2,051 students|Leon

Bad
Good

I graduated from Leon and received an appointment to West Point. Leon does a great job preparing its students to succeed beyond high school.

I graduated from Leon High School with a scholarship to a prestigious Chicago-land university. After orientation week I was certain I was the most ill-prepared student at my college. I walked shoulder to shoulder with the children of America's, Europe's and Asia's elite. I called my mother weekly crying on the telephone, "I will never graduate from Northwestern. I was not prepared for a university of this calibre, much less one that operates under the quarter system at a break-neck pace. Mom, this school is not for the faint of heart." I did graduate and as I surveyed the wreckage of those who had to drop-out, or transfer to another university; students with great minds, access and priveledge, I realized that it was the foundation that Leon High School built that not only prepared me for success, but also a lifetime of appreciation for the classical education I recieved at Leon High School. Leon is an incredible school with a rich history and traditions that link all lions from the days of the 'Academies' to the present.

Leon High school Is a great school, my daughter enjoy attending this school, her school sprite has improve greatly

Like everything else...Leon USED to be great when Rocky was the principal. Most of the teachers are great. I've only had a concerns with a few teachers. The administration leaves much to be desired, especially since Rocky left. It seem as if the new administration is "of the elite, for the elite". The principal is unresponsive to parent input. So, as long as you are good with "my way or the highway" and "we know what's best for your child", you will be satisfied with your interaction with school administration. The principal sends his kids to private school, so what does that tell you?

I have a son going to the 11 th grade now and he is 15 years old. We are from the Netherlands and we send our son to this school and we are very pleased, all the teachers are great and the pricipals are Super great! Ou son is happy in this school and as a parent for me and my husband this is a happy feeling.

I attended Leon High for my Freshaman Year of High school , its a Very , Very excellent school . Only thing i didnt like was the Attendance Policy .

Although I take full responsibility for my bad decisions in skipping classes my senior year of high school, I think Leon and the administration should be held accountable as well. I was 17 years old, a minor, and my dad was never called regarding my absences. I got my act together and was in school without misses any classes for a month before I was called down to the office and informed that they withdrew me a month prior and that I would not be graduating. I had made up all of the work I had missed and was passing all of my classes and feel strongly that I should have been able to walk. I ended up walking with the class after mine and found out that a cheerleader was able to graduate although she missed more days than I did. This is typical of public schools, however. I am now a mother of a 4 year old daughter and will do my best to keep her in a private school.

This is an amazing school. A principle who never lets his students down, and a faculty who cares about their students.

I graduated from Leon High a few years ago & we had more commended students, semi-finalists, & finalists in the National Merit competition than all the other public & private schools in Tallahassee put together. We had more finalists than all of the schools put together. Anyone that complains about the quality of preparation LHS gives to move forward with higher education has not spent enough time paying attention, studying, and attending classes. Thanks to my overall education at LHS, I scored an 800 on the math PSAT and a 740 (my fault) on the language portion. I had quite a few friends that did as well or better. LHS helped me to become a well-rounded student & I learned to love Shakespeare & other classical literature. Music & all the arts were also encouraged. I will soon be receiving a PhD from a very selective college. Thank you Leon High!

I have attended Leon for four years, and I must say, I would be sad to go to any other high school. Leon is a great place to get an education, get involved in the community and learn about yourself. The extracurriculars are terrific, and the faculty is great. Our school really is one of the best around.

Last modified Leon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.