Posted August 05, 2014
Terrible school. The principal is very fake and is more concerned with her appearance than she is the students. If you try to go talk to her, they won't let you. Now I see why more and more parents are choosing home school these days. The connections classes are wonderful. There are also a handful of ac teachers who are as well: Eby, Carroll, and Also Mr. Ruiz and Abel. That's it.

Posted July 09, 2014
I used to go there two years ago and it was better when i was an 8th grader there. However, the have become more strict because of the upcoming 8th graders. The school is very relaxed and really deal with no issue at all. But the school s very good if you are concerned about academics. Though i believe the school should have more cameras especially behind the auditorium. There are things that happen down there that no one knows about. And they should really lock teacher workroom doors. Kids go in there to do..certain things.

Posted June 17, 2014
I'm a student, and this is one of the worst schools I've been to. There are drugs, violence, and bullying issues here. The worst part is, the administration doesn't care! If you are thinking about sending your children here, rethink immediately!

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is a nightmare. They did not do anything special for the students. They were not even allowed to have an 8th grade formal or a field trip. The administrators claim to support the students but do not allow them to do anything. What kind of school does that?

Posted May 10, 2014
The school doesn't know how to deal with sexual harassment. Guys never leave me alone and follow me in between classes and the administration just tells me it's because of their age and I should be flattered.

Posted April 22, 2014
I am an 8th grade student at Barber. Unfortunately, I cannot say this is a good school. There are many issues concerning meeting with the principle, bullying, and even attendance keeping. My fellow classmates and I have been to the principle numerous times about bullying and nothing has changed. The students go unpunished. They get a slap on the wrist (metaphorically) and that's it. My father has tried to meet with the principle more than once, but has recieved no form of contact from her or anyone ele in the office. I am a child with not the best health. I have a bad kidney, sever migraines, and that isn't the end of it. I have went to doctors, and have excuses, but they have failed to count them as excused. Ther excuse was "We cannot go back more than 3 days." Which they have done before. So overall, if you have a choice between Barber and another school, choose the other school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Seriously? I'm sure if he was a fetus then everyone there would be looking out for him.

Posted November 08, 2013
JUst Google "Texas school tosses 6th grader s breakfast in trash after he can t pay 30 cents" and you will see the rest.

Barber Middle School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
Bullying is a very hard issue here... I think Barber Middle School is a good school I just find it hard for kids to listen in class when students constantly talk and continue to be disrespectful to teachers. I also don't think that the staff pays attention to the language the kids use. The connections teachers are the best thing you can learn at barber. Overall its an average school.

Posted September 21, 2013
Reading these old reviews nothing has changed ,you can feel the tension . Principal although being accessible is happy to meet with you to insult between the lines . Use email and text to minimize contact with parents. The use of their own judicial system within school and apparent use of labeling and judgement can be detected after first contact not long before the tarnish shows through the silver. I feel sorry for the 1 or 2 exceptional teachers who are stuck there. This school is an easy read a pig in a skirt is still a pig in a skirt . I do like the distance to the school and that its clean. The school can improve by letting the parents parent and teachers teach. Stop complicating communication with parents with deflection ,detect disgruntled employees with teachers who want to work. less bleach

Barber Middle School
4222 Cantrell Rd NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Barber Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barber Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top