Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm trying to figure out how in the world this school got three stars. The staff is horrible, they walked around like the world owes them something. They are so use to the life style and attitudes of the kids from around that area that they assume all the kids in that school are "kids from that area". The staff talk to the children like they are out in the streets and my child is not use to much of that street lingo (and yes I'm African American).For the parent who posted on May 27, many parents who volunteer have problems with this school. The staff only supports the "popular" kids and by "popular" I mean kids from around that Sapodilla/Tamarind/Downtown area. Most of the staff knows, hangs with or are related to those children they support the most. Trust me there have been many parents who complained to the district and hopefully the superintendent Robert Avossa looks into this school and makes changes.

I feel that this school is a wonderful environment for the child who is willing to work hard. There are many opportunities for the parents who is willing to volunteer and the child who wants to do more in regards to the arts. My two children have had great teachers who are caring and willing to help them excel. I recommend this school to everyone! Thank you UBK!

I agree with some of you parents. This school is definetely not for everyone. The Principal has conections, and is doing a good job infusing the arts and culture into children that may otherwise never get it. Unfortunately she picks and chooses who will shine and prosper and most of her staff follow her lead. When enrolling your child in UB Kinsey keep in mind that your taking a chance that your child may be ignored. My child was, by her math teacher. This school offers many opportunities to a select few and could be a great school if only it would give every student the same opportunities.

I love this school. My daughter has been attending this school since kindergarten and now her sister will be attending this school year. The staffs are great with her and plus the attention that they give to your children exceed my expectations. I was worry about her reading and they had extra classes to help her. She got a 4 on reading. Plus they help your child/ten in arts program.AA+++ school for me.

no, No, NO! Never again will I allow any of my children to attend this school. The staff is unprofessional and they do not care about the well being of every child. My son is special and they treat him like he is a problem. There is little to no staff training when it comes to working with a special child. I have never had issues with teachers until my son attended this school.

I attended UB when it was Palmview, under Mr. UB Kinsey himself what a privelege that was. I had 4 siblings, 4 of us went to college, 3 went on to higer education: 2 have Masters and one is a MD.

My child attended U.B. Kinsey for the first time this year. I thought that this school had so many different options and that is why I was honored for my child to attend. I tried communicating with the teacher and staff at Kindergarten round up, orientation and on various other occasions about my childs learning abilities. I feel that if you have a child in which you know is in the wrong grade and should be moved up then why not take the child out of their misery. My son unfortunately was left in a classroom where he was unchallenged and made out to be this big trouble maker. My overall experience with U.B. Kinsey was ok. They told you about every activity literally one day ahead and the times in which they held events did not agree with that of a working parents time. So I was never able to attend any PTO meetings and other meetings because I had to work. It is not a bad school but surely not what I thought it would be when I made the choice to send my child there.

The teachers there seem very interested in only their class and not in the overall school. Most not working together.

I think UB Kinsey is a great school. It's just seems hard to get the extra help that a student needs as far as School Based Teams are concerned. All the teachers that I have encountered over the years as a parent have been very good. Sometimes though it seems as if they don't take the parents concerns about there childs learning ability into consideration. A parent knows when there child is lacking in a (me anyway) subject but the staff seems to ignore what a parent is trying to tell them.

I have 4 Children and 3 of them attended UBK and 1 still does. All of my Children are straight A Students and love school thanks to UBK and the Excellent Teachers....... I love UBK

Last modified U. B. Kinsey/Palmview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.