2,333 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted February 18, 2016
Terrible principle and athletic director. There's a group of negative students that go to sporting events that heckle and harass players. She calls it great school spirit. Most call it bullying.

Posted October 22, 2015
One of the best fine arts programs in a general public high school in Pasco County. Dedicated parents. Outstanding staff. The Music program (Bands & Guard) is an award winning program that was priceless to our kids' development. We only had one teacher we had to meet with to discuss teaching our kids. (Math) Other than that, the students here will succeed with the hard work that is necessary. Extra-curricular programs are abundant and challenging. The school is growing in population, programs, management, and benefits. Although our last child graduates this year, I am excited for the future of the WRHS Bulls. The programs are competitive. Graduates have gone on to programs from Yale/Harvard to Community College, and been successful.

Posted March 17, 2014
I move here from New York and I'm a very productive student but I have a huge question mark for my future. I ask for help when is needed but some teachers don't even care. Most of them assign busy work and don't even teach. I'm taking a class and the teacher isn't even teaching them, there's another teacher teaching the class. In the beginning of the school year I've had to get my schedule changed because of overcrowding and then I get put into a class (referring to the previous teacher) that is very crowded. Some teachers even TEXT or talk on the phone with another teacher during class. I've asked for help on what classes I should take based on the career and the counselor gave me such a bland answer: "Take a lot of sciences"... I asked her about what colleges she recommends me to go to and she just hands me a website! When my family was in New York and my older sister had the same questions they gave her pamphlets and booklets of some colleges she should go to. My dad has had to argue with some teachers to pull me out of ESOL when I know both english and spanish fluently. Its a very unhelpful system. Although I am very grateful for the teachers that actually do help me.

Wiregrass Ranch High School 4

Posted February 02, 2014
Wiregrass Ranch is a good school compared to others around the county. There's plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities to participate in. There's also in school resources the students can use to do things like homework, research, print homework, ect. After school there's even tutoring sessions. My personal favourite is how the school utilizes technology so much with learning. However, there are flaws as there would be to and school. Some teachers care more than others and it's highly evident most of them do care enough to want you to pass. The school only seems to fund to a football team that hardly ever wins. My friends in band as they can only get their uniforms washed once or twice a year(how gross). The gym is never actually used for PE only for basketball events/practices which sucks, especially in the summer. Students here like to start redundant trends but it's something that can be ignored. The school overall is a really good school and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Posted November 01, 2013
I do not feel this school is run well. I have called multiple times to meet with Guidance in reference to my child being in a class he did not belong in. The teacher was saying you don't belong here and would send him to guidance. He finally met with Guidance and they said, "you have been in the class too long you have to stay". They do not support first year teachers and leave them to, :"find a path". It's very discouraging when my child says, "you can tell the teacher cares but doesn't have control and doesn't cover the material he wants to". In one class my son has never had a teacher but a series of subsitutes?? They write the answers to the worksheets on the board daily. My son is concerned about learning. He is learning the material via a book and the internet. I think the staff has lost sight of the students being, "children" and treats them like widgets in a factory. Very upset with this school and it's performance.

Posted August 22, 2013
Both of my sons graduated from Wiregrass, My son graduated in the first graduation and the other one a year later very positive experience. I know they both were highly motivated, they both are 22 and 21 and are pursuing higher education and goals. Thanks to the entire staff at wiregrass ranch.

Posted November 30, 2011
My daughter is a senior at WRHS and we have been very pleased since day 1 of her freshman year. She plays varsity soccer and the team was 2 wins from a state championship. The school is very well run and we have been quite happy with her teachers. She is in all AP classes and a dual-enrollment class from Pasco-Hernando Community College. PHCC is presently building a campus next to WRHS, so there should be even more opportunities. The AP and honors classes probably are better than regular class. However, is that different elsewhere? Probably not. If you are looking for a school with more traditional values and less uptight "ideology" than most schools these days, Wiregrass is for you. In our experience, they have a focus on education. The administration still makes it a fun atmosphere, with various school spirit days throughout the year. Let me publicly thank the staff, teachers and students for their great work.

Posted June 23, 2011
This is an excellent school. I have two children attending during 2010-2011. They have had nothing but good experiences there. The teachers, and faculty are excellent. In the past I have had them in Catholic, and private schools. The experience at WRHS has been on par with both. For a large public school, it is one of the best in the Metro area. Be confident in sending your children there. Their experiences will be comparable to a private school, IF your children are dedicated to learning and being part of a great educational community.

Posted June 23, 2011
WRHS has one of the best principals in all of pasco county. He has really high school bride and ecpects nothing but the best of his staff and students. The school is still growing and changes are made every year. I graduated class of 09 and still have friends there. Many of them tell me that the school is geting better every year an di believe it. The opertunities that are open to you as a student attending WRHS is not comparable to other schools in the county.

Wiregrass Ranch High School

Posted December 23, 2009
I love my school the classes are great n I have gotten a good high school education so far. The principle is the best he allows learning to be fun and get a quality education at the same time. The school offers a wide variety for ap classes that provides you with plenty of oppertunities to succeed it is truly up to you if you want to succeed or not. I could not ask for a better enviorment to go to school.

Wiregrass Ranch High School
2909 Mansfield Boulevard, Wesley Chapel, FL  33543
Last modified Wiregrass Ranch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.