Venice, FL
Before care: Yes

Epiphany Cathedral School 4

Posted March 26, 2014
This is a wonderful school! The teachers are very caring, they live their faith, which makes it a great atmosphere for our children. With new leadership there is always a time of transition, every school has it's ups and downs, positives and negatives. Overall I would highly recommend this school---keeping Christ in the center of our kids lives gives them the foundation to be successful in all they do.

Posted March 24, 2014
We are done!!! We are not seeing any significant changes being made by the new principal. The school is advertising excellence in education when the curriculum has not improved. Quite frankly I have seen no changes worth mentioning. When you pay good money you expect to get what you pay for. The 'gateway' to the learning starts with kindergarten... this school is way below what other schools are teaching in kindergarten. Your child is not getting a good foundation right from the start. My advice to those of you looking at this school is to sit in classrooms at other schools and then compare. I will say, the best teacher and assistant they have in K through 2nd, is first grade. They are awesome.

Posted June 11, 2013
Great school Great Sports Great science Great art department Great Parrish Great Community partners. My children have attended this Catholic school and it has been the best part of there lives. The problem with the web is so many can hide behind there computer and spew gossip and insults. The small school is Catholic based and provides a moral compass as well as a solid Blue Ribbon education. The greater issue has become that the non church going parents of some children attend who have not had to work as a result of mommy and daddys wealth and do not understand that boy and girl drama is not being a bully its life.Getting stuffed in a locker or racism is bullying and I have never seen or heard anything about bullys,in fact it is an insult to the children and parents who attend to say its not safe. If you value faith,America,community support and the Golden rule than this is your place. If you believe in gossip,rumors,whining and being a spoiled parent please move on and remember that the greatest trick the Devil ever played was to make you believe he does not exist, and as you can see from this persons review he does.

Posted June 08, 2013
This School is a complete waste of money... Blue Ribbon? That is laughable... The curriculum is embarrassing, certain teachers are a disgrace.. Zero communication,bullying, inappropriate behaviors (other students) are not only tolerated,they are ignored.This is not a safe environment for any child. Think twice!!! What you see is certainly not what you get.. I write this on behalf of many upset parents....

Posted June 06, 2013
Best school possible for catholic families. The teachers there really care about their students. Your child will definitely recieve a better education at ecs than at a public school.

Posted May 28, 2013
This school doesn't deserve a Blue Ribbon. They give the children way too much homework and expect the parents to teach it at home. If I wanted to teach my kids I would of home schooled them and saved a lot of money. They have a web site for the teachers to let parents know what the agenda will be, but never seem to have the time or knowledge of how to post up coming assignments. The teachers seldom understand that all kids are not the same and if you don't meet up to there standards then your left behind. The staff does a poor job of laying out when and what they will be tested on or learning. They don't deserve their accreditation and it should be reviewed .What would Jesus say or do? Certainly not what they do!!! May God forgive them!!!

Posted September 21, 2012
I was also asked to write a rewiew for this school when the Principal noticed we went from 5 to 4 star. Not sure how we can actually trust the reviews when they are in my opinion prompted.

Epiphany Cathedral School 4

Posted January 31, 2012
The school has great teachers. Too much math homework, not enough Social studies homework. Needs more balance.

Posted January 18, 2011
Not only am I a parent of an Epiphany student but I am also a teacher and an alumni. Epiphany allows children to practice their faith and provides the foundation and encouragement for kids to become life long learners. ECS has always been like a second family to me and I feel so blessed to be able to share that with my students and my own children!

Posted January 16, 2011
There is a problem with a school when the principle makes it mandatory for her teachers to log in and give the school a good review. The schools rating should come from parents and individuals in the community whom are unbaised.

Epiphany Cathedral School
316 Sarasota Street, Venice, FL  34285
Last modified Epiphany Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Epiphany Cathedral School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top