Enterprise Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 577 students

Posted June 7, 2014

Our family moved to Florida two years ago. We were very concerned about our son's educational experience and adjustment. At Enterprise we were warmly welcomed, and my son, who now is heading to Middle School, has thrived at this school! He has had very competent and caring teachers who focused on teaching to both his strengths and weaknesses. He was given opportunities to experience leadership in both 4th and 5th grades. These opportunities have given him new confidence and some great life skills to take with him to Middle School. It has been my privilege to serve on this schools SACS committee and to work regularly as a substitute teacher in this school. I have been able to see a bit "behind the scenes" of this place. I have learned SO much about the kind of love, CARE, sacrifice, and even personal financial investments these teachers and administrators pour out to these students. They put a high priority on student's needs and their safety. The school is stocked with many excellent teachers and educational support staff. They have the very best front office staff EVER. :-). Our family will miss this special place!

Posted March 31, 2014

If your child has special needs and/or with some behavioral issues don't bother putting them in this school. teachers are ok but the teacher assistants and administration is horrible! the gossiping about the child and parents needs to stop! I even tried to explain in the past the type of child he/she is but the told me they found it suspicious even though seeking professional help. It is gotten to a point where I feel very uncomfortable. this school is suppose to help students with special needs but most important love it. I just don't see it.

Posted February 17, 2014

My children attended this school for 4 years. The teacher were nice but the administration is horrible. They have know clue how to deal with children with ADHD. They must have called me once a week with something my child had done little things like going under the desk. They would send him home every chance they got. (He was only in kindergarten at the time.) My other child who has no behavioral issues and I thought was doing well in school until we went to a our new school. She is far behind in her academics. Her now attend Discovery Elementary it offers tutoring two days a week for her to catch up. The grades the school get make a difference in the quality of education your child gets. Also the administration did away with the PTA.

Posted August 1, 2013

Enterprise Elementary School is a wonderful school. All the teachers and staff are really nice people and I never received one report of my child being bullied by another student.

Posted May 7, 2010

My son has gone to school here for two years and I was not impressed with the kindergarten and less impressed with 1st grade. my child has been struggling this year and we have not recieved much help to assist my son in his education to move forward. When help has come I had to bring it to the schools attention and it is too little too late. Overall not impressed. What happenend to no child left behind? Title I schools are suppose to recieve additional funding and help and I don't see it ...unless of course your child is on reduce lunch.

Posted April 27, 2010

My son attended Enterprise for ESE speech therapy services for three school years. This school is smaller and older but the teachers are great and if you are lucky enough to get Sandy Dasso as a teacher you are truly blessed. My son did so well in her class he will be headed off to regular Kindergarten for 2010-2011 at Debary Elementary. We will miss Enterprise!

Posted August 24, 2009

My son is now in the first grade and I'm expecting just as good as a year as last year. His K-teacher was awesone. He had surgery in September shortly after school started last year and both his hands were in casts which made it hard for him to do certain things and he fell a little behind. His teacher met up with me and we discussed a plan to help him. She even put in a little extra time with him to make sure he got caught up. She cared about him, his needs and his progress. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for him last year.

Posted August 1, 2009

My son has attended Enterprise since kindergarten and is now ready to enter middle school. I feel Enterprise has prepared him well for this milestone, academically, emotionally and socially. Enterprise has a loving, caring and dedicated staff who truly care about the students and I am so thankful that my son had the privilege of attending this remarkable school.

Posted July 31, 2009

Enterprise Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers are always looking out for the students. New ideas and activiities are always being introduced to help motivate and interest my children. The extra support staff and admininstration are always smiling and ready to go!

Posted June 4, 2009

My daughter is a second grader and has attended Enterprise since kindergarten. I know teachers and support staff have her best interest at heart. I am greatful to be in a Title1 school where my daughter can get the extra help needed.

Posted June 1, 2009

I have two children in the school and they both have been receiving an excellent education. Their teachers are warm, caring and very helpful. The administration is on the ball and know what to do and how to do it.

Posted June 1, 2009

Enterprise has been a wonderful experience! That staff really care about the students and work hard to make sure the kids have every chance to learn.

Posted June 1, 2009

Enterprise Elementary is a wonderful school. My grandson attends the school. Dr. Abernathy, the principal and Ms. O'Connor have set a friendly atmosphere. Each morning begins with all students being greeted by the principals, no matter what the weather, the pledge and a bit of wisdom read by Dr. Abernathy over the intercom. I feel the individual needs and concerns of the students are met with compassion and respect by the whole staff. The teachers are caring, professional and dedicated to helping each student to do his or her best. The school is safe and immaculate. My grandson loves everything about the school and has done quite well. He thinks the Special Area team is the best he has had in his whole life and looks forward to the new activities for each day. I thank everyone who has contributed to making this a great learning expierience for him. Nana

Posted January 5, 2009

My children have attended this school since Kindergarten and I could not be happier with the entire team there. The administration is caring and understanding that kids are not perfect. The teachers for the most part are good, from what I have seen the support staff helps out where ever needed. I could not have asked for a better Elementary experience for my children.

Posted November 29, 2006

My son has attended this school since kindergarten and is now in 5th. Like any school, I suppose, there are wonderful teachers and terrible ones and he has had both. I am most impressed with his current teacher, Mr. Patterson, who is a parents dream for their child. He makes class interesting and offers after school tutoring on his own time, just because he cares so much about the kids. The principals come and go often and change things around a bit too much, there again you have good ones and bad ones. Overall, I feel safe sending my child here. The office staff and most teachers are above average.

Posted October 22, 2006

We heard plenty of praise about Enterprise before enrolling our Kindergartner this year. Unfortunately, we have not realized what others have up to this point. We have received very limited feedback from the teacher and the daily appraisals are vague at best. We do like the size and intimacy of the school and the assistant. Principal seems sincerely cognizant of our needs. The drop off/pick up process on the other hand is atrocious. All in all, so far, our limited experience with Enterprise school has been disappointing. We are hopefully that this will improve soon.

Posted June 14, 2006

The principal and vice-principal here are awesome. Very kind, caring, lovely people. There is a very warm faculty here. The speech teacher is very competent. The media teacher is excellent. There is a lot of parent invovement. Great school!
—Submitted by a staff

Posted April 30, 2006

Enterprise is a GREAT school, smaller then most around. Great staff, great volunteers. They are school that will work with you to help your child get the best education they can do. Its a family school. Many past students bring their children back to the area to attend. There is a great PTA at the school. Many family (free) night activities through out the year.

Posted April 29, 2003

My children all (3) attended Enterprise Elementary from 1976 until they 'graduate' which at that time was sixth grade. The teachers over all were exceptional as was the administration. I now have 3 grandchildren attending, and two who have 'moved on up' to higher grades. My eldest grandchild still at Enterprise is an A student and the others not far behind. I attribute this to the teachers and staff seeing to it that the children are given special attention in needed areas and tend to keep in touch with parents as to the childrens progress and needs. Great school - wonderful support system.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

69 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

69 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

81 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

82 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

81 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

83 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• DR. VIRGINIA ABERNATHY
Fax number
  • (386) 668-3513

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now