718 students|Broward

Bad
Good

It's excellent. The instructions are great. The theater are nice. Easy Park. Small but modern

What a great school! Best kept secret in Weston.... while most parents go to Gator Run, Everglades, etc.. our kids attended Indian Trace - a small and very caring Elementary School. Teachers are amazing! The staff really cares and both of my kids did an awesome job! (One did the gifted program and the other regular classes). Only good things to say about IT- the smallest, oldest but BEST elementary school for your kids :)

Awesome Staff and Teachers. Great school. PTA very active. Principal very involved. Small school with a very friendly community feel.

Love this school! The teachers are great along with the staff. The Principal and Asst Principal are amazing and really down to earth. The staff encourage parent and student participation in events, making it a welcoming school. Also, parents receive schoolwide news on pretty much a weekly basis via an automated call and email. My kids attend the aftercare and love it. I enjoy how aftercare parents receive pictures via snapfish; gives parents a glimpse of their children's day.

Really happy with this school. It is the smallest in Weston, which is perfect for the little ones. The new principal is AMAZING! She is proactive and cares about the kids and the school. I only have positive things to say.

They are starting a Spanish English Immersion program starting in Kindergarten. This is happening at Eagle Point and Manatee elementary as well! Go weston schools!

Really like the school, specially now with the new staff (including new Principal and key new members). In fact, they have a good structure, facilities but it depends a lot on the teacher / support you child have, and consequently the level of adaptation, motivation and development of your child. My 2 boys have just started on Gifted program and I can clearly see their faster development and excitement, as part of this great program. They both have excellent teachers. We are all very happy :)

I have to say my experience was one that was shocking! I am not going to keep my child at this school. They do not communicate with the parents on a basis as needed. I would not recommend this school for any child with special needs!

The front office staff is rude. The Principal needs to take responsibility for her students. Some of the teachers are very kind but others are not as well educated and some should not be working with student. Their is a definite lack of communication.

On the fence about this. I'll have to wait until my 5th Grader goes on to middle school next year and then I'll have an idea on how well this school prepared him. From the outside and by that I mean the statistics and all the accolades that point to it, this school is great. My wife and I both hold graduate degrees and when we question some of the work, both by students and teachers, i feel like we get the cold shoulder. I think this leads to resentment and then of course it's taken out on my child and not me. I can only hear stories of "the teacher is on her cell phone all day" so many times and consistently so, before i have to believe that's what's going on. I'm tempted to attach a hidden camera somewhere to find out the truth. We had a death in the family last year and when my son, who naturally was not his usual self for some time after, expressed his feelings his teacher told him to "get over it." The teacher's definitely are "clique" and they play favorites to the parents they happen to be friends with and their respective kids. I guess I'm not surprised as the City of Weston is like that in general and most of the staff are residents as well.

Last modified Indian Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.