649 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

My 9 year old loves this school. We recently relocated from Philadelphia and he has never had any complaints. I'm not sure why the other parents on this page complain. At my sons old school he had to fight everyday and protect his cousin. These parents don't know what a bad school is. My son got all 4's on the F-CAT's and felt bad that he couldn't get all 5's!. The teacher are always nice and patient. My youngest said he can't wait to go to the "Big Kid" School like his big brother!

Terrible. The teachers were lazy and anti-social. My daughter, who is now 11 years old and in 6th grade private school despised it. She would get no homework and wouldn't learn a thing! Her F-Cat test were below average due to the lack of teaching! The school she is in is way wonderful and teaches alot! Shame on this school!

Super service and good communication with us parents. Our kids thrive at this school and enjoy their classes. The focus is very much on learning. Their teacher is very enthusiastic and competent. Great school.

I love this school. My daughter learns a lot academically. But I miss a little extra activity where the kids show their talents and the family is invited to watch. This is usually done when the schoolyear ends. Also, an appreciation day for the students' achievements is done around this time and the principal himself gives the awards/rewards with the presence of the students' families as well.. It is something that parents look forward to every year.

Teachers are O.K, but kids get no home work!!! Many other little things too. Plus my child doesnt like it!

Couldn't be happier!! The staff is wonderful! The teachers are the best! My children are happy here, parent/Teacher communication is excellent, and their dedication is amazing. and would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for a wonderful, reputable school, with the utmost qualified teachers and very friendly and helpful staff.

Garden Elementary is like a large family. The staff, all staff..not just teachers, are great to our children. The Teachers do work hard with them to insure their learning. All of the staff, every single person that is working in Garden, are all very excellent and care greatly about the children and family, and the school. It shows when you visit, you can see it in the parents that are there and the staff. There is a lot of parent involvement, but like anywhere, there could always use more. I moved out of Garden's district for a while, but did school choice so they would not have to leave that school. That is how much I think of that school. I was sad when my 5th grader left Garden, but I still have others there still, and love every minute.

Last modified Garden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.