1,354 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 10, 2015
The Visual Art Department has helped me greatly and has inspired me to create and dream the impossible.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted September 10, 2015
Buses may have problems with overflow and does not do a good job with transportation.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 10, 2015
The school in general is a safe environment, but students will have to follow strict rules that have the most ridiculous punishments (etc. detention for no I.D).

Bak Middle School Of The Arts 3

Posted September 10, 2015
My 6th grade year was my golden year in school. The teachers were friendly, we won many awards, and we had a creative atmosphere. However, Baks main golden age is now gone. The strict no-cellphone policy restricts creativity. The principle also turned the pep rallies into a battle of the majors, which often tears the school apart instead of bringing it together. The academic teachers are nice and in 6th grade, the teachers help you make the adjustment to middle school. The Visual Art teachers are the best however. The teachers are willing to help support pretty much any idea you have and will stop at nothing to make it a reality!

Posted March 21, 2015
This school is unlike any other school! The principal and all the teachers are really nice and cool, which is great! We have awesome pep rallies, performances, clubs, etc. If you are talented at an art form, you really should audition for this school. However, if you want to become a piano major, I wouldn't advise so. Take the word from one. The piano teacher, Dr. G, is too strict and can be a bit of a control freak. She won't let you play pieces you want to play, or your private teacher wants you to play. Also, she is always talking about how bad private teachers are, even though she is one! She chooses pieces for us and says that the pieces our private teachers choose are bad. Along with that, she also thinks that she knows us better than our private teachers, whom we've been with for a long time! I dislike this thought process greatly. Don't worry, though, because at least she can be kind and reasonable sometimes. Besides of this issue, everything else about the school is top-notch!

Posted February 06, 2015
I go to this school and i love it. I highly recommend it. It is worth all the hard work to pass the auditions.

Posted December 11, 2014
My son is a 6th grade visual arts major and is very happy in this school. He is a bus rider and so far we have had no problems in the school or on the bus. Bak offers these very talented students lots of opportunities they would normally not have. It is very diverse and yet everyone gets along. I am glad we were given the opportunity to apply for such a great school.

Posted June 05, 2014
BAK is a great school. It's worth the effort to apply, audition and commute to from across the county. Amazing exp for children

Bak Middle School Of The Arts 3

Posted April 10, 2014
Extroverts only. Introverts need not apply. My daughter is a fantastic artist and writer, but did not get in because she did not speak loudly enough and did not show enough emotion and gestures during audition. It is evident that there is only one personality type on campus when you visit.

Posted January 30, 2014
Love this school. I'm so happy that my 7th grade girl attend in VISUAL ART PROGRAM.....

1725 Echo Lake Drive, West Palm Beach, FL  33407
Last modified Bak Middle School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bak Middle School Of The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 136 reviews. Top