720 students|Orange

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My kids study at this school, excellent experience, great teacher, great students, great building, organize and clean

Our grandchildren are receiving an excellent education from superior teachers. They are reading years above their grade level and are excited to go every day. They love the variety of extra curricular activities. The staff communicates in an excellent fashion. The facility itself is beautiful. As a retired teacher from a top rated district I see many of the qualities that are reflected in an A plus school. The administration is dedicated and strong! A necessity! The faculty are talented and hard working. Unfortunately their hands are tied with the core curriculum. I hope more accelerated and gifted classes will be offered.

Develops character: Neutral

My children have been at this school since it opened. In the beginning I was very impressed but not anymore. There are some teachers at this school who think they are so much better than others. My son told me about two teachers in his hallway who are constantly fighting. I've heard teachers talking about other teacher (not in a positive way) at different events. Get back to the way you were when the school opened. Support your co- workers. That's what good teachers do! Stop thinking you're all that. Each teacher has their own talents. Give them a chance to shine!

I'd like to thank the teachers at SunRidge ES for all their hard work and dedication to our children. They are very caring and will do anything to help students succeed. I spend time in my children's classrooms each week and honestly don't know how teachers do it! There are many teachers who even tutor students before school on their own time without any compensation for themselves. I haven't seen a staff of teachers (K-5) who care more about their students then SR teachers. Bravo!!!

A "C" rated Principal = A "C" rated school. There is little or no concern for the students growth and development. Committees, administration and groups accept the below average rating and do minimal to improve.

Absolutley LOVE Sunridge!!! I have had nothing but a great experience at Sunridge! Teachers and admin have nothing but the best interest of their students in mind.

Wow, unless the board changes the principle, this school will not change. I have both my kids in this elementary and have had a plateau of issues that have gone ignored. I have raised my concerns to the school board and that is the only way to get any action from administration. How can the middle school get a better rating? Teachers are weak and education is strongly lacking. I'm so disappointed I moved into this areas 2 years ago and was forced to send my children here.

Unless the administration changes this school will continue to let down the children and parents. I gave the school one star for being clean and organized, at least to an outside eye. Time after time the school will disregard concerns if students and parents and their primary concern is thee budget, not educating young minds.

Awful parent involvement and it shows. A lot of parents in this area are focused on having the latest cell phone or rims on their car instead of reading to their children and caring for them. It's very sad! You couldn't pay me to send my kids back there!

So after the first year this school has been open, it has received a 'C' rating...even with all the great teachers, active administration, and brand new technology. One of the very obvious main issues here is parent involvement. Teachers, PTO, and a few involved parents have noticed this lack of parent involvement all during the first year of operation. Lack of the parent's interest in the students education will continue to hold this school back from "making the grade". There are too many choices for A rated elementary schools in the local area to 'settle' for a Florida 'C' rated school.

Last modified Sunridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.