Acworth, GA
Students enrolled: 1,045

Barber Middle School 3

Posted May 31, 2015
The principal is the problem at this school. She doesn't care about the kids or the teachers. She doesn't listen or interact with parents; she's only concerned about her looks and appearance. She is defensive and aloof. She needs to step down asap.

Posted April 14, 2015
This school is more concerned about getting a pay check than actually teaching the kids. They spend more time on petty stuff than teaching. They do everything they can to keep you in the dark about your child's learning. I feel like my child is an entire year behind. No review of tests, my child had to check the blogs daily just to see what he made on a test and then they would not review them so he is left with not knowing the correct answers to anything. I am transferring my child out of this school as it has been a complete waste. From the admin to the teaching staff..

Posted August 05, 2014
Terrible school. The principal is very fake and is more concerned with her appearance than she is the students. If you try to go talk to her, they won't let you. Now I see why more and more parents are choosing home school these days. The connections classes are wonderful. There are also a handful of ac teachers who are as well: Eby, Carroll, and Also Mr. Ruiz and Abel. That's it.

Barber Middle School 2

Posted July 09, 2014
I used to go there two years ago and it was better when i was an 8th grader there. However, the have become more strict because of the upcoming 8th graders. The school is very relaxed and really deal with no issue at all. But the school s very good if you are concerned about academics. Though i believe the school should have more cameras especially behind the auditorium. There are things that happen down there that no one knows about. And they should really lock teacher workroom doors. Kids go in there to do..certain things.

Posted June 17, 2014
I'm a student, and this is one of the worst schools I've been to. There are drugs, violence, and bullying issues here. The worst part is, the administration doesn't care! If you are thinking about sending your children here, rethink immediately!

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is a nightmare. They did not do anything special for the students. They were not even allowed to have an 8th grade formal or a field trip. The administrators claim to support the students but do not allow them to do anything. What kind of school does that?

Barber Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2014
The school doesn't know how to deal with sexual harassment. Guys never leave me alone and follow me in between classes and the administration just tells me it's because of their age and I should be flattered.

Posted April 22, 2014
I am an 8th grade student at Barber. Unfortunately, I cannot say this is a good school. There are many issues concerning meeting with the principle, bullying, and even attendance keeping. My fellow classmates and I have been to the principle numerous times about bullying and nothing has changed. The students go unpunished. They get a slap on the wrist (metaphorically) and that's it. My father has tried to meet with the principle more than once, but has recieved no form of contact from her or anyone ele in the office. I am a child with not the best health. I have a bad kidney, sever migraines, and that isn't the end of it. I have went to doctors, and have excuses, but they have failed to count them as excused. Ther excuse was "We cannot go back more than 3 days." Which they have done before. So overall, if you have a choice between Barber and another school, choose the other school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Seriously? I'm sure if he was a fetus then everyone there would be looking out for him.

Posted November 08, 2013
JUst Google "Texas school tosses 6th grader s breakfast in trash after he can t pay 30 cents" and you will see the rest.

Barber Middle School
4222 Cantrell Rd NW, Acworth, GA  30101
Last modified Barber Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barber Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top