Tampa, FL

James Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2014
One of the worst schools I have ever seen. My children have been bullied from day one and because of the color of their skin, nothing is being done to resolve the issue. My children come home everyday and tell me that teachers are cursing at students, slamming books on desk to get order and just outright ignoring the troublemakers of the class. My stepson has b been bullied everyday since school started and when he tried to defend himself, he was the child that for suspended. Again, I am a person who believes all people, no matter their race, age, or gender should all be treated equally. I would never pull out the race card on anyone but this school is by far segregating its students. I don't find any of the office staff to be helpful at all and the principa/VP are no help either. They are to concerned with other things that are apparently more important than my children's safety at school. We are currently looking to move, just to get away from this school.

James Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
I had the opportunity, not sure it should be acknowledged as such, to visit the school and must stay I am very disappointment in the Hillsborough County school system. My step children attend this school and would not dare to think to have my daughters attend. This school in my opinion does not reflect on the community as a whole, but that of a sector. I felt uncomfortable when we were asked to stand for the national "Black" anthem, are you kidding me. My national anthem has no color. It does not discriminate against anyone. I am all for supporting the culture when it does disrespect the country. I am an African American and can only imagine the discomfort the other attendees must have felt. This school is exactly why we still have segregation in some parts of our country. This school should be review for ethics and value.

James Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2010
I am Actually Very Disappointed that i have to take my children to this school ! I am very concerned about the conduct allowed on the buss and the Language Used by the kids !!! Very Bad !!! I have made the decision to take My kids to school every day ! As for the Teacher my daughter had last year I was Impressed with His way of teaching IN the first half of the year , After this there was no Home work ,Never a grade on her Work and The folder was full of DONE work which was never touched by the Teacher .COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!! THESE KIDS ARE OUR FUTURE !!!!

James Elementary School 0

Posted March 01, 2010
My child has been at James for 5 years and until this year I have had no problems at all. She has had 4 of the greatest teachers in Hills. county To include Mrs.London ,Mrs.Givens .Mrs.outten and a few others through summer school. Although my child's experiance has been great this year mine has fallen short of the professional expectations I have had . Again the only person to try and help resolve my issue was Mrs.Bogan and to no avail some of your teachers approach your parents in a manner as though they are better then them and use childish tactics to goad your parents. I just happen to be above allowing them to antagonize me into showing something I would'nt want my child to do. I do believe the teachers need to step back and take alook at thereselves and reconsider their position on how they approach their parents.

James Elementary School 0

Posted June 16, 2009
My child have attend James for two years 2nd and 3rd grade. My son is EH and problems reading. These two years has been the worst. I have never seen a school so unorganize. The office staff is very unperfessional and no one ever knows whats going on. Mrs. Bogan the admin was the only one who help me get through these rough two years. I am taking my son out of this school and look in for a school that can help my son in reading to help prepare him for FCAT.

James Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2008
Today is my child's 1st Day at James.... I notice that I am the first parent to write a review on this school so I am very concerned about the parent involvement with this facility. I come from a background of a very educated family and although this is my child's 1st Day I had the opportunity to observe the school on Friday. I was amazed by the energy that Mya's teacher portrayed. When we received our tour, Mya's teacher was to attend a meeting. She immediately acknowledged us and began telling us about of background, introduced herself to Mya, provided us with all information she would need from me, and explained her style of teaching. Mya instantly became engrossed in everything Ms. Watson had to say. This school deserves more credit and the parents should be more involved. The office staff was attentive, and prompt. They really love their careers!

James Elementary School
4302 East Ellicott Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified James Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top