Valrico, FL
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted August 17, 2015
I feel that we are off to a great start at Mulrennan Middle School. I was concerned about my daughters class placements for 6th grade. I emailed her academic guidance counselor several days before they were due to return from summer break. Upon her return, she immediately emailed me offering me a basic overview of the classes that my daughter would be in and offered me the new academic counselors name. The next day, I received a welcome email from the new counselor and she asked me if I had any further questions. It is great to know that they partner and communicate in this way. Coming from a Charter School this type of communication and partnership is what I have become accustomed to. We are excited to be joining the Mulreannan Middle School Family. I also met the principle the other day, he seems to be on top of everything and has some wonderful ideas to make the transition for 6th graders less stressful (ICE CREAM SOCIAL for the 6th grader). The 6th graders were able to come on this day, eat ice cream, tour the school, buy agendas and PE uniforms without the long lines of the entire school being there. This provided a wonderful experience for my family and my new 6th grader. This is the kind of forward thinking that I appreciate !!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 17, 2015
New to the school but hoping that the staff are very effective and willing to keep parents informed.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
Again, I am new to the school and hoping that this is the case. So far the staff has been wonderful.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
I am new to the school so I am hoping that this is the case.

Posted April 19, 2015
My kids love Mulrennan. The school is academically challenging for the students. I am very happy with the school and teachers.

Mulrennan Middle School 2

Posted January 26, 2015
The school needs to change the car loop for the bus loop. It is a traffic nightmare in the mornings and afternoons. The administrators don't do anything when a parent complains about other kids bullying their kid. Edsby is a joke because teachers don't use it properly so it can be effective for the parents. One teacher doesn't dress appropriately (does the dress code only apply to students?). I have emailed both the principal and vice principal in the past and neither has got back to me. No not happy with this school at all.

Posted October 30, 2014
This school is great for academics, a diverse population & the band is internationally known, that is the wind symphony & Jazz.

Posted September 15, 2014
My oldest child attended Mulrennan Middle School 6 - 8th grades. I moved my youngest to Mulrennan from a STEM middle school that had terrible teacher/ethics. My oldest is an A/B student and my youngest is a straight A student. The teachers at Mulrennan are approachable, supportive, and fair. They make learning fun by getting kids involved in the classroom. The homework load is manageable for kids. Both of my kids are involved in other activities and do not struggle to get their work done. The administration has been nothing but wonderful. The guidance counselor was very willing to work with me regarding schedule issues. You don't see boys with their pants at their knees and you won't see girls showing half their body. The students are respectful of each other and the teachers/staff. Even the best schools can't stop everything before it happens. My daughter was bullied in 7th grade, however, when the principal & assistant principal were made aware of this, it was handled immediately and never happened again. Middle school is a very fun but difficult time in a child's life. It takes parents doing their job at home, so their kids can be successful in the classroom.

Mulrennan Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2014
My child has attended Mulrennan for 6th and 7th grade and it has been nothing but a COMPLETE nightmare! It starts from the administration and I can count on one hand how many decent teachers my son has had. The students are just a number and forget a parent who has concerns or tries to be involved. MANY teachers frankly just have too much and too little time to go the extra mile for the kids, but who suffers? OUR kids do. The homework load is ridiculous, As a parent, I feel I should be getting a salary for all the late nights and outside tutors we have had to get just to get by. When asked by friends if 'like' my kids' school? Umm, that's not hard to answer with a big NO! Very much considering pulling them out and going elsewhere. This school's administration needs to seriously revamp 'EDSBY' (what a joke), instill back in their mentality why is it they actually chose teaching as a career, and putting children first to remember they are not herds of cattle or robots, they are young impressionable kids that are not all the same and be treated and taught as such.

Mulrennan Middle School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
When will they send the information packets for school ? I like to start my school shopping early so I don't have to do it later. My daughter is so excited to go to 6th grade.

4215 Durant Road, Valrico, FL  33596
Last modified Mulrennan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mulrennan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top