once came home with head lice but once she entered the school building it was bad. They do not stay on top of the problem areas the way they should so they continuously get reinfested in the building. Other then spending $300-$400 a year on head lice treatment it is a good school.

Posted February 27, 2008

My little Girl has made tremendous advances at this school, especially in reading and computer skills, at age Six. I'm very impressed with her Teacher's planned work efforts. We'll see next year , but so far so GREAT!

Posted August 7, 2007

My Child spent her 1st session here at VPK, and I was amazed how much she learned. So far, I highly recommend the Staff!

Posted May 21, 2006

I think that all in all it is a good school. I was bothered however by the way the staff was talking to the student or rather yelling at them during my last visit. And I find the color coded behavior charts very confusing,my child gets a bad color but a note saying he had a good day. It makes it hard on a parent to help the teacher. I mean why tell me that that they are getting bad colors if your just going to send home a note saying it's ok they had a good day if it was a good day then why did they get in trouble 3 or more times. Our hole family has become aggravated with this system.

Posted April 24, 2005

McDonald Elementary school has a quality of academic programs. They have an excellent music program that my children enjoy. My son has been in the chorus for 2 years and he loves it!! McDonald Elementary has an excellent level of parent involvment also.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

87 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

88 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

70 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

70 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

71 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

85 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

85 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

86 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

58 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. GREGORY CANNELLA
Fax number
  • (813) 744-8012

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now