Posted April 21, 2015
Great marketing department, 3 glowing reviews posted on the same day!! What a coincidence. This used to be a great school. New headmaster has brought problems with him. They lost 80% of their high and middle school teachers last year. He has added family members to the payroll to compensate. They have 10 teacher jobs posted on the website for this year, so I guess more are leaving. To make up for the people leaving, they are importing students from Asia. They did recruit a great basketball team however.

Posted April 09, 2015
if you want your child to learn everything about the lord and the bible than this is the school for them. if you want your child to learn anything else than I would find another school. The curriculum in this school is Awful. Children in this school lack technology/computers and we live in 2015. Most children in this school aren't reading until 2nd grade. This school is SO FAR behind academically. It was beautiful seeing the lord touch my childrens heart on a daily basis but we can do that at home and with our church. I really need my children to learn what they are suppose to be learning in school. -lower school parent
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2015
As a current Cambridge Christian parent, it is hard to believe that the prior reviewer is at the same school. The biggest challenge the school currently faces is where to put everybody due to the addition of new programs and growth in enrollment. We increased by 50 students in the high school this year, only 15 of which were international students, which have added greatly to our culture. Our teachers (overall) are younger than a year ago, which has been a welcome change! Cambridge is not an IB school, so I certainly hope we aren't preparing our students for IB exams! The WiFi challenges that existed at the beginning of the year have been completely resolved. The staff at this school loves my children and disciplines them (and others) when appropriate. More importantly, they disciple my kids, for which I am eternally grateful! If you are looking for a perfect school, Cambridge is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for excellence, come on! We are thrilled to be here.
8 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2015
I have been a parent at Cambridge Christian School for 15 years! I can honestly say that Cambridge has joined with me in my efforts to grow my son into the wonderful young man he is today. This school is truly an extension of my family. In fact, I've been thinking about how my life as a parent will be impacted now that my son is graduating and I won't be a daily part of life here. I am going to miss this community intensely. My son has been offered scholarships due to his academic achievements and will be attending an honors program at his college of choice. The AP courses and the spiritual integrity of the teachers here have paved the way for his future success. Any parent would be blessed to have the experience that our family has had here.

Posted February 19, 2015
This is our 16th year here. A few years ago, we recommended Cambridge Christian School to a friend whose daughter came from a "gifted" program in public school. They were even considering moving her up a grade there. She ended up coming to CCS and was very surprised to see what was being taught as part of the every day curriculum. She felt it was equivalent to what was "gifted" in her previous school. Students learn at various levels but the proof is in seeing the finished product and how prepared for college students are when they graduate. My son graduated this past year and he felt very prepared for the rigors of college life. We hear this from many of our graduates. Most importantly, they speak about life preparedness. A strong, spiritual foundation has only proved to help young adults in college and beyond and this is the cornerstone of life at CCS. I highly recommend taking a tour!
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
When the new Head of School arrived here 2 years ago things began to decline greatly!!! The amount of teachers that voluntarily left at the end of May 2014 was probably 80% of the Upper School had to be rehired. Enrollment is declining so in order to make up for the tuition loss we are soliciting students from China and Korea who are more than happy to pay 4x the tuition we do. These students do not speak English, make their own rules, and a few already have been expelled! High School students are set up for failure since they are being taught by young inexperienced teachers who do not know how to prepare them for the IB exams. While administration brags that teachers have advanced degrees, they have no teaching experience and can't teach. The school brags about technology and such, but the WiFi reception is horrible, so the use of tablets for textbooks is impossible. Cell phones are a huge distraction and should be left in lockers but they are not required to. There is no discipline at all at this school, the kids have no respect for authority. Stay away!!!Close Quote
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 13, 2014
Our three sons have been students at Cambridge Christian School for the past 3 years. This school has been a huge blessing to our family for many reasons. The teachers, staff and administration at Cambridge are God honoring, loving, speak biblical truths over our children, and they strive to establish partnering relationships with each family. From an academic perspective our children are challenged with high level teaching and curriculum which in turn is creating life long sufficient learners. There is something for everyone at Cambridge and my boys have loved having the opportunity to try a variety of different sports and clubs as they have matured through the grades. If you are looking for a school where Jesus is at the foundation of what it builds its mission in, Cambridge Christian School is just the place. We look forward to what is to come as our boys enter the middle and high school at Cambridge.

Posted October 10, 2014
Our kids have attended Cambridge for 6 years. I was surprised to see a few negative comments regarding the academics being "behind" public school standards. As a former public school teacher, we chose Cambridge for our kids. We have been satisfied, and where improvement is needed, it is addressed and corrected. Staff and programs are reviewed and changes are made as necessary. They are always aiming to improve. The sports and fine arts programs are another reason we love CCS. Our kids have experienced many activities at young ages and that is not always possible in public school. Our kids receive a Biblical education, excellent preparation for the job market, and practice for real world experiences. They have opportunities to interact outside of school on class and mission trips and band and choir performances, to name a few. There seems to be something for everyone. The college acceptance list is published and it's impressive. I know many families whose kids have graduated from Cambridge and I have seen those kids be accepted to top colleges and universities, most of them on scholarships. That fact is proof in the pudding for us! And the school spirit is off the charts!

Posted August 31, 2014
If you put your kids in Cambridge, make sure you plan on keeping them there until graduation. If at any point you try to switch them to public school, they will be very far behind and will have courses to make up. Be aware that the end of course exams taken at Cambridge do not count in the real world and they will have to take the real exams in public school.

Cambridge Christian School 2

Posted May 18, 2014
This school was a grade level behind our old school. It was not challenging at all. The 4th graders did book reports each month and my daughter would write 3 paragraphs consisting of 3 sentences per paragraph and always get an A. Grammar was not really taught at all. It is supposed to be the best Christian school in Tampa but it is lacking in many areas academically. 6th grade math was a joke 2 yrs ago. The books 6th grade read we're not on a high level. My children had read them a few years before. Definitely not worth the cost of tuition. After one year we pulled them and not once did Cambridge ask us why we were pulling them and not re-enrolling. Apparently they don't care to ask the hard questions of what could we improve upon.

Cambridge Christian School
6101 North Habana Avenue, Tampa, FL  33614
Last modified Cambridge Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cambridge Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top