Tampa, FL

Pride Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2014
The reason Pride is rated so highly is because the teachers load the children down with a ridiculous amount of homework each night and it's completely on the parent (not the teacher) to ensure the children accomplish everything correctly, or else we're all threatened with the phone calls, emails, etc., on being "marked down". My 8 and 10 year olds each have approximately 2 1/2 hrs every night, and it's staggering for all of us. Other than that, the front office staff--notably the secretary and nurse--are probably the worst I've ever seen. Rude and completely clueless. So far, I'm not completely hyped about this school.

Pride Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2014
Good school if you are satisfied with your child being average. Teachers and Principal for whatever reason are not motivated to push the children to realize their potential. AGP is a farce. AGP teachers are not motivated to prepare the children for competetions etc.. nor to push the children. Extreme undisciplined environment in the classrooms. Hard to believe that the teachers can allow such an environment in their classrooms. Some parents I spoke to acknowledge that their childs behavior in terms of discipline, talking to elders, attitude had degraded drastically last year. The school's success is 85% family driven, its not that the teachers or the environment are any better.

Posted April 24, 2014
The principal and vice principal act like politicians when dealing with parents. its quite a turn-off. Teachers don't realize how good they have it and many seem a little too complacent. Newwer teachers seem to bring in a lot motivation and a caring attitude for their profession. Unfortuantely, the system chews up these go-getters and eventually breaks their morale. The PTA is extremely strong and well funded, however it was complately parent driven. There is very little teacher involvement in the PTA, however the teachers benefit greatly from fund raising efforts. Every teacher get a few hundreds dollars from the PTA in addition to special ad-hoc requests. Its unfortuante the PTA has to provde basic things this school needs, but that is more of an indictment of the District as a whole. The AGP gifted program has great math and science teachers across all grades. This school's strong FCAT scores are a direct result of the family upbringing of the students. The school is heavily Asian/Indian as well as upper-middle class families that prioritize education. The school's success is 85% family driven, its not that the teachers are any better than other schools. good school

Posted February 13, 2014
My son enrolled non English speaking. Just in 7 months he is speaking and has a great academic progress thanks to his teacher. I am very sad that this teacher is leaving. It is a big loss to the children and school in general. It makes you think twice about the not so positive decisions of the principal. It is a shame to let good and experienced teachers go.

Posted September 24, 2013
I think this school is perfect for my children. so far my kids had really nice and hard working teachers. I see lots of improvements in my kids every year. Yes, i see there are couple people at the front desk who are rude and i hope they get their acts together and start being little polite to parents. overall i am very satisfied with this school.

Pride Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
The staff and teacher are not friendly and certainly not willing to help. The information is not conveyed to the parents in a timely manner and is not clear. It is no better than other public schools.

Posted August 05, 2013
I simply love this school. Teachers are great and Principle is excellent . I am very happy to get this school for my kids.

Posted April 18, 2013
This school has exceeded my expectations. The staff & teachers are fun and creative and my child looks forward to learning. They are highly invested in helping each child become the best they can be. I've seen my child go from quiet and reserved to participating in activities outside his comfort level and finishing with a great sense of personal achievement. Part of the success of the school is the PTA which is filled with active, caring volunteers helping make Pride the best school around. This is not just a school it's a community filled with parents and teachers investing their time and energy into helping children grow in a positive manner.

Posted October 24, 2012
I have a Grand Daughter who attends Pride and I can say that this school is the best in Hillsborough County. I am a retired assistant teacher and my wife a retired taecher's aid / clerk from the scool district of Hillsborough County and we both are very happy with this school. We both worked at many schools in the district and none can compare with Pride. I especially like the program that the school has for the Veterans . this means very much to me and other Veterans. Thank You very much for caring. Viet Nam. Veteran of the U.S. Navy.

Posted July 19, 2012
Outstanding school! We recently relocated to the area and worried about transitioning our child. I was immiately impressed with the staff and the concern they have for the children. I found it to be an extremely safe and organized enviroment. The teachers really took the time to inform us on our child's progress and showed a genuine care for their students. I took advantage of the parent training writing class and was impressed with the criteria required of the students. The Junior Achievent program was another fun learning experience. We definitely feel like we made a great choice sending our child to Pride.

Pride Elementary School
10310 Lions Den Dr, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Pride Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pride Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top