Posted September 17, 2014
Love this school! The teachers are great along with the staff. The Principal and Asst Principal are amazing and really down to earth. The staff encourage parent and student participation in events, making it a welcoming school. Also, parents receive schoolwide news on pretty much a weekly basis via an automated call and email. My kids attend the aftercare and love it. I enjoy how aftercare parents receive pictures via snapfish; gives parents a glimpse of their children's day.

Posted August 15, 2014
Really happy with this school. It is the smallest in Weston, which is perfect for the little ones. The new principal is AMAZING! She is proactive and cares about the kids and the school. I only have positive things to say.

Indian Trace Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Really like the school, specially now with the new staff (including new Principal and key new members). In fact, they have a good structure, facilities but it depends a lot on the teacher / support you child have, and consequently the level of adaptation, motivation and development of your child. My 2 boys have just started on Gifted program and I can clearly see their faster development and excitement, as part of this great program. They both have excellent teachers. We are all very happy :)

Indian Trace Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
I have to say my experience was one that was shocking! I am not going to keep my child at this school. They do not communicate with the parents on a basis as needed. I would not recommend this school for any child with special needs!

Indian Trace Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
The front office staff is rude. The Principal needs to take responsibility for her students. Some of the teachers are very kind but others are not as well educated and some should not be working with student. Their is a definite lack of communication.

Indian Trace Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2011
On the fence about this. I'll have to wait until my 5th Grader goes on to middle school next year and then I'll have an idea on how well this school prepared him. From the outside and by that I mean the statistics and all the accolades that point to it, this school is great. My wife and I both hold graduate degrees and when we question some of the work, both by students and teachers, i feel like we get the cold shoulder. I think this leads to resentment and then of course it's taken out on my child and not me. I can only hear stories of "the teacher is on her cell phone all day" so many times and consistently so, before i have to believe that's what's going on. I'm tempted to attach a hidden camera somewhere to find out the truth. We had a death in the family last year and when my son, who naturally was not his usual self for some time after, expressed his feelings his teacher told him to "get over it." The teacher's definitely are "clique" and they play favorites to the parents they happen to be friends with and their respective kids. I guess I'm not surprised as the City of Weston is like that in general and most of the staff are residents as well.

Posted March 21, 2011
My child is in the gifted program at ITE because his 1st grade teacher (phenomenal woman) kept an eye on him through the year and really encouraged us to have him tested. I have to say that the teachers care and communication is outstanding, the classroom size is that of a private institution, the facilities are clean, nice, and safe, and the PTA involvement truly makes a difference in the programs available to our kids. My son has been offered a spot in the CITY Academy for the arts, mathematics and science at Parkway and the program seems superb, but the facilities and the surrounding community is such a stark contrast to ITE that we would never send him there after having such a wonderful experience at ITE.

Indian Trace Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2010
I can't say whether this is a good school or not these days, but you cannot fairly judge a school by the size of its office or it's lack of color. Also, it would be inappropriate for the staff to say negative things about other schools. This is a public school and it's part of a larger system. The schools in the area are probably very similar. The size of the office has nothing to do with the education and care that are provided. Again, I am out of touch with this school, but I just think you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Indian Trace Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2010
I went here a couple years ago. Those were the best years of my life! The teachers were well educated and well aware what they were doing. The discipline was perfect! No child left behind! This has to be the best elementary school in America! This school could use a 20,000 dollar grant.

Posted January 13, 2010
I am so pleased to have my child in this school. His teachers have been caring and inspiring. As a teacher myself, I understand the value of the education my son is getting at this school. I would not hesitate to send my daughter when she is older.

Indian Trace Elementary School
400 Indian Trace, Weston, FL  33326
Last modified Indian Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Trace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top