594 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 29, 2016
Caring respectful environment. Teachers are incredibly helpful and giving of their time. Very positive feel on this campus.

Pepin Academy Of Tampa 2

Posted January 08, 2016
I have attended the Pepin Academies of Tampa for approximately four years. The teachers and instructors are typically very spontaneous and appear to enjoy their occupation. They are also very encouraging and do expect the best out of each and every one of their pupils. One the other hand, my one and only complaint against them is how they keep the room temperature. I have a condition which prompts me to break out in hives in cold air or water. Almost all of the classrooms I walk into makes me feel as if I were walking into a Costco freezer. I feel that 68 degrees is an inappropriate temperature for me to stay in for nearly an hour: even with a jacket or long pants on. Unless it would be dreadfully hot and humid outside, temperatures in the cubicles should not be below 80 degrees. In addition, the apparent reason as to why I've given this institution a low rating is because of the conduct of the fellow students. I understand that everybody in this place has some sort of issue or disability of their own, but they act as if they have senses of entitlement because of it. They act as if they can have higher authority than the adults. Occasionally (but not always), I will hear of individuals engaging in fights with the instructors and will storm out of the classroom in a rage, throw things, or even shout and talk back. The same goes with other kids: a child with anger management problems could tell another child to 'shut up' and if told to do the same, they could get physically and verbally violent. I feel as if Florida may as well legalize corporal punishment in all schools again in order to keep the people in line. It's gotten so uncomfortable that I don't even want to be around my peers or even be friends with them at all. This is my last year in high school and I have four more months until I graduate, but I don't know how much longer I can take it being around people who are 19 or so but act like 10 year olds. I really look up to the administration and the staff of this school, but something has to be done about the behaviors and attitudes about the students.

Pepin Academy Of Tampa 4

Posted September 18, 2015
This review is for Riverview campus. In house therapies are such a blessing. Easy access to teachers and admin because the school is so small. Warm and caring front office. Every student is welcome in extracurriculars, PE, art, music, etc.... PTSA is amazing and super involved in the school. We choose to go to Pepin. The rating from this website is based on academic test scores, which does not consider the overall value of a school like Pepin. The students follow district curriculum and testing requirements, but many other benefits are not included the great school data.

Pepin Academy Of Tampa 4

Posted November 03, 2013
My son was accepted for Pepin this year for sixth grade. He is finally happy to go to school and tells me every day how well he thinks he "just fits" there. Everyone on campus seems to have the singular vision of seeing the children there succeed. Like another reviewer said, our acceptance has been a dream come true. My son has some friends now - and his self-esteem is rising daily. Excellent environment for any child who doesn't really "fit" in the regular school environment.

Posted May 20, 2013
I love the Pepin Academy School ,because they have the most wonderful teaches that would take the time out that the student needs for help. And the classes are alot smaller, so that the student can get one on one time.

Posted May 05, 2013
My Daughter has attended Pepin for 3 years and our acceptenance was a dream come true. My DD has Asbergers and ADHD and she has done so well at this school. And they do so much for their students. My daughters says she is finally at a school that understands her. Thank You Pepin for all you do for the kids.

Posted January 21, 2013
My son has high functioning autism and he has been a Pepin since the sixth grade. This school is an absolute God send! The teachers and administrators truly care for all of the students and they go the extra ten miles. If your child has a learning disability it does not get better than Pepin Academy!

Posted January 29, 2012
We changed my daughter to this school because she was always in fear of fights and bullying. This schoool has none of that. My child is happy to go to school and hates to stay home even when she is ill. The teachers are very involved. You can not pick up your childs report card without talking to the teachers every grading period. Love this school.

Posted October 12, 2010
My child is no longer "invisible". This is my child's first year at Pepin. As a parent I was fearful and apprehensive about a school that taught only learning disabled children. But it is because of this very reason that gives Pepin excels. They understand learning differences and how to address each child's individual needs. They have a committed staff that believe in their product and they instill that belief in your child.

Posted September 14, 2010
We recently moved from CA to FL & were looking for a school that was going to meet our children's needs. Both son's being were on an IEP & it was important that they were provided with SLP(Student Learning plans) that assured us as parents they would learn & feel comfortable with the school environment. The school provided that & more. Our sons have excelled & improved ion their academics 100%. Great administration & the teachers are the best!

Pepin Academy Of Tampa
3916 East Hillsborough Avenue, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified Pepin Academy Of Tampa is a Charter school that serves grades 3-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.