949 students|Broward

Bad
Good

My son has been going there since 1st grade. We moved from out of state 5 weeks before the end of school. My one problem was that I requested that he not have to take the year end testing as he was not taught the information as it was there and requested an observational assessment. They do not seem to know what to do to address any situation outside of the norm and make educated judgements. Instead they wanted to argue with me and bully me into just giving up. I keep him out of school until they tested him orally and separately. The good news is that 2nd grade was much better and third grade has been great. I guess they were not used to parents that advocate on behalf of their child. I will say that this year there is a new principal that seems to be a great improvement over the one the last two years who would not even return my calls to her. I am satisfied with Challenger and expect to see it grow even better under the new leadership.

Mrs. Doolittle is an amazing kindergarten teacher. She is well educated, loves her job and always communicates with her students and their parents. On the other hand, the after school program needs improvements. The program needs additional activities which will help keep the students interested and busy throughout the afternoon. As any public school, some of the students need more discipline than others, but other than that I will recommend the school.

Best school ever, great staff. My son really love this school and so do i.

I used to go to this school last year and it was amazing! This school is great for your kids!

I have a son that just started 4th grade and a daughter that just started 1st grade. They both love the school as do I. Their speech program is amazing. All the teachers are awesome. This is one if the best schools around.

im now in 7th but while a child i went to this school, im serious when i say this school is amazing. The principle does not put up with no drama, and bullying is unexcitble, if it does take place they will take care off it. They have an aftercare for all the parents that work the later days and it is fun for the children. There are games and very intresting, amusing activites instored for them. They keep cops on duty all day, and have very safe system. There restrooms and catfrics are very clean. Everyday the principle greets you wormly and tells you to have a great day. The parents can get very involved by th PTA and the activies as staff. Its a very happy and joyful school, and is also an "A" school! They treat the kids to huge field trips and they ebjoy them. Though when it is time to work, it is time to work! They prepar you for thr FCAT and work you hard! Giving you homework nonstop, but you know what it pays off. Cause that is why it is an "A" school. At a time when i waz in 4th grade there, there where so many students, over 400, and if i could remember some of them has to leave because there where to many. Trust me you will enjoy this school. I recomend it to the highest

I had my daughter reassigned to this school last year and we are extremely pleased. Principal Maria Bach is "Hands on" and greets all students at the front door warmly. This school is bright, clean, happy and unlike many other Broward schools.....they still have music and art! They also have math night, halloween night and so many other parties that gets the parents involved....and this school has involved parents which sometimes is hard to find. There is very little turnover with teachers there so that tells you that they are happy working there. Many if not most have been there since the school opened. I recommend this school very highly.

I'm a 5th grader at Challenger Elementary! I'v been going there since kindergarten. I have always LOVED the school! They have great cafeteria food and sanitary restrooms avaliable as needed! Most of the teachers are VERY SUPPORTIVE! They help improve skills so you pass to the next grade! Bullying is unacceptable there and if there is bullying happening to you or someone else, you can talk the school officer on or the principal and the vice principal, or even responsiable adult! The officers ,teachers, and the principals want you to reach our goasl! They also treat you with respect and kindness! They also encourage you to read more! They also have after school tutoring to improve your skills! They have specials and clubs such as math club, cheerleding, student government, singing stars, recorder club and more! I recommend this school to those ready for great supportive teachers & staff, lots of kindness, respect and a lot more!

My son received an excellent education there.

Try Malachy in Tamarac. We moved our child there and he excelled tremendously. No FCATs! They have so much more time with each child and every class is very small. Lots more benefits at this school!

Last modified Challenger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.