Posted September 30, 2011
Great facilities, strong academics and my kids love it! After touring several private schools we decided on Holy Names, even though we are not Catholic and we couldn't be more pleased with how happy and challenged my kids are. My only complaint is that it does not have an open door policy for parents, we are kept a bit on the outside, though there are several activities throughout the year that give us some access, but I do wish there was more. All in all, this is great school!

Posted January 26, 2011
The facilities are top-notch. The environment is safe and nuturing, with teachers that truly care about each individual student. The academics are appropriately challenging. The athletic department is amazing, with a swimming pool, tennis courts, track, indoor basketball/volleyball courts, and weight training facility. There are numerous extra-curricular activities. Communication with teachers and administration has been excellent for the four years I have had my 2 children at Academy of the Holy Names. 30% of the students are non-Catholic, acceptance is based on academic testing. AHN provides a first-class education.

Posted October 18, 2010
I previously wrote a review of AHN that was critical of the Administration. After looking at other options we decided to give the school one more year to change our minds. We are so glad we did! It is now 2 years since I wrote the review and the elementary school has completely turned around under the leadership of the current principle. We have 3 kids at AHN and HIGHLY recommend the scchool.

Academy Of The Holy Names 0

Posted February 07, 2009
The academy of the holy names is a great environment for learning. the teachers are nice, and the kids there are great i have only gone there for a year and a half but the academy really is a great place to learn. also if you are worried about the highschool portion of the school being all girls its not that bad Jesuit,an all boys school, and the academy have many activities together. although the tuition is pretty expensive it is worth it. a kid graduating for the academy has more of a chance of getting in to a better college. also 100% of girls that graduate senior year all go to extremly good colleges.

Posted February 01, 2009

Posted April 18, 2008
All and all this is a good schoo. This school needs to find a steady elementary school principal. The continuous change is not good for the student body and the school itself. This school is above average in almost everything. The need for standards academically and behaviorally need to be raised maintained.

Posted March 04, 2008
AHN is an excellent place for a child to learn. My children have thrived here. I'm not sure in strict a 'cost versus returns' analysis that the high tuition is really is worth it, but if that is not a concern, it is an excellent school.

Academy Of The Holy Names 0

Posted January 23, 2008
Academy of the Holy names is a great place to learn. The children are respectful for the most part. The academics being taught are somewhat challenging. Some of the more gifted children could benefit with a greater challenge. All and all this is a great place to learn.

Academy Of The Holy Names 1

Posted November 30, 2007
This school is all about the money. The teaching is horrible. The kids are spoiled and bratty. I would never go back there. It is the worst school I have ever attended. The public schools in Tampa are much better.

Posted March 20, 2006
The quality of the program is good.The environment is extremely nurturing and supportive.

Academy Of The Holy Names
3319 Bayshore Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Academy Of The Holy Names is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Academy Of The Holy Names Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top