Springwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2013
I believe this school has potential and needs the help of not only the staff but parents as well. I feel that there are some wondeful and experienced teachers at this school. I also have never had a problem with office staff and they strike me as very down to earth and knowledgeable and concerned. I do feel that with the new leadership of Dr. Smalls and the new attitude and excitement they have adopted that this school has and will continue to prosper with the help of us all.

Springwood Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
I have two children at Springwood ES and this is the worst school they have ever attended! I am trying very hard to rezone them to get them out of this school. 1 out of 5 teachers has responded to my questions and concerns without me having to copy the principal to get a response. The general attitude and teacher to parent coomunication is horrible!! This school needs a thorough evaluation.

Springwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
My daughter has been a student as Springwood since kindergarden and she is now in the 5th grade. Over the years the school has gone downhill I am sad to say. I have found when I voice concerns about teachers I am met with excuses instead of ways we can make things better. There are some awesome teachers that really care about their students. Unfortunately, the teachers that don't seem to care out number the ones that are really trying to make a difference. The office staff is awefull too. One of the ladies that works in the front office actually has a teenage grandaughter that stays with her in the office all day. I think that is just crazy. Fortunately this is my daughter's last year at this school. I already moved her younger sister to a different school because it has gotten so bad there.

Springwood Elementary School 3

Posted June 28, 2012
The school needs to improve the teachers one on one interactions with the students, seems as though the interns spend more time teaching than the teachers. Front office staff could use some training on parent and student do's and don'ts, What happened to teachers that greet students with a smile and encouragement at the beginning of the day! Teachers who truly care about the students and have experience in educating as well as teaching are needed at Springwood. Hopefully a change will come soon!

Posted May 30, 2012
Less than impressed with this school. My childs best interest was not put first. This school could use a better principal and teachers. needless to say my child no longer goes here

Posted January 16, 2011
Less than impressed with leadership! Securing the students is last on the never ending list of improvements needed. Needless to say....I moved my child!! (Which was sad because we loved our teacher but had nothing but concerns with upper leadership)

Springwood Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2009
I really enjoy interacting with the school teachers and principal. The scholl is an excellent learning facility. I especially enjoy the time and caring that the two afterschool instructors display with the children. Chris and Matt are doing a great job.

Springwood Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2009
Springwood is doing a Great Work in the lives of our children! Lines of communication are wide open. I can see new hope and inspirationunder the guidance of our new leadership!

Posted April 13, 2009

Springwood Elementary School 5

Posted January 20, 2009
I think it could still improve a great deal, starting with getting rid of the assistant principal there, but overall it's a great school. The teachers have all been A+ so far, and Principal Burgess is wonderful and always a delight. The school could get better, but is on its way to greatness!

Springwood Elementary School
3801 Fred George Road, Tallahassee, FL  32303
Last modified Springwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.