Seminole, FL
Students enrolled: 1,210

Posted March 28, 2012
I am going to this school next year, and the ratings are 50-50, to be honest. But, I do have something to say about all you ranters out there. Don't go complaining with all caps and exclamation marks and such on some over-protective parent website. I say that if you want change, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Seminole Middle School 1

Posted March 09, 2012
AFTER 2 YEARS AT SEMINOLE MIDDLE SCHOOL. I HAVE SEEN MORE PROBLEM SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET AND IGNORED BY 2 VICE PRINCIPALS AND THE PRINCIPAL HIMSELF. THE PARENTAL PORTAL IS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TAX PAYORS MONEY. AND TEACHERS WHO ARE SUPPOSE TO TEACH SPEND MORE TIME OUT OF CLASS THEN IN CLASS. AND SOME ARE OUT OF CLASS GOING TO COLLEGE TO GET HIGHER DEGREEES. INSTEAD OF BEING IN THE CLASS FOR WHICH THEY ARE BEING PAID. SO NOT ONLY DO WE PAY THEM BUT WE AS TAX PAYORS END UP PAYING FOR A SUBSTITUE WHEN THEY ARE NOT THERE. AND DOES THE PRINCIPAL OR THE SUPERINDENDENTOF SCHOOLS OR THE BOARD DO ANYTHING... NO. NO WONDER THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS IN SUCH BAD SHAPE. THEY CANT EVEN POLICE THEMSELVES.

Posted February 13, 2010
The school is not up to par. There is no discipline. The kids run rampant, and there is no respect for the teachers. I am ashamed to be associated with such a disfuntional school. I wish it was a fundamental school. We might have a chance at success.

Posted June 25, 2009
I'm going into my 2nd year of Seminole Middle (AKA 7th grade). Seminole Middle is a Great school.The teachers are great and very helpful...I've learned so much at Seminole Middle and can't wait to go back at the end of the Summer. :)

Posted December 01, 2008
My son attends this school and so far this is a wonderful school. The school is clean and teachers are extremley helpful with students to exceed success.

Posted October 19, 2008
the teachers are awesome and fun to work with

Posted February 27, 2008
There's been a night and day difference since the new principal arrived. The school is much more hospitable toward the families and kids that attend. Before there was a mix of wonderful and so-so teachers, but I must say the attitudes from the so-so group has improved immensely.

Posted February 19, 2008
O.K. The principle is great. He finnaly approved for 8th graders to listen to ipods. Let me just say listenin to my ipod helps me focus alot more in school, I do alot more work in a shorter time. Also Mrs. Linda Burdette is the best U.S history teacher. She is extremly nice and helps fight for students rights. I hope she will become Pinellas School superintendent..

Posted December 30, 2007
I attended this school for all three years, and it is the best middle school in Pinellas County. Programs you should enroll in: MEGSSS, IMAST and Gifted. The music programs are also excellent, if you're into that sort of thing. Poeple will tell you not to take MEGSSS and IMAST at the same time; ignore them. I took them both and suceeded pretty well.

Posted December 22, 2007
I am an 8th grader here. I enjoy it. The extra curricualr activities are wonderful! Heck! I'm even a captain of the colorguard. I love all of my teachers that I have now and that teachers that I have had. And for all of you who said that the safety is poor, please!! Its wonderful! The food is pretty good and its healthy. Most of the other students there are easy to get along with. The new Principal is wonderful. He is friendly and he gets to know each one of the students. The teachers have great attitudes and they understand us.

8701 131st Street, Seminole, FL  33776
Last modified Seminole Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top