K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (2 responses)

Christ Classical Academy 1

Posted March 08, 2016
At first, I was excited about this school for my child and after what I've experienced, I would not recommend this school to a friend or a family member. I am glad I took out my child. Not every experience is the same so think really hard before choosing this school and make sure you pay close attention to your child on a daily basis. Thank you and this is a very honest review.

Christ Classical Academy 5

Posted January 29, 2016
My son is an entering kindergartner at Christ Classical Academy. He never went to preschool and I assumed that he may be a little behind for the first few months of school as a result. This has not been the case! After just 4 weeks of school he is already academically surpassing his peers in other schools who had attended preschool. I am so blown away by his progress and his excitement for learning. Not only is he excelling in academics, he is also growing leaps and bounds spiritually and displaying new Christ-like character traits to those around him. I cannot express my gratitude enough to the tremendous teachers, staff and parents that give so much of themselves investing in our precious kids. Thank you Christ Classical Academy!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 29, 2016
Every teacher my child has had has exceeded my expectations. They love the students so much and do whatever they can to make sure they feel valued and cared for.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 29, 2016
It's well suited for where my kids are at in their education. I could do without homework in Kindergarten, but it's still a reasonable amount

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 29, 2016
There is no school in this city that comes close to challenging students like CCA. It is incredible to see how much the children can learn when the bar is set high. The learning is reinforced in everything that they do, so it's not a rigid environment. The kids still have lots of fun, but all the fun activities reinforce what they are learning.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 29, 2016
Yes, my children are learning how to respect adults and other students and this has translated into how they behave at home. In fact, we use similar behavior reward charts at home as they have in school to reinforce that we should always do our best no matter where we are.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 29, 2016
My children have learned more about how to care for other people through their interactions with kids at school than in any other arena.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 29, 2016
Since Christian values are woven through every single aspect of the child's learning honesty, integrity and fairness are all demonstrated and reinforced through every day learning

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 19, 2016
The level of homework given at CCA is appropriate for the grade level and maturity of its students and rigor of the curriculum. Even in Kindergarten, kids are given homework to supplement classroom instruction - and form a basis of expectation for future years. The homework assignments are also helpful in informing parents about the material being taught to our children.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 19, 2016
One of the primary reasons we chose CCA for our daughter was the school’s ability to develop the persistence, grit and determination of its students. The rigor of the classical curriculum initially drew us to CCA. As educators, we see the profound difference in aptitude, skills and abilities among CCA students when compared to children in others schools locally. In addition to the rigorous curriculum, we’ve been impressed with the quality of teaching and support provided by staff. Extra curricular activities like the school-wide spelling bee and Gladiator Challenge further develop grit and determination among CCA students.

1983 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL  32308
Last modified Christ Classical Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12