Posted June 19, 2014
Everybody thinks this school is great. I however, think this is the worst possible school to go to. The teachers are alright, but almost if not everybody here is judgmental. The class of 2017 I think is probably the worst. Sure this school has spirit, but many schools do. What bothers me most is that there is a saying that says "bulls don't bully" well honestly I personally was bullied so badly I had to move schools. Because at Bloomingdale you're a bull and you can't spell bully without bull.

Posted August 31, 2013
My school is an absolute gem. We have the most school spirit, the best students, and the most helpful administrators. An exceptional experience, and I'm only in my sophomore year.

Posted August 06, 2013
I am going to be a senior at Bloomingdale Senior High School this next year. As an honors and AP student, I know the school well. There is nothing more exciting than being a Bull because the pride that our school contains, even through the changing of hands and drama, is astounding. Any student would be lucky to go to this school. You just have to have a thirst for knowledge. The teachers' capacity for patience and their ability to connect with their students is what will set them apart from other schools. They want to see you succeed. I found a friend in my educators here. Some students don't see it this way, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and, even though I've had my share of "ugh" moments, mine is that I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else. Bloomingdale has a sense of community that is rare these days. There is something for everyone, but we are also all connected. I'm not sure how you could find a better school. Especially regarding the music department. In retrospect, I am only sorry that this is my final year at Bloomindale Senior High School. However, I know that though I may leave, the spirit of the school will stay with me. Once a Bull, always a Bull.

Bloomingdale High School 2

Posted December 11, 2011
My son came here with honors and AP classes. We opted to send him here as opposed to Brandon with it's "inferior" reputation but have learned that outside of their "great" music program it is no better than Brandon. Sure kids aren't getting shot in the parking lot (that's expected) it's why I live here and not "the hood"! In any case I have tried three times to get a meeting with someone in the office with zero success. Left messages in person the second and third time because I had no success on the phone my first try. I had to leave messages because there was no one there to see me on those visits. I attempted to talk to some of the teachers in person because the Edline entries are a joke. In the large majority of cases entries were made as late as three weeks after the facts. Far from real-time! thus misleading us parents. Sometimes a problem may be too far gone by the time we see it on Edline. My son is no angel or Ace but through tight monitoring was able to stay on top of his game till he got here. The Aces and nerds do well anywhere, it's average kids like mine that need the support!!! Bloomingdale is a ton of fun, but for fun we have the fair. It will do till 2013!!!

Bloomingdale High School 3

Posted October 28, 2011
This school could be so much better. The academics offered are good, but as a parent you need to stay informed and top of good classes and good teachers. The administration will give the parent a hard time, but there are ways around them ( if you aren't afraid of making someone mad). The students have great school spirit. If they didn't accept bussing from undersirable areas , that are not within the boundary of this school the grade would be an "A". They allow anyone to enter this school on school choice, where as another nearby high school is selective and rejects students they feel aren't a good fit (they are an "A").

Posted May 20, 2011
We bought a house in the neighborhood because it was supposed to be a great school. It was a great school for drug dealers and business was booming on the streets before and after school. There were lots of drug busts in our subdivision and the kids had very creative ways to transfer their merchandise. The school SRO was great, and I called him a lot... but they needed more than one on duty policeman to keep up with the volume. Monitor your kids friends carefully. The year my son graduated, there were 3 at least extacy related deaths of teens in the area. We moved, thank God! Unfortunately, it is one of the better schools in the area. I can only imagine how bad the others must be. I do not recommend Hillsborough County as a place to raise kids.

Posted April 14, 2011
Bloomingdale is by far the best high school I have ever attended. The teacher and staff are always there to help you threw anything and only wants whats best for us kids. The school spirit we have is not comparable to any other school in the nation! Our student body is very close and our parents help make this school even better!I would not choose any other school but Bloomingdale.

Posted March 15, 2011
Bloomingdale is just an all around great school. I would highly recommend it to any parent who is looking for a good school in the area. I have friends from a lot of the other school in the area and I've never heard anything completely amazing from any of them. Bloomingdale has such great school spirit and the biggest heart. Especially the music department which I am proud to be apart of. It has tons of praise and if your child isn't a music student, stick 'em in chorus! You wont regret choosing this school, the teachers are 95% percent awesome and there are plenty of AP classes to choose from. I'll never forget my time as a Bloomingdale Bull!!

Posted November 07, 2010
I just started my freshman year at Bdale, and I am in love with it. The teachers push me to my fullest. Our school has the best spirit. We have so much fun, and I know I will never regret going here. I love it!

Posted April 30, 2010

Bloomingdale High School
1700 Bloomingdale Avenue, Valrico, FL  33596
Last modified Bloomingdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomingdale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top