Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Tyrone Middle School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 28, 2015
The teachers care about the students and work hard to improve their teaching. I feel like they have helped my children become better students and try to open doors that they normally would not have opened for them. Way to go Tyrone!

Tyrone Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2014
The school is making many improvements over the last three years. The school went from a F to a C in two years when other middle schools drop or stay the same. The modified dress code calms the campus and gets the focus back on academics. I heard the school district comes and looks at the teachers to make sure they are improving. Obviously it works!

Posted August 10, 2013
I wouldn't even give this principal a one star!! When you get your weekly announcements, she sounds so unprofessional. She can't get through one without falling over her words. When we did Pennies for Pasta, in her message she stated that we were over halfway to our goal. When is $700 over half of the $1700 goal as she stated on the recording? Pinellas County School Board did an injustice to this school when they promoted this woman to be the Head Principal!! Teachers are not helpful when teaching, the student is expected to teach himself in a lot of the classes. Do yourself a favor, bid for another school when you have the opportunity!!!

Posted May 22, 2013
i hate this school so much i dont learn a thing i hate hate hate hate this school so badly

Posted January 11, 2013
Tyrone Middle school is the worst experience I have ever had with my daughter's education. This school is poorly ran, the principal is unprofessional and is not in control of her faculty or her students. Their version of punishment includes yelling, cussing, and disrespect to the students, which shows lack of control. The teachers actually verbalize their hatred of the principal and administration to the students, which also shows lack of control. The administration dictate to the parents, not acknowledging complaints in a timely manner, and patronizing the parents once it is addressed. The new principal clearly showcases her lack of knowledge on a daily basis. If you are looking fot a school that fosters an environment of respect and inclusion, quality, and a wholesome atmosphere for your children to learn, DO NOT choose this school.

Tyrone Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2012
well, i go to Tyrone Middle school. I have to say its one of the worst things being in a place filled with kids, with disrespect and always wanting to fight. In the last couple of months there's been fights after fights, there's also been girls especially who start drama and cant focus there time on school. Im in the 7th grade and i ahve to say besides the school fight we have good teaches and people who understand and want to help us!

Tyrone Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2011
Forget everything said down there, that was the past. From reading these reviews it seams all classes seem to fail the families. Well I just started sixth grade today and it's normal, nothing outrageous happened, no fights, not really anything it was a regular day. They're getting better, at least they repainted walls, and friendly teachers, officers, and the principal, help us. Everyone got by, some accidentally missed classes but it's not a bad school. I'm not saying it's the best school, but it's okay, there are less fights, and everyone gets along. Oh and the lunches? There exactly like elementary school lunches, it's n rotten, it's healthy, and at least we can hold it down, but the food is not terrible

Tyrone Middle School 2

Posted June 16, 2011
I went to this school for my 6th and 7th year.Some staff are actually pretty nice and do what they're supposed to do.Some teachers say they wish us students would jump in front of cars.This school isn't one of my top choices... Ive survived 2 years of it.I get straight A's and since 6th grade,the school has been improving on rewards and i guess, yeah SOME DISCIPLINE. LUNCH IS DISGUSTING! I don't get any kinds of drinks like milk or juice because they're always spoiled! so then I have to use a dollar a day on purchasing a drink or ill bring one from home. Ive made a couple of friends. most people at this school are "Posers" in my opinion. they're so many cliques and which, I think are they main point of where students become posers. They just want to fit in. take it from someone, who came to the school all quiet and soft, but my 7th grade year was pressuring because I started to hang out with less people and I was in a clique. I wanted to fit in. But I became smarter in the person I am today by learning from my mistakes. I only have 3 close friends. but I'm going to meadowlawn for my 8th grade year because I'm moving. like i said Tyrone isn't in my top choice but its not the worst

Posted September 02, 2010
I am a 12 year old male who went to this school last year and last year only i would never recommend this school because of the teachers who do not educate or treat the kids as they should. Another reason i would not recommend this school is because it is rundown and mistreated by most of the students.

Posted May 29, 2009
Unfortunately this school needs a lot of help. I am not looking forward to sending two more children through this school. Magnet program would be a better choice for you!!

Tyrone Middle School
6421 22nd Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified Tyrone Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyrone Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top