No rating

New Jerusalem Christian Academy

Private | PK-8

Posted July 27, 2011

Njca has been a great blessing for our family. It is not only a school, but a family. No school is perfect, but NJCA strives for excellence. They have good quality eduaction and teachers who care. My children enjoy learning and they love there school. I highly recommend this school to others:)

Posted June 12, 2011

This school has one of the highest education program in the tampa bay area. The students are well prepared for the next grades achievements.

Posted December 9, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this school. We came from public and will never go back. The teachers and staff are concerned for the students and are so warm and loving. My kids are in the 5th & 7th grade and couldn't be happier. Happy kids learn better and I know they are getting the education they deserve. I love, love, love this school. I highly recommend it.

Posted April 29, 2010

My grandchildren have been attending NJCA for many years, spread over five kids and more than eight years of association with this school. The administration is totally concerned with the quality of the children's education and they are nutured as well. My granddaughter is in first grade and they have her reading on a third grade level as do most of the kids in her class. They begin writing cursive in K4 and by lst grade their manuscript looks better than the parents. Hillsborough County public schools cannot even begin to measure up. Tuition is kept low by parental involvement and fundraisers. Safety has always been my biggest concern given the violence in todays society. I feel totally confident that my grandchildren are safe from the outsiders and that the quality of the teachers hand-picked by the principal will always be the best she can find & she has 3 there.

Posted January 26, 2010

My children attended NJ for four years before they had to experience public school. They learned absolutely nothing and refused to let my first grader use his cursive. When tested by the public school they found him reading at fourth grade level. Also, my kindergartener had no discipline at public and was allowed to do what she wanted when she wanted. At NJ she is thriving academically and very well behaved. She is reading at wonderful!!! I love NJ and will do anything to keep them thee.

Posted January 5, 2010

My child has been at New Jerusalem for 4 years, I absolutely love this school. My child has learned so much and enjoys learning. This school has a very loving and caring faculty that are ready to help. They have great discipline, which sadly now a days some parents do not appreciate, but I want my child to grow with good discipline and procedures so that she is successful in the future. I would not change this school. If your are loking for academic excellence than this is a great school! This private school does not use public school curriculum like others do. If you hear Bob Jones, beware!

Posted December 9, 2009

All of the teachers work so well together. We share ideas and give direction to those that need a hand in his/her class. Overall, the teachers at NJCA love what they do. I am so pleased to be a part of such a dynamic team. This is such a great year; the impact we're making is so evident in the lives of our students!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 5, 2009

ya i went to this school for like 8 years and i just arrived in public school and i am struggling because of lack of knowledge and the public schools are 10 times better than this school so refrain from placing your child in this school
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 27, 2009

I found this school to be disorganized and non-communicative during the school year. Hopefully the 10th year of this school being open will be the charm.

Posted August 24, 2009

I can honestly say that NJCA, School of the Arts has been one of the best decisions I have made as a parent. Your child is not another 'student I.D. number' in a grade book, but a seed that is watered daily with the love these teachers bring each and every day. I am so satisfied with NJCA, because they're real people, doing God's work, partnering with me to raise up my children to serve the Lord. The education is awesome and the arts program can not be beat. The tuition is the lowest I've seen for what this school offers. Don't take my word for it and don't judge the school by a negative comment you might hear - talk to the principal and see her heart for the school. My kids are blessed to be apart of the NJCA family.

Posted July 20, 2009

My daughter attends NJCA. She learned a lot during her K5 curriculum. She learned to read, add, subtract, cursive writing, ballet, tell time along with various other Christian aspects. As a former teacher in public school, I appreciate a smaller class size which allows the teacher to better identify my daughter's learning needs. Overall, NJCA is a small private school that is striving to do its best for the student body. If you are looking for a fancy state of the art private school then NJCA isn't for your child. If you're looking for small class sizes, teachers that care, ABEKA curriculum, Christian foundation, dance, music and an affordable private school then NJCA is right for you. My daughter loves it!

Posted June 4, 2009

My son went there for almost 2 yrs for his pre-school. Now we have taken him out. The Parent in Participation [PIP] program was nothing, but meeting with the school for fund raising activities . [ Forcing every parent to sell chocolates was not healthy, to say the least.] The school authorities were very unprofessional in their approach. We are very happy to be out of that place forever!!!

Posted March 18, 2009

I have withdrawn my child from the school. Nothing very great about it to rave about! Every private school lets their pre-school kids to perform on stage, nothing surprising about that. They have the ABEKA curriculum and for a pre-school it is sufficient. If the parent is looking out for quality science and math programs, go somewhere else, even if you have to pay more.

Posted September 19, 2008

I recommend this school to everyone. It's nice & tha faculty is always there to help.

Posted March 28, 2008

I have had much experience with NJCA. My two kids go their and before them all my nieces and nephews. Our family has had a wonderful experience and our children have always been ahead of the public school curriculum. Working in the public school system, I have seen the difference in public and private school education, and the difference is huge. It's well worth it to pay the extra money and have them in a private school. The school is small and like a family. The teachers are very involved with their students academic progress.

Posted February 6, 2008

NJCA promotes parental involvement? As a parent of two former students it took nine months to receive any information from the staff and teachers regarding our children's academic progress. Thankfully, even though having to 'catch up' with the other students and back into the pubic school system they have been able to make the honor roll and are where they need to be academically and socially even after falling behind.

Posted January 24, 2008

As a granparent I appreciate New Jerusalem Christian Academy for the excellent education that my grandchildren are receiving. The teachers really care for their students and they promote the parents' invlovement.

Posted December 28, 2007

This school is a great school! I taught there for a year, and it was an experience that I will never forget. It not only helped me become a better educator, but a better christian. I love everyone there, and miss them very much!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 25, 2007

Honestly, I cannot say I hold NJCA in a very high regard. The cirriculum is substandard and the staff is unprofessional to say the least. My utmost reccomendation is to look further if contemplating a private education for your child.

Posted September 18, 2006

Small Christian school, that teaches from the ABEKA curriculum. The school teaches Spanish, and over 85% of the students are native spanish speakers. Teachers keep you informed of students progress. School doesn't offer band, however has computer lab, spanish, library, and PE. I miss the sign lanquage classes. Tuition is reasonable, class size is small, safety is a priority, and the teachers are great. My son loves the food prepared in the cafeteria.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 24% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • FCCAP
Fax number
  • (813) 684-0051

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 1238