Taylor Ranch Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 625 students

Posted September 19, 2013

We love TRS! We came from a local private school, which we were very disappointed in and are so pleased with this school. The teachers and staff are absolutely amazing. They go out of their way to make both the parents and students comfortable. My only complaint is that the after school staff that help organize the parent pick up line are not always patient. They need to understand that you cannot pull away from the curb until your child is buckled in, which for younger children sometimes takes a little longer than they like. Rushing parents out of there before they are ready is a safety hazard.

Posted August 1, 2013

Taylor Ranch thus far has proven to be outstanding academically. Our daughter is pleased with her teachers there and has grown socially as well as academically at a remarkable rate. Moving from out of state to Florida, we are thankful that we moved into the Taylor Ranch Elementary school district. Thus far we are pleased with Taylor Ranch and most of the staff. The principal is fair and gentle mannered and we have nothing negative to report.

Posted May 16, 2012

My children attended Garden a few years back, and were extremely unhappy there. I quickly learned that if your child enjoys the school, their work efforts show in a positive way. It is true that TR does little advancement testing, but that's because they offer Differential Learning. I also volunteer there often, and have seen for myself that the teachers will modify their curriculum for those students who are more advanced, including the lower grades, like Kindergarten. Overall, I am very pleased with the communication and encouragement from the teachers and staff, and highly recommend.

Posted November 15, 2010

Sending my son to Taylor Ranch was a HUGE mistake! They pushed him through the 3rd grade so that they would not look too bad as a school. My son graduated the 3rd grade having not learned a thing the entire school year. Even though it was nothing but C's and D's on his work, he was not held accountable by his teacher. She clearly didn't care. Moved him to Venice Christian School for 4th grade and, let me tell you, it is like night & day! This school wants what is best for my son. It is all about caring! VCS is a parents dream come true. Taylor Ranch is a NIGHTMARE!

Posted October 10, 2010

***** My daughters have gone to several schools but none as great as Taylor Ranch!

Posted August 24, 2010

My 4 children attended TRS last year. My oldest was tested and moved to there gift/ advanced program. The teacher is an amazing teacher. My son loved going to her everyday. He excelled very quickly. My other 3 loved there teachers. My youngest loved his kindergarten teacher she is an amazing, caring teacher. My 2, 3rd graders had speech issues. The speech teacher was great with them. Very caring and helpful staff. The principal needs to lighten up a little but over all a great school.

Posted April 14, 2010

Both my children attended this school and I also volunteered there.

Posted December 9, 2009

Our daughter is in first grade and so far the quality of education has been top notch! Amazing teachers, both in K and 1st grade!

Posted August 5, 2009

I sent my child here for one year and one year only. The quality of education there is not up to par, there is not enough one-on-one attention, and the learning pace was extremely slow for my child. No testing was offered for advanced placement, therefore my child was bored most of the school year, and did not want to go to school at all. Send them to Garden!

Posted May 10, 2009

We had a bad experience with teachers and the principal of TR. If you were lucky to have had a good experience with the school, it is easy to blame the student or his parents for the problems and overlook the general uncourteous behavior of staff.

Posted May 9, 2009

This is a school you can trust,the teachers are great,my 2 children went to this school they loved it this elementry is the best

Posted September 18, 2008

In response to the last few reviews-It doesn't suprise me that some people have poor experiences at the same school so many people have awesome experiences with. But let's keep in mind that we as parents only get out of our relationships with the teachers and staff what we put into it. I have two teens and a 2nd grader presently attending TRS and We have had excellent communication and academic success for all three kids. But we treat them with the respect and communication necessary to forge a positive interaction. Unfortunately some parents act no better then their kids attending so I can relate to the ongoing challenges.

Posted September 16, 2008

My son only attended this school for five months before I pulled him out. I was extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication from the teacher to administration. My son's teacher was hardly qualified to work with children. The leadership attempted to pacify me and skirted around his incompetencies. I was not ever granted an oportunity to speak to the Principal, including not even a returned phone call. Running on an old 'good' reputation in my opinion.

Posted July 8, 2008

My 4 children have been in other Florida Schools and this one just seems average to me. 2 attend Taylor Ranch so here's Pros and Cons Pros: The teachers are caring, polite and professional. The secretarial staff are friendly. Parent pick up runs quickly. Overall pleasant atmosphere (and this does mean a lot),the success maker computer programs, Cons: The ESE liason is horribleto work with. Some teachers take a while to call back. But others call back right away. No internet program to check homework or grades.

Posted June 12, 2007

I have been associated with TRS as a volunteer for the past 10 years. I have been fortunate to work with very high quality and caring teachers in Kindergarten and First grade. I hope to continue to assist in the future. It is truly amazing what these teachers accomplish with 20 students in one class, without a paid aide.

Posted March 17, 2007

Our boys have attended TRS for 2 years. We have been very pleased! The only thing that disappointed us was that they did not offer band this year for the fifth graders & our son was really looking forward to that. I hope they decide to start that program again. Unfortunately, we have to move out of this area. We will miss TRS tremendously!

Posted July 24, 2006

I was so happy with TRS and very sad when we had to move to another state. My son started at TRS in kindergarten, he had not gone to preschool as we had moved around too often, so he was a little behind at first, but by the end of the school year he was reading and writing and even doing some small algebra problems. He completed 1st great there and is now reading chapter books. His teacher always kept me informed on his behavior. I feel a pang of sadness when I think that he will not be returning to TRS.

Posted May 27, 2006

Very good school in general. However, many of the reviews of TRS on this site are outdated as there is a new principal. I never realized how important the school principal was to the spirit and overall atmosphere of a school. The current principal is sweet but ineffectual, and very unresponsive to student and parent needs. This attitude seems to be contagious and will eventually erode the positive elementary school experience that your children deserve.

Posted May 13, 2006

Florida is known to have the worst schools in the union. I'm here to say, there are great schools in Florida and Taylor Ranch is one of them. My children have attended this school for three years. I have to say, I am very happy they do. I only hope and pray that TRS is not the only first class school school in Florida, or I and a lot of other parents are in big trouble. The point is, you have to care enough and make it your responsibility and sacrifice to find the good schools. I did. The teachers are great, the curriculum is excellent, the principal is wonderful, and every effort is made to ensure your child learns. If you work with the teachers, they'll work with you. It's not only their responsibility, its the parent's too. I drive 30 extra miles/day just so my kids can attend TRS.

Posted May 12, 2006

The Kindergarten team is excellent! Unfortunately, First Grade Advanced Work Class was a huge disappointment. The teacher did not provide challenge or encouragement. In meeting with the teacher and administrators in an attempt to ensue change, I was met with more disappointment. I do not recommend the AWC if your child needs to be challenged.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

89 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

89 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

100 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Five Star School Award fo last 14 years
  • Golden School Award for several years
  • A grade from state for several years

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus

School start time
  • 8:30
School end time
  • 3:15
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school