Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 17, 2015
Thank you Mr. Abel for pushing the students to do their best and making yourself available to help them achieve their best. Thank you to Ms. Zifer & Ms. Morrison for the extra time you put in with running club, boosting students confidence & health.

Barber Middle School 5

Posted November 17, 2015
We heard a lot of rumors and were very concerned about our son's transition to Barber Middle School. We have been pleasantly surprised. The office staff & campus officer have always been friendly & my son has not witnessed any bullying in his first year at Barber. My son's teachers are very dedicated and responsive. My son's math teacher, Mr. Abel, is ALWAYS at the school... no matter what time or event. I am impressed with how many teachers make themselves available before and after school for help. My son is excelling academically and enjoys being part of their superb music programs. He also participates in RSP & Running Club. Where else will you find teachers who volunteer to get up before 6:00 am on a Saturday to mentor & run alongside your student?

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 20, 2015
A parent of a special needs student also had a similar experience with this school. This child was physically disabled and in a wheel chair. The student got angry one day and they put him in handcuffs! The kid cannot even get up and walk, but he was cuffed!!!

Barber Middle School 1

Posted October 20, 2015
I can describe my child’s experience with this school in one word—TRAUMATIZING. My son has autism, and was placed in co-taught classes; but the teachers, social worker and administration knew nothing about his disability or how to teach him. Rather than looking at ways to help him, they just wanted him out. Their focus was on making the environment so hostile and intimidating that I would have no other choice but to withdraw him. There was one incident that was so bad that my child just put his head down on the desk and started crying. This led to a nosebleed and instead of helping him they just let him sit there and bleed all over the desk; didn’t even give him a tissue. It got to the point that I didn’t feel my son was safe at that school, so I withdrew him. I decided to move to a MUCH better school district where they have teachers that are well trained and care about their students; and now my son is doing much better! If you have a kid with special needs, avoid this school if at all possible.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 20, 2015
Teachers have no education or training on how to work with kids that have special needs, yet they are hired as special ed teachers. I ended up giving them information on my son's disability and how to help him. This still didn't help. I can only assume they are indifferent and do not care.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 20, 2015
The faculty and staff at this school show no respect towards their students, and are not capable of teaching it either.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 20, 2015
They were hostile to me and my child. He was called names, harassed and bullied by the staff. I felt my child was not safe attending this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 20, 2015
The faculty and staff are indifferent to children with disabilities and the challenges they face. They have no integrity, honest or sense of fairness; and therefore, are unable to develop that in their students.

Barber Middle School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
The principal is the problem at this school. She doesn't care about the kids or the teachers. She doesn't listen or interact with parents; she's only concerned about her looks and appearance. She is defensive and aloof. She needs to step down asap.

Barber Middle School 1

Posted April 14, 2015
This school is more concerned about getting a pay check than actually teaching the kids. They spend more time on petty stuff than teaching. They do everything they can to keep you in the dark about your child's learning. I feel like my child is an entire year behind. No review of tests, my child had to check the blogs daily just to see what he made on a test and then they would not review them so he is left with not knowing the correct answers to anything. I am transferring my child out of this school as it has been a complete waste. From the admin to the teaching staff..

4222 Cantrell Rd Nw, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Barber Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barber Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top