Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Like any school, they have some really great teachers and other teachers who would rather let the kids fend for themselves even if that means little to no academic success. They call it "being independent." They also tend to be very exclusive and seem to favor the gifted population, allowing them to fill the majority of the slots in their extra curricular programs, such as their grade level music clubs. In the past I was more than satisfied with the school, but they aren't concerned with every student having a love for learning and that has been highly problematic for both my child and I. We will be switching schools next year.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Only the gifted students are consistently praised, rewarded and given many opportunities.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's not checked for correctness which could create bad habits

Friendly, safe community that has a wonderful PTA. There are so many family events throughout the school year that make the school culture so great. My son has had incredible teachers that have gone above and beyond to help my child succeed.

Wonderful staff, caring and dedicated teachers, extremely engaged principal (ms.Davenport) who goes above and beyond expectations whenever I have any type of concern.

My sons kindergarten teacher not only recognized how far advanced my son was, but she also took steps to ensure he was being challenged instead of just making him do things he was "bored" of doing! This includes bringing in a 2nd grade teacher to work on math and reading with him (he is way above level in every subject). I love it!

We were lucky enough to be zoned for Lake Mag Elem. I hear parents are beating down the door to get their children in here! Both my children have attended Lake Mag since kindergarten. As an involved parent in the classroom and around school, I can tell you the staff here really care about the students' emotional and academic health. The principal remembers children by name and makes herself available and very visible. Issues are delt with swiftly. The PTA and the Dad's Club are strong and very involved. There are multiple interesting and fun clubs for the children to attend, and many different family fun night fundraisers that the whole Lake Mag school can attend throughout the year; Family Skate Night, Chuck E Cheese, etc. Also, during march, there is a school wide festival called Manafest where lots of fun and games are to be had. In short, the parents are very involved here, teachers are great, and the general vibe of the school tends to be one of perseverance, excelling, and having fun while you do it. I cant say enough about Lake Mag. My only regret, is that one day, we will leave after my kids graduate :(.

We are new at this school, but have been extremely impressed so far. There are many opportunities for my children to advance here because of the great teachers, great curriculum with add-ons, great reading program, and specials. The teachers truly care about the children and they want to help them excel. The kids are excited about the extras offered at the school such as Music, Recess, Chimes, Art, and the clubs such as the Lego Club, etc... This makes it easier to get them to school. They love it! As a parent, I am impressed with the great teachers, and with the education they are receiving. They have a knowledgeable, caring, and friendly staff. A+++ Lake Magdalene! Great Job!

This is my son's 2nd year at Lake Magdalene and we really like it. I must say the new principal at Lake Magdalene is making lots of fantastic changes and the school is getting better as the year goes on. I look forward to my other children attending Lake Magdalene as well. The teachers have been wonderful and really look at the individuality in each child.

My son is in Pre-K 3 at Lake Magdelene and we LOVE it!! His teacher is great she really gives each child personal attention. This is my son's first experience in school and he loves it, he wants to go everyday! Love this school and the staff!

Last modified Lake Magdalene Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.