730 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 01, 2015
The teachers of the upper level grades were not very effective when it came to dicipline. There was one teacher in particular who had the worst behaved kids and her kids often were getting in trouble with other teachers since the expectations were lower with her.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted December 01, 2015
Zero dicipline instilled on any of the kids and parents made excuses whenever their child under performed. Mediocrity was celebrated.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted December 01, 2015
Saw very little of this with the adults there no not much of an example was being set for the children.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 01, 2015
It doesn't since certain kids where treated with favoritism even when they had dicipline issues.

Trinity School For Children 5

Posted March 13, 2015
My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed her first two years at Trinity. My husband and I have had a very positive experience with the teachers, assistants, office staff, maintenance staff...everyone! We've met Dr. O'Dea (the school's founder), who is a very kind, positive, and concerned individual and a very visible presence at the school.We have no bias or connection with the school. My comments are merely intended to tell our experience. Trinity teachers take an active interest in students' progress, maintain frequent communication, and host parent-teacher meetings twice yearly. "Experiential learning" includes field trips which help build upon classroom learning experiences and give parents the opportunity to be more involved in their child's education. Trinity's motto is "Citizens improving society". Students are taught to help their "friends" (classmates) and to behave in ways that serve the common good, creating a positive environment.. Bullying is a common problem with jr high students, in general, Trinity makes it VERY clear that students who do not comply with school policies will be dismissed. We have been nothing but very pleased with Trinity! Good luck in your search!

Posted March 06, 2015
I had 2 children at Trinity. They lack an arts program cafeteria and any real p.e. curriculum. Sports teams consist of mainly "staff's children". Bullying is a problem here. (Yes I know it happens everywhere but after 1 1/2 years and multiple attempts at getting the issue resolved it was still happening). The day after my daughter transferred to Trinity I attended my first PPA meeting. I was ignored and my attempts to share my contacts/business partners were dismissed. The school and "parents" are extremely "cliquey". Anyone not in the clique is an outsider. Homework is excessive, you will be nickle and dimed to death. I chose to pull my daughters out because the administration refused to do anything about the bullying. If you enjoy brown nosing, this is the perfect school for you. If not, find another school. I'm glad we're out and my girls are ridiculously successful and happy at their new "public neighborhood" school. I gave one star because there wasn't an option for no stars. I would give negative stars if I could.

Trinity School For Children 5

Posted November 09, 2014
loved this school send your child here it's so good!!! my Child loved it! the teachers are so fantastic

Posted May 23, 2013
We are ending our first year at Trinity. All of this time at the school and my child still has no idea who her school principal is. She is never walking the building, doesn't appear in the classrooms or make herself known in any way other then a handful of email from her we have received through the school year. I have found this lack of visibility from her very concerning. This school has a lot of expectations from it's families starting with the $500 "Enhancement" they ask of you from day one. Another $100+ for school supplies, a handful of fundraisers through out the year, many requests for classroom donations and the list goes on. Now it seems they are also demanding our time on the weekends as well. I have to skip my Sunday school teachings in order to attend a MANDATORY class play put on by the 4th & 5th grades. I'm sorry, I do not think any school has a right to expect families to give financially all year, the 50 parent hours (but keep on going because they need you) and then demand that you also give up very valuable family time as well. I am very disappointed that the school I thought Trinity was doesn't match what it actually is.

Posted May 06, 2013
This school is great...if you want to socialize and go on field trips. Totally didn't prepare me for high school. I went to Trinity for lower and middle school and then I went to Tampa Catholic. I have struggled this entire year. I am not a dummy but my class mates that went to public schools were way more prepared than me. So not only did my parents have to pay for private school tuition, they had to pay for tutors to keep me from failing this year.

Trinity School For Children 4

Posted September 14, 2011
Great school in comparison to the other traditional "public school" alternatives. While there is no tuition per se there are some costs involved but compared to private schools it is practically nothing, plus there are ways for parents to volunteer rather than paying. The school requires parent participation but for someone really intersted in their children's education that is a GOOD thing! It is why the school has higher performing students than the public school alternatives. Just check out the Florida DOE school accountability reports.

2402 West Osborne Avenue, Tampa, FL  33603
Last modified Trinity School For Children is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trinity School For Children Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top