West Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,608

Palm Springs Middle School 1

Posted July 21, 2014
I am not sure about other programs but band program in this school is like joke- teacher does not care about students advancements, nor does he keep up with competitions or enhancement programs...you need private lessons, they will not get your child ready for audition or anything (like other Band Directors do in other schools)and band will play same music each year so challenge for young musician is minimal. My kid is at the Dreyfoos now but I feel that we wasted time with this school, if you want them to go forward- you are on your own here.

Palm Springs Middle School 4

Posted January 10, 2014
I initially enrolled my daughter there because supposedly they had the dual language program. To my dissapointment, they don't. My daughter does like her teachers, school and sports there. But I must agree that their is alot of bullying there. Ive had boys and girls bully her there. On a better note, i do like the fact that there are police officers there. I just think they should b helping more with traffic instead of standing around.

Posted September 23, 2013
Palm Springs Middle School is a pretty good school. I do think that the teachers do a great job. I like that there are policemen there everyday to protect the school. The only thing I am not crazy about for my kids is that there are a lot of bullies. Another thing I'm not crazy about is the parking. The parents can't line up in their cars to pick up their kids until 3:40. Parents start pulling out of their spots and practically hit each other every day. Something needs to be done about that. And if you park on the side of the school and try to get out the kids that walk home take over and it's hard to get out of the parking lot. They should have someone there to help the kids cross and also let the parents leave the parking lot.

Posted June 06, 2013
I go to this school and i love it im in sixth grade moving on to seventh and there have been alot of kids that started out at matter but came back to our school because it was a more quality school. the band and gifted program is great im in both and they are both very enjoyable.i personally think this school should be a ten the teachers are very supportive and great. the teachers also never slack off in their job because there is only a few days left of school and they still continue with work.

Palm Springs Middle School 2

Posted July 26, 2012
Great Teachers and Stuff. My son love this school. I talk to studens who did go in this school and they told that they are not used to the amount of work they getting in High School.

Posted March 14, 2011
First of all, I love this school. I do note that a lot of the high reviews include the band and gifted program. (Both of I am in, so I completely understand.) First, if you are sending your kid here, put them in an arts program instead of gym or being a runner. Having a productive school day is important. I suggest music, orchestra or band (Having being in both.) unless that isn't your child's forte. As for the teachers, they are very helpful in answer's students' questions or helping them extra. A good amount of homework, not too much but good for a healthy middle schooler. As for some of the negative reviews, your child may be part of the...Bottom ten percent, shall we say. And the teachers can get a bit frustrated when their students aren't behaving right, but other than that, if your kid needs academic help, the teachers teach them the best they can and they have plenty of side programs to help your child succeed. I hope this clears up any confusion of some things. Send your child here, you will not regret it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 23, 2009
Listen, this school is amazing.. Im in the 7th grade here and i love the dual-language and band program put your child in one of those programs and you will not here them complaining.. The band teacher rocks.. Mr. M.. Everybody loves him.. And the spanish teachers are awesome..Ms.Z, Mr.P and Ms.V...This is an awesome school!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 16, 2009
This school is amazing if you get into the gifted, arts, or advanced classes programs. If it werent for those programs the school would be terrible. Get into one of those programs if you want to learn more, have fun, and get a family in school. In gifted we learn to love each other and have really become a family. Band and theatre too. Our arts and sports always win. If you dont get into any of those things, good luck.

Posted April 01, 2009
I dont know why there are a lot of bad reviews. Ive been there for two years. I think the school is great and the teachers make sure you understand. Even if we have uniforms we dont have to tuck our shirts in (which I hated in elementary school.) I admit that I get in trouble but its my own fault. The band program is so great that I take it twice. I actually cried when my teacher Mr.Campo said he was moving. Can you believe that; a student crying for a teacher. Mr. M is the bomb so is Mr.Friedman. We miss and love you Mr.Campo

Palm Springs Middle School 4

Posted November 05, 2008
I am shocked by the bad reviews. My son is in the 6th grade and I was very nervous about middle school in general due to him being dyslexic. But I was surprised on how all his teachers are not there just for a pay check there are there to teach and are very willing to work with the parents. I am very pleased with Palm Springs Middle!

1560 Kirk Road, West Palm Beach, FL  33406
Last modified Palm Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Springs Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top