No rating

Apple Tree Montessori School

Private | PK-8

Living in Southwest...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $305,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,680.

Posted March 30, 2009

My daughter attended Apple Tree from Pre-K through middle school. I found the teachers to be very knowledeable, kind and very attentative to each child and their education. Although my daughter has graduated and is now in High School, her basis for loving education was planted in Apple Tree.

Posted November 17, 2008

My son has been attending ATM since Pre-K and I am amazed at what he is doing in the first grade. It is a very well rounded and cultural education. He is basically at the same level as my niece who is in 3rd grade in New York State, mind you NY is number 6 of 50 states in terms of public education, so it is very good. Florida is number 39. My son is doing similar work in the 1st grade at ATM. Yes Ms. Levin has little to no personality at all, but who cares the rest of her staff does and they all do a great job! Ms. Levine sets the rules and everyone follows and the SAT results each year prove that her method, no matter how unfriendly, is interpreted and put to 'friendly' use by her teachers and staff. I am very grateful to ATM.

Posted October 16, 2008

My daughter has been going to ATM since she was 3 (Pre-K). She is now in the 3rd grade at ATM. We moved her to another montessori school in the area for 2nd grade, the school we moved her to was a total waste of time due to the fact that the teacher was not good at all and I felt that the principal had no idea how to develop good teachers or teaching methods. I must say that Apple Tree Montessori is a very good school. I am amazed at how much my daughter has progressed in Math and Science at this school. The teachers are very caring and communicate effectively with the parents. My daughter loves the school, the teachers and the principal.

Posted August 5, 2008

My Daughter has been going there since pre_k and it has been the best, she is very advanced compared with the kids that go to public school. I Know Miss Levyn is very simpatic, but she is nice.besides; it is a very peacefull and safety place.

Posted May 13, 2008

I love the school and the teachers are doing excellent job there. I have a good communication with them. My son is learning so much there. I'm so happy

Posted January 22, 2008

My child attended ATM from Pre-K to 8th grade. She took an entrance exam for 8th grade at Sagemont and had one of the highest scores ever for 8th grade. As a result she was offered a full scholarship for the remainder of the year and became eligible for the Best and Brightest Scholarship for 9th grade. ATM provided my child with a sound moral and educational foundation and helped open many doors. This school focuses on education and helps prepare children for the next level. This is the best thing I ever did for my child. The teachers are friendly and the Head Mistress is very respected by the student body. ATM provides a fun and nurturing learning environment while focusing on the individuals needs and providing a sound education. My child has left this school as a well rounded, autonomous, educated individual.

Posted July 24, 2007

It is all about money there and no concern for whether the student advances at his own pace. This school is a waste of money for gifted students. I was very disappointed in their Kindergarten and first grade teachers. This is day care not quality education.

Posted June 2, 2007

Overall quality is poor. School has had significant deterioration over the last two years primarily due to the principal's unwillingness to invest in the school combined with high teacher turnover ratio.

Posted March 15, 2007

I am very happy with the staff and quality of education at Apple Tree. My sons are doing well and I am very pleased.

Posted February 22, 2007

My granddaughter has been in the school since third grade. The education she has received at Apple Tree has been wonderful. Her teachers have been great. They are available for extra help when needed and, I think, go over and above with the children. The head mistress is not a PR person. However, she runs the school with an 'iron fist.' Her first priority is the education of the children and the test scores reflect that. If you want your children to be in school for the fun and games, and few repercussions for bad behavior, Apple Tree is not the school for you. If you want your children to get a great education and have fun learning, along with learning proper behavior and 'team work', Apple Tree is the school for you.

Posted February 21, 2007

My son began preK at 3.5 years old at ATM. I LOVE the teachers. The assistants were cycling though the first year, but that has not happened this school year (06-07). I was considering sending my son to public school for kindergarten, and did as much research as possible. In the end, I will be sending my son to Apple Tree. Also, my 2nd son will be starting preK there this Fall. If we're still here, my daughter will attend when she's old enough. Ms. Levine, the headmistress, has recieved lots of negative words here. I have never had a problem with here and she's always been willing to talk to me. I treat her with respect and it is returned.

Posted November 14, 2006

Everything about the school is money, money, money. They are always having frivilous drives and sales to get money for the teachers. The teachers don't communicate with the parents and the quality of them are declining.

Posted October 4, 2006

The academics are great, as are most of the teachers i have encountered. Both of my kids were reading at 3.5-4.0 Yoa. Last year my kindergartener was reading and doing math on a 2.5-3.0 Grade level. We are very happy with their education. One fall back is music & art. There are none during school time. This would benefit the kids tremendously as they would actually have fun at the school. Parents beware! This is not a feel good school, and I don't think it is a fun school. If that is what you are looking for, keep driving. It takes about a year or so to get over the atmosphere of the school, but once you do, you will really see and feel the results of your child's education.

Posted June 19, 2006

The Director is exceptionally difficult to communicate with, and the teacher quality has suffered.

Posted February 6, 2006

As for the lessons and education go the school has been great. Although in the last year or so there has been a decline. As far as the director goes she is unwilling to discuss any critical issues that a parent may have she is defensive and unwilling to listen consructively to parents legitimate concerns regarding their childs eduction.

Posted June 3, 2005

My daughter has been there for pre-K, she is will be starting Kindergarten there as well. I am very happy. It is an excellent school. My daughter is reading already. I think she will be able to read more complex words by the end of the year.

Posted January 31, 2005

My son has been there for five years, I am a believer in Montessori, and I think this school has a very good balance between Montessori and the traditional education.

Posted August 2, 2004

I have to agree with both reviews. My child was also able to read while in Pre-K. Her first teacher at the school, later promoted to K, was great. Caring and would alwatys keep me updated with my childs progress. The teacher that my child had the second year was not quite as good. Very critical and offered very little guidance. I do believe that the students are hand selected to guarantee easy learning and as little trouble for the teachers as possible. I have heard from other parents whose children were not accepted to the school because they were somewhat of a challange. I do believe that Maria Montessori created this method of teaching for those very students. As for the director is a piece of work. The school would have few students if children or parents had more dealings with her. I have mixed feelings!

Posted May 14, 2004

My children have been going to this school since they were in PK. My daughter learned how to read as soon as she turned 4. My son, who is now in Kindergarden, is doint 2nd grade math and reading. The accademics are excellent and the parent/teacher communication is wonderful!

Posted March 11, 2004

The head mistress at this school is extrememly overbearing and does not make parents feel welcome. I think they have good teachers and a dedicated staff but if a child does not fit in or has difficulty they will give up on them.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6301 Southwest 160th Avenue