No rating

Arthur I Meyer Jewish Academy

Private | K-8

Living in West Palm Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $48,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,170.

Posted October 14, 2014

At Meyer Academy our children are thriving. Academically, they are challenged, but more importantly they are being taught the valuable lessons of how to function in the real world. They are being asked to think, problem solve and collaborate. The new building is beautiful and the community is welcoming. Meyer is the perfect fit for our family.

Posted August 20, 2014

Do not send your child to Meyer Academy. The administration is uncaring and displays none of the values you would expect a Jewish day school. We are appalled at how our family was treated!

Posted May 5, 2014

Meyer Academy is a great school. I am pleased with the education my child receives, the small class sizes, and the nurturing environment. I know that with the academic accolades bestowed upon the school and the success of its recent graduates, this is the place for us. We are super excited about the new campus for Fall 2014!

Posted September 21, 2010

My daughter loves to learn and has fun. Her teachers are great, the classes are small and she gets a lot of individual attention.

Posted September 29, 2009

i truly believe that this school far excel in academics both publicly and privately,however again not enough emphasis provided for arts/music/band.another concern i feel there is too much hours in the day spent on hebrew studies..leaving those that are struggling with needed academics of life left out in the cold...beacuse hebrew/jewishes studies have overloaded the school day.and not enough on needed academics...

Posted January 11, 2009

Meyer is a great school. Eventhough the discipline level is very high it still is a very good school. Also if you have a bar/bat mitzvah you dont have to go to hebrew school. That is one of the advantages at meyer. Im in 6th grade and has been attending this school through kindergarden. If you are comparing this school to any other in the county, Meyer is # 1!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 28, 2007

As I am now reviewing area High School options for my 8th-grader, including the new IB program at the International High School of the Palm Beaches here at Meyer Academy, I am repeatedly told by other area public school administrators how superiorly prepared the Meyer graduates are. Changing classes at a young age prepares them not only for middle school and high school, but it allows a valuable life lesson learned at an early age on how to deal with many teaching personalities and styles rather than the 'class teacher/parent' model in most public elementary schools. Free afterschool tutoring and multi-staffed homework centers are a blessing when the student needs a little extra attention. Communication between parent and teachers/admin is free-flowing and easy by phone or email. Its a comfort to now realize that we made the right choice in choosing Meyer Academy for our children's academic career.

Posted November 27, 2007

We have 2 students at Meyer Academy and couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are great and the prinicpal/adminstration are very responsive to our concerns. Our children start their second language (Hebrew) in kindergarten and the classes are taught in Hebrew so the kids really learn how to read, write and speak this second language at an early age. The secular education is the best available in Palm Beach county. We are very excited that the new high school will be starting in the Fall of 2008 and llok forward to our children being able to continue their education in the Meyer Academy system.

Posted October 23, 2007

We have had children at the school for 10 years. It has been a wonderful experience seeing our children grow and develop in such a nurturing environment. The teachers are great! The middle school sports program is growing and improving every year. The graduates are well prepared for high school. The middle school is starting an I.B. program which will only add the the strong academic environment. The Jewish studies program is as good as it gets!

Posted October 21, 2007

Meyer Academy has been a fantastic experience for my children. My 5th, 3rd, and 1st graders love going to school since we switched from a prominent local private school. My children, who I believe were bored at the previous school, were immediately challenged and have thrived. The school subdivides multiple subjects based on student skills, and tracks student's progress. If a student is performing at a high level, they will be moved to a more advanced class. The same holds true for a student who is not doing well. The best part of the school, after the experienced and quality teachers, is easily the administration. Our only reservation was the lack of a high school, but now the school has committed to a high school - with a 9th grade starting in 2008. I cannot be happier with the school and how my children are being taught.

Posted October 16, 2007

I have had the privilege of watching the school grow over the last 25 years - it has been remarkable! The quality of the education is second to none in both general and Jewish studies. Any prospective parents must visit the school and see the children in action in class to truly understand the magic of the Meyer Academy.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 16, 2007

Fabulous school. I couldn't say more good things about it. The atmosphere is warm and caring. The teachers and administration are fabulous. We have two children there and a third on the way and could not be happier.

Posted October 15, 2007

I have been very involved with the school since my first child entered it as a Kindergarten student when it was called the Jewish Community Day School. I have been active on the Executive Board and continue to serve on the Board of Directors currently. All three of my children attended the school through middle school. The administration and teaching staff were professional and provided a warm and nurturing environment. All three of my children attended Suncoast Community High School in the IB program and graduated with honors. I believe that the education they received at the Meyer Academy (formally the Jewish Community Day School) was excellent and prepared them for success in a public high school. They participated in many sports and enjoyed their experience at the school. As a parent, you can be involved as deeply as you choose to be. The program speaks for itself.

Posted September 10, 2007

Academically this school was at a high level for most subjects. There was however an unusually high number of children involved in cliques and my child received no support from a social perspective as a new student in first grade.

Posted July 8, 2007

Meyer has been an all around wonderful experience for my kids who have gone from kindergarten to middle school. The environment is nurturing to the students and contrary to this review, extremely welcoming to parents. Parents are welcomed to volunteer and observe and although discipline needs to come from both the school and home, I feel that that there are consequences for negative actions. No one is ever ALWAYS happy at any school and what I love about Meyer is that if you do have an issue, you can contact your child's teacher or administration and they welcome your feedback and try to do what they can to make the situation better.

Posted July 3, 2007

Warm and caring applies to most of the teachers but not the administration. Very large quantity of Judaic enrichment and teaching of giving to charity; oxymoron for this school -- they certainly do not practice what they preach. Do not help families in emergencies or in need -- they are out for money. My child spent one year. No arts< music, sports that are worth anything cannot compete with the advantages of benjamin school

Posted July 3, 2007

We moved to the area two years ago and looked at several schools. Meyer is hands-down the best school in Palm Beach County. It is rigorous, the kids are disciplined, it is the warmest and most inviting place for learning that we have found, and the families are friendly and involved. I give the school top marks!

Posted June 26, 2007

I attended Meyer Academy from fifth to seventh grade. I one hundred percent discourage your child from attending this school. The only advantage is the Judaic Studies, but honestly, they are dismal. Although I think this is a terrible school, if you are deciding between this and a non-Jewish school including public school, I beg you to choose Meyer.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 6, 2007

Meyer has a warm, caring, and loving staff. Most of the teachers go above and beyond to make sure children are successful. Teaching time is integrated with character lessons that children take with them forever. Treating each other with respect is a predominant theme throughout the school- even when parents don't want to admit their children did something inappropriate. Most of my child's teachers created a class environment that was stimulating, interesting, and creative. Teachers stay after school and offer free tutoring daily. This time period may be required by the administration, but many give up part of their lunch and prep times to tutor students as well. Middle school teachers take their roles seriously and prepare students for high levels of academic success in high school. Strategies for success are focused upon. High school was easy for my child after this intense preparation!Great job Meyer faculty!!!!!

Posted May 17, 2007

Phenomenal academic institution. Caring, Nuturing of its children.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Jewish
Associations
  • JCDSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3261 North Military Trail