Valrico, FL
Students enrolled: 1,133
Before care: Yes

Posted October 30, 2014
This school is great for academics, a diverse population & the band is internationally known, that is the wind symphony & Jazz.

Posted September 15, 2014
My oldest child attended Mulrennan Middle School 6 - 8th grades. I moved my youngest to Mulrennan from a STEM middle school that had terrible teacher/ethics. My oldest is an A/B student and my youngest is a straight A student. The teachers at Mulrennan are approachable, supportive, and fair. They make learning fun by getting kids involved in the classroom. The homework load is manageable for kids. Both of my kids are involved in other activities and do not struggle to get their work done. The administration has been nothing but wonderful. The guidance counselor was very willing to work with me regarding schedule issues. You don't see boys with their pants at their knees and you won't see girls showing half their body. The students are respectful of each other and the teachers/staff. Even the best schools can't stop everything before it happens. My daughter was bullied in 7th grade, however, when the principal & assistant principal were made aware of this, it was handled immediately and never happened again. Middle school is a very fun but difficult time in a child's life. It takes parents doing their job at home, so their kids can be successful in the classroom.

Mulrennan Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2014
My child has attended Mulrennan for 6th and 7th grade and it has been nothing but a COMPLETE nightmare! It starts from the administration and I can count on one hand how many decent teachers my son has had. The students are just a number and forget a parent who has concerns or tries to be involved. MANY teachers frankly just have too much and too little time to go the extra mile for the kids, but who suffers? OUR kids do. The homework load is ridiculous, As a parent, I feel I should be getting a salary for all the late nights and outside tutors we have had to get just to get by. When asked by friends if 'like' my kids' school? Umm, that's not hard to answer with a big NO! Very much considering pulling them out and going elsewhere. This school's administration needs to seriously revamp 'EDSBY' (what a joke), instill back in their mentality why is it they actually chose teaching as a career, and putting children first to remember they are not herds of cattle or robots, they are young impressionable kids that are not all the same and be treated and taught as such.

Posted June 23, 2014
When will they send the information packets for school ? I like to start my school shopping early so I don't have to do it later. My daughter is so excited to go to 6th grade.

Posted April 02, 2014
I am a parent that came 2 years ago from Puerto Rico. My first son was 7th and 8th grade in this school and my second son is currently in 6th grade. My third son is coming to 6th grade next year in this school. It is a great school, great gifted program, academically challenged curriculum and a great principal that makes the school a very safe place for the studetns. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 04, 2013
I am a student here, and I can proudly say that Mulrennan is an excellent school with an amazing staff and teachers who actually care about the students. The teachers here are nice, caring, and they actually have a sense of humor and are able to make learning fun! If you are having trouble and are not as smart as others, they have wonderful tutoring programs in the mornings, and teachers would be willing to help the student as well. The staff here is dedicated and willing to do whatever it takes to make our Mulrennan Mustangs healthy, safe, and they want us to succeed. This is my last year at Mulrennan, and I have to say that I am sad to go. This is a wonderful school, and if you are considering putting your student into this school, there really is no better choice than Mulrennan.

Posted October 05, 2012
i think that this is the best school i have ever been to. i loved mulrennan. it had a fanominal band and orchadstra with my most favorite teacher mr. vail. he helped me on my way to greatness. i play the violin and viola. it is funny that he doesnt know how to play the violin but he can teach it perfect. and mr. klas my science teacher was also one of my favorite. he teaches 8th grade science and i really recomend him. i really have nothing bad to say about this school. there are some fights once in a while but i mean what school doesnt

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted December 02, 2009

Posted September 29, 2009
My grandson was ill recently and thanks to the generous and beyond her scope as a teacher, Mrs. Forsythe (6th grade math) helped him keep up with his assignments.

Mulrennan Middle School
4215 Durant Road, Valrico, FL  33596
Last modified Mulrennan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mulrennan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top