300 students|Hillsborough
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Horizon Charter School of Tampa has been designated by the Florida Department of Education as a High Performing charter school in Hillsborough County Florida. Established in 2003, we proudly serve our community as a school of Choice and an alternative to the traditional academic environment. We offer an innovative education in a small-school setting and encourage our student to reach for academic excellence. Perhaps our program is the option that you are seeking for your child.
August 11, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

- a school leader

I love my daughters school she has been in 2 yrs so far I wouldn't change anything about it they have bulling under control they have clubs for kids teachers are polite my daughter is so smart their technique they use to teach the kids is awesome my daughter is on a higher reading level than regular public schools some times I think the work is to hard for her and she's proves me wrong every time :) she looks forward to getting up for school and loves her teachers to death overall I would not change a thing!

Great teachers and awesome learning environment!! The teachers and staff are incredibly caring and attentive to student needs! The classrooms are extremely innovative and the teachers excel in meeting the needs of all students. The administration is very approachable and have a personal connection with the students. We are incredibly happy with this school and cannot wait until our other child is old enough to attend!

Tampa Chater is a great school. The staff is so nice and the students are great. I, being a student, love Tampa Chater because all the teachers are always there to help you when your falling behind, and to run with you when your speeding ahead. The one thing I love most is they don't hold you back. If you can score higher than your grade level they let you do higher work, encouraging you to move forward. They are so supportive and I would never want to leave that school. I love it <3

This school has horrible language and disgusting bathrooms that make me sick.I would never encourage somebody to go to this school.

I have two sons attending Tampa Charter School and am very pleased with this school. The Principal is very caring and goes out of her way to get to know all the students. The teachers work very hard and care deeply for their students. My sons very in their learning abilities and are very different types of learners. Tampa Charter has been able to meet both their needs by advancing them when needed and also by offering extra support in areas where they really need it. The best part about Tampa Charter is the teachers, staff, and principal foster raising the childs self esteem. My middle schoolers are confident in themselves and their academics, they have never been bullied at school. I have a sense of peace knowing that my sons are at Tampa Charter and are being prepared for college. Tampa Charter has a low student to teacher ratio unlike most middle schools therefore, I know my sons will not fall through the cracks. Whether you have a child who who has some challenges academically or is gifted this school has the flexibility in place to meet their needs. I am so greatful that I found Tampa Charter and appreciate all that they do everyday!!!

As a student, I used to attend another school that had gangs, bullying, and abusive teachers. THIS school was a literal live-saver. My self-esteem and grades improved DRASTICALLY. The teachers here are honest, caring, and professional. I will always recommend this school to other kids and parents that want successful kids.

This is a great school! Teachers are wonderful and are very involved. They have many interesting activities that encourage the kids to learn and make learning fun.

This was the perfect choice for our child for middle school! With the smaller campus and class sizes he was able to focus more on his academics and receive more individualized attention. His teachers and the staff are always willing to help out and go the extra mile for the kids. The addition of "Focus time" for the last period of the school day was a huge benefit to reducing the amount of homework that the kids brought home and gave them extra time with teachers in subject matters they needed extra help with. Though they don't offer extras like music or sports, by not paying tuition we can afford to provide these for him after school. His grades came up this year and brought home honor roll for all 4 semesters. We are very satisfied with our experience with Tampa Charter and our other children will be coming here in the future.

I have had four children attend TCS, 3 of which are still attending. They have been there for 3 years. I have nothing but praise for the teachers and faculty at this school. I have a wide mix of ability levels in my children, from severe learning disabled to highly intelligent. All of their needs have been met on each level; academically, emotionally, and socially. Classes are set according to ability with mixed grade levels in each class. My children have all loved this school. The faculty is very much geared to the needs of the students. The principal and AP's knowledge of each individual amazes me - as does their grasp on IEP's and making sure that the students' needs are addressed even when they leave TCS. When writing my son's last IEP in the school they were both very cautious to make sure they covered everything he needed. I am grateful to them and the teachers that have also worked so effectively with my children.

Last modified Horizon Charter School of Tampa is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.