300 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Posted March 17, 2015
I love my daughters school she has been in 2 yrs so far I wouldn't change anything about it they have bulling under control they have clubs for kids teachers are polite my daughter is so smart their technique they use to teach the kids is awesome my daughter is on a higher reading level than regular public schools some times I think the work is to hard for her and she's proves me wrong every time :) she looks forward to getting up for school and loves her teachers to death overall I would not change a thing!

Posted September 02, 2014
Great teachers and awesome learning environment!! The teachers and staff are incredibly caring and attentive to student needs! The classrooms are extremely innovative and the teachers excel in meeting the needs of all students. The administration is very approachable and have a personal connection with the students. We are incredibly happy with this school and cannot wait until our other child is old enough to attend!

Posted March 28, 2014
Tampa Chater is a great school. The staff is so nice and the students are great. I, being a student, love Tampa Chater because all the teachers are always there to help you when your falling behind, and to run with you when your speeding ahead. The one thing I love most is they don't hold you back. If you can score higher than your grade level they let you do higher work, encouraging you to move forward. They are so supportive and I would never want to leave that school. I love it <3

Horizon Charter School of Tampa 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This school has horrible language and disgusting bathrooms that make me sick.I would never encourage somebody to go to this school.

Posted September 07, 2013
I have two sons attending Tampa Charter School and am very pleased with this school. The Principal is very caring and goes out of her way to get to know all the students. The teachers work very hard and care deeply for their students. My sons very in their learning abilities and are very different types of learners. Tampa Charter has been able to meet both their needs by advancing them when needed and also by offering extra support in areas where they really need it. The best part about Tampa Charter is the teachers, staff, and principal foster raising the childs self esteem. My middle schoolers are confident in themselves and their academics, they have never been bullied at school. I have a sense of peace knowing that my sons are at Tampa Charter and are being prepared for college. Tampa Charter has a low student to teacher ratio unlike most middle schools therefore, I know my sons will not fall through the cracks. Whether you have a child who who has some challenges academically or is gifted this school has the flexibility in place to meet their needs. I am so greatful that I found Tampa Charter and appreciate all that they do everyday!!!

Posted June 09, 2012
As a student, I used to attend another school that had gangs, bullying, and abusive teachers. THIS school was a literal live-saver. My self-esteem and grades improved DRASTICALLY. The teachers here are honest, caring, and professional. I will always recommend this school to other kids and parents that want successful kids.

Posted May 17, 2012
This is a great school! Teachers are wonderful and are very involved. They have many interesting activities that encourage the kids to learn and make learning fun.

Horizon Charter School of Tampa 4

Posted June 23, 2011
This was the perfect choice for our child for middle school! With the smaller campus and class sizes he was able to focus more on his academics and receive more individualized attention. His teachers and the staff are always willing to help out and go the extra mile for the kids. The addition of "Focus time" for the last period of the school day was a huge benefit to reducing the amount of homework that the kids brought home and gave them extra time with teachers in subject matters they needed extra help with. Though they don't offer extras like music or sports, by not paying tuition we can afford to provide these for him after school. His grades came up this year and brought home honor roll for all 4 semesters. We are very satisfied with our experience with Tampa Charter and our other children will be coming here in the future.

Posted May 09, 2011
I have had four children attend TCS, 3 of which are still attending. They have been there for 3 years. I have nothing but praise for the teachers and faculty at this school. I have a wide mix of ability levels in my children, from severe learning disabled to highly intelligent. All of their needs have been met on each level; academically, emotionally, and socially. Classes are set according to ability with mixed grade levels in each class. My children have all loved this school. The faculty is very much geared to the needs of the students. The principal and AP's knowledge of each individual amazes me - as does their grasp on IEP's and making sure that the students' needs are addressed even when they leave TCS. When writing my son's last IEP in the school they were both very cautious to make sure they covered everything he needed. I am grateful to them and the teachers that have also worked so effectively with my children.

Horizon Charter School of Tampa

Posted February 09, 2010
My child has attended this school for three years. The teachers have been very attentive to her needs and have done a good job of inspiring her to push to her limits. I must comment on the accuracy of an earlier posting. TCS has only one small set of lockers, not even enough for a class, and they are located behind a teacher's desk. Extra-curricular events are limited, however we chose this school fully aware of that fact and do not consider it a negative. There are so many community opportunities for activities that we have all that we could need. The students at the school are welcoming and we have have found the parents and families of the students here to be delightful people.

Horizon Charter School of Tampa
7235 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL  33634
Last modified Horizon Charter School of Tampa is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.