Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
Yes we are very proud of how our son presents himself. He knows how to present himself and have conversations with adults.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
My son has spent all his summers doing for others and helping the community and he actually enjoys it!

Posted August 19, 2015
This is my son's Senior year and we asked him how does he feel about leaving he said." I will miss this place. It truly is a special place." They come in as boys and strangers they leave as men and brothers. we feel we have been blessed to be part of this family!

Posted March 29, 2014
This "parent" right below me is completely wrong. First of all, I wouldn't tab schools like FSU and USF as top schools, even though I am attending USF at the moment. And the fact that they suspended nine of their top baseball players for an infraction that they would have suspended non athletes for, kind of shoots down your argument that they treat athletes better. Jesuit truly is a great school that holds their students (both athletes and non-athletes alike) to a high standard with regards to grades and behavior.

Jesuit High School 2

Posted March 26, 2014
The school, students and some parents hold the school in such high regard that it is unrealistic. The school is not the all- it -be shinning star and in fact has a few scuffs (ie 9 baseball players being suspended see Tampa Tribune) where "moral character" is involved. In addition students are not getting in the colleges of (first) choice. If you play a sport you should be fine but on merits of GPA watch out! Top schools (FSU, USF, UF, etc) are not so inviting to students.

Jesuit High School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
Jesuit is a great school with a challenging curriculum. The problem is they do not "pad" the grades like the public schools do. Therefore, when it is time to apply for college your GPA is not as high as the public school students. The public universities in Fl do not take into consideration that Jesuit is significantly more difficult. Many Jesuit students are having trouble getting into public Univ. because of this. All that matters is the GPA, even if you ace the SAT and ACT. Just be aware, I wish I had been.

Posted June 07, 2013
Amazing school! Not only does it offer top academics, but also a strong moral expectation and brotherhood amongst the students.

Posted April 28, 2013
We have been very pleased with the education that our son has received at Jesuit HS. We were concerned that, because we aren't Catholic, he would be at a disadvantage. We had nothing to worry about! Yes, this is a Catholic environment, but it does not completely "define" its students. The education is 2nd to none. Sports are important, but so are ALL of the extra curricular offerings. Community service is an extremely important component to JHS. Giving back to the community and becoming a "man for others" is the backbone of the Jesuit education. I agree that there are some teachers who are not of the caliber expected at JHS and I feel the guidance department needs an overhaul, but you will find this necessary in any school -public or private. This is my only complaint. These young men are held to a higher expectation than may be found at other schools. Those who do not follow the rules are dealt with by the administration, unlike public schools that tend to "look the other way". It is a competitive process to get in to JHS, and it is not for everyone, but those boys who manage to get the opportunity and embrace it, emerge as leaders of the Tampa community.

Posted April 04, 2013
Jesuit is hard, it is rewarding, and it has been life changing for my son. I have seen him grow in his Freshman year to new levels in both learning and morality. Do not listen to the reviews that say this is not a Catholic institution, it is. Aside from his English teacher, all of the teachers are fair and caring. Sports are important, BUT so are ALL of the extra activities. Their debate club is second to none, their environmental club is fantastic, and they give all the boys an opportunity to shine. It is cool to be a jock or a nerd here, basically it is cool to be yourself.

Jesuit High School 3

Posted October 10, 2012
The education is good, however, discipline is not equal (depending on who you are) and many things are overlook/exceptions made for certain people. This doesn't teach good lessons! Football coach is rude, has a trash mouth, and extremely partial.

4701 North Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL  33614