1,354 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

The school in general is a safe environment, but students will have to follow strict rules that have the most ridiculous punishments (etc. detention for no I.D).

My 6th grade year was my golden year in school. The teachers were friendly, we won many awards, and we had a creative atmosphere. However, Baks main golden age is now gone. The strict no-cellphone policy restricts creativity. The principle also turned the pep rallies into a battle of the majors, which often tears the school apart instead of bringing it together. The academic teachers are nice and in 6th grade, the teachers help you make the adjustment to middle school. The Visual Art teachers are the best however. The teachers are willing to help support pretty much any idea you have and will stop at nothing to make it a reality!

This school is unlike any other school! The principal and all the teachers are really nice and cool, which is great! We have awesome pep rallies, performances, clubs, etc. If you are talented at an art form, you really should audition for this school. However, if you want to become a piano major, I wouldn't advise so. Take the word from one. The piano teacher, Dr. G, is too strict and can be a bit of a control freak. She won't let you play pieces you want to play, or your private teacher wants you to play. Also, she is always talking about how bad private teachers are, even though she is one! She chooses pieces for us and says that the pieces our private teachers choose are bad. Along with that, she also thinks that she knows us better than our private teachers, whom we've been with for a long time! I dislike this thought process greatly. Don't worry, though, because at least she can be kind and reasonable sometimes. Besides of this issue, everything else about the school is top-notch!

I go to this school and i love it. I highly recommend it. It is worth all the hard work to pass the auditions.

My son is a 6th grade visual arts major and is very happy in this school. He is a bus rider and so far we have had no problems in the school or on the bus. Bak offers these very talented students lots of opportunities they would normally not have. It is very diverse and yet everyone gets along. I am glad we were given the opportunity to apply for such a great school.

BAK is a great school. It's worth the effort to apply, audition and commute to from across the county. Amazing exp for children

Extroverts only. Introverts need not apply. My daughter is a fantastic artist and writer, but did not get in because she did not speak loudly enough and did not show enough emotion and gestures during audition. It is evident that there is only one personality type on campus when you visit.

Love this school. I'm so happy that my 7th grade girl attend in VISUAL ART PROGRAM.....

This school perfectly met my daughters needs. She is an 8th grade Visual Arts major. The combination of being able to take didactic classes, then art classes in the same day improved her over all school performance. She is in all gifted and advanced courses. She took HS Algebra 1 last year and HS Geometry and HS Spanish this year. It is a tough school and has high demands and expectations. Due to this, she has learned dedication and time management. Her grades are great and she is very enthusiastic about the school. No school is flawless, she has liked some teachers better than others, some classes better than others. These students overall have a high level of self esteem and learn that hard work yields great accomplishments. She is proud to have attended this school.

I attended Bak last year for my eighth grade year, and was very nervous about switching schools in the middle of my middle school career. I came from a Christian School, at which I had a very poor experience. I auditioned for Bak for Theatre as First Choice, and Vocal as Second Choice. I really wanted to pursue Theatre, but I also enjoyed signing. I passed the rigorous auditions for both, however only a spot was available for my second choice, Vocal. I accepted, and was told that if a spot open up for Theatre, I would be accepted into the Theatre program. I started the school year in Vocal, fearing that I would be ostracized and not accepted by others. By lunch time on the first day, I knew that I had encountered a very special school, and that my fears were altogether dumbfounded. I really enjoyed Vocal, but my heart was in the Theatre. I met with the principal (at that time Mrs. Kennedy), and she set up a meeting with Mr. Valentine, the Theatre Dean. I spoke with them, and we talked for quite a bit, and they ultimately told me they would let me know. I ended up switching to Theatre, and I had a superb year. I thoroughly enjoyed both Arts and Academic classes. Best School EVER

Last modified Bak Middle School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.