922 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted July 08, 2016
This school has great administration, staff and faculty. Great environment. I think a lot of this has to do with the principal. She’s top notch and has the energy to keep this school operating at a great pace. Her pride is infecting. She is a visible face of Pride and is always available to discuss student issues. There is very good communication between the teachers and parents. The teachers go above and beyond to help children do their best each day. I am very pleased with the effort the teachers make to help children do their best each day. Teachers and administration are dedicated to providing the best education for the children - this includes academic achievement as well social and moral responsibility.

Posted July 07, 2016
My son has been going to Pride for the last three years and I am very impressed by the school. Some of these reviews that complain about the administration are a surprise to me. I have had nothing but positive interaction with the school administration and all of my son's teachers have been fantastic. I have spoken with the principle, Mrs. Land a few times and I have always been impressed by her and her school. I don't think a school could function as well as Pride does without great leadership.

Posted July 07, 2016
I am a parent at Pride and as the name indicates...I am proud to have my son attend this school. I have only had wonderful and pleasant experiences with both the teachers, office staff, and administration. LOVE this school!!!!!

Pride Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2016
The school is good for academics, but horrible when it comes to any social interaction. I wish we could rate the teachers separately from the school since most of the teachers are great. The issue is with the administration. A friend has been harassed by the Principal, and when an "anonymous" complaint was filed with the Superintendents office, my friend was then harassed by the Area Superintendent, who directly referred to the "anonymous" complaint my friend filed. Apparently, those who disagree with the administration are bullied. I hope this will be addressed so we can get back to concentrating on the education of our children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 01, 2016
We have encountered some great teachers at Pride. My only hope is that they are not forced to find another place of employment because of the horrible administration.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 01, 2016
Most of the teachers we have encountered have been positive and effective, in spite of the administration.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted June 01, 2016
Student's need to have determination and grit to persevere through the lack of social interaction each day.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2016
Respect must be demonstrated by those in authority roles for it to trickle down to the students. At this time, the administration does not show respect to those who do not bow down and comply with the Principal's whims.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2016
The school does not focus on any soft skills. It is all academics and the administration does not provide a good example of compassion.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 01, 2016
I feel the school may be instrumental in developing honesty and integrity, but only when the administration demonstrates these traits. Currently, the administration does not.

10310 Lions Den Drive, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Pride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.