PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I'm not sure my child has never been affected by bullying

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Whether you're behind or ahead they believe everyone should do the same work so no one feels different. I do not find that to be the right approach

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is absolutely no leadership. I don't think anyone knows what's going on there

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My kids traced letters all the way up to pre-k. After that they had random homework. They were never challenged

I had to take may children out of this school because the academics were awful. I love how they got the regions aspect and found a love for the lord but that's all they teach in lower school. At the end of three day I'm sorry but I want my kids to be able to read. I know 6 other families who took their kids out the same year because the academics are so poor. All they care about it getting their money. They made so many promises over and over to me and never came through on any of them. Please if you want your child to get a good education with a religious background please look elsewhere. after 4 years I finally threw I. The towel and moved on to another school. Also, there is always some type of gossip or scandal going on there. It's like one big soap Opera!!

This is our 18th year here. A few years ago, we recommended Cambridge Christian School to a friend whose daughter came from a "gifted" program in public school. They were even considering moving her up a grade there. She ended up coming to CCS and was very surprised to see what was being taught as part of the every day curriculum. She felt it was equivalent to what was "gifted" in her previous school. CCS has robotics, pre-engineering and math clubs, as well as a robust academic curriculum. My son felt college was actually easier than high school and scored 5's on three of his AP exams, which allowed him to be exempt from many of his freshman classes in college. Students learn at various levels but the proof is in seeing the finished product and how prepared for college students are when they graduate. My son graduated three years ago and he felt very prepared for the rigors of college life. We hear this from many of our graduates. Most importantly, they speak about life preparedness. A strong, spiritual foundation has only proved to help young adults in college and beyond and this is the cornerstone of life at CCS. I highly recommend taking a tour!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Reading blogs and comments at other schools it seems this can be a term that is misused at times. To be clear, bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. There is zero tolerance for bullying at CCS. I have not heard of bullying at this school. Can people at a Christian school be unkind at times? Yes. But unchecked intimidation? No. Most times, when a student acts aggressively, students are the first to go to a teacher or administrator about it. It is nipped in the bud very quickly and I have found that students don't tolerate it either. We had one boy in 6th grade who was saying things to another student teasing him and even though the student laughed it off, his friends told the coach and their teachers about it. It was addressed and the student stopped.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Currently, CCS has 2 NILD teachers to handle students with processing or learning difficulties, with more to be hired this summer. They do a great job assisting students with these needs.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There were some that complained about the previous Head of School. There were things I liked about him and things I didn't. I can tell you that the school is bigger than one person. The people of this ministry work for a higher calling and will continue to do so, regardless of who is in charge. The new Head of School has the faith of our families and staff. He has always been a leader and I believe things happen for a reason. We couldn't be happier about his new role.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is no other place I would ever have my kids. The Christians here walk the walk. It's not about memorizing verses or knowing about God. It's about developing your own spiritual foundation and maturity. The mentors here are loving and firm and there are so many leadership and serving opportunities. I have seen in my own son and his friends, a maturity, a knowledge and a reliance on their spiritual foundation that you just don't see very often. Are all the kids perfect? No. But the environment encourages Christ-like behavior.

Last modified Cambridge Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12