Winter Park, FL
Students enrolled: 2,159

Posted December 07, 2012
We have a freshman and a junior at Lake Howell High. Our kids "love" Lake Howell. They love the sports teams they are on and the clubs they are involved in. They used to think that they wanted to go to Oviedo when they were in middle school but say now that they are glad they are at Lake Howell.

Lake Howell High School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
I am the grandmother of one of your students.My grandson faces some challenges at home and he was doing so poorly in school for 9th and 10 grades. This year the school placed him in a special program for him to try to make up the work he had missed and he has blossomed. I am so grateful to the school because left unattended to he would have eventually dropped out of school and God only knows what else. He was going is such a bad direction. Today he is thriving, still facing his challenges at home but well on his way to a happy adulthood. Thank you so very much for the program that steps in and says no you will not fail. This is a very bright kid and you were there when he needed you badly. Thanks again.

Lake Howell High School 2

Posted March 10, 2010
Speaking as a student here, I can honestly say this is not one of the best schools to attend, especially if you intend on being in honors classes. The faculty really doesn't care about the students, and all they want is money. They are getting rid of regular and honors classes so students have no choice but to take AP classes, so they get more money, and get higher ratings. They then punish all the students because so many kids that aren't ready for AP fail. If you have a choice, don't go here.

Posted October 05, 2009
The faculty are the best in seminole county always interested in helping the students succeed! I love being a Silver Hawk parent!

Posted August 31, 2009
Although our facilities are well below par, the extracurricular sponsors are incredibly creative and make excellent use of the resources we do have. A few of the outstanding employees I have come to highly respect are Mrs. Skipper and Mr. Brendlinger. I had Mrs. Skipper two years straight- one for English II hon, one for AP Lang- and she consistently offers each student individual attention and concern. Even now, I visit her regularly for help on my college applications and she cheerfully guides me to the right course of action. Mr. Brendlinger is the theatrical director. He is greatly committed to the program and offers opportunities rare to any Florida school. We perform an average of twelve student-directed plays a year. Our performances are entirely student-run. We also receive huge donations from Disney and a yearly free workshop with famous make-up artists. GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!

Lake Howell High School 0

Posted August 11, 2009
Disappointed in this school. From reviews and data prior to enrolling my child, I expected a more achievement oriented student, teacher, and administration. Administration seems to value bringing lagging students to higher level, and not enough importance (focus and support of AP and Honors classes) to high achieving students. For all High Schools, the No Child Left Behind handicapps Florida schools into an emphasis on the low achieving versus nurturing the bright, capable students. President Clinton said the education crisis in Florida is comprable to the poverty crisis in Haiti.

Posted August 10, 2009
Lake Howell High School seems to have a nice edge to it.I love the expectations that they serve

Lake Howell High School 1

Posted February 07, 2009
The administration at this school is awful. Cannot have meaningful dialog. They are always going to look into things with no resolution ever offered. I have to agree with the other post about no support for parental participation.

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted September 15, 2008
There are truly fantastic teachers at this school. The arts at Lake Howell are in the top 90% in Seminole County despite perhaps the worst facilities, and sports programs have allowed several atheletes - most recently Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos - reach the highest level.

Lake Howell High School
4200 Dike Road, Winter Park, FL  32792
Last modified Lake Howell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Howell High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top