No rating

Alpharetta International Academy

Private | PK-4

Student diversity

Living in Alpharetta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $316,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted March 11, 2013

AIA instills a love for learning. Both my children are excited to go to school. My daughter left AIA with all the tools for academic success, - enthusiasm, curiosity, organization, and advanced or accelerated academics. My son is in kindergarten doing work that elsewhere would be a second grade level. And he loves it! The teachers and staff all work to bring out the best in each, individual child. Wonderful, relaxed learning environment...this school is a treasure.

Posted May 21, 2012

Wonderful school. My son benefitted a lot from this school. Very nurturing and academically the best. Many teachers have been here for a long time.

Posted January 17, 2012

I enrolled my daughter 3 years ago, after seeing my niece and nephew's academic development at this Montessori school. My daughter is 6 years old now and we couldn't be happier with the results. The school has several activities that allow parents to participate in the children's education and see how their classroom works. The teachers and the entire staff have always been helpful to us and have demonstrated throughout the years how much they care about every student.

Posted January 11, 2012

I read the reviews on this site before visiting it. I told the Primary School director about the issues mentioned in the reviews. She was not offended when I asked her about the school leadership and and answered all of my concerns. My children were new to the Montessori method of teaching. I had many questions. Again all were answered. My twins were enrolled this past fall, each in a different class. The Primary school director did an excellent job placing them in classrooms with teachers that fit each child's personality. The head of the school hosts a monthly coffee for parents. She presents on a particular topic. Parents are free to ask any questions on the topic or about any other topic. The discussions are lively and informative. She knows me, my husband and my children by name. The teachers are easily accessible to parents. Parents have the opportunity to volunteer in the classrooms and at various school functions. The teachers are excellent educators. Our academic expectations have been met and exceded. I looked at multiple private schools in and around Johns Creek, plus our local well respected public school. Our children will continue their education here.

Posted July 30, 2011

This is a wonderful school. We will be entering our 8th year at the school, where all 4 of my children have attended from pre-primary into the elementary years. The school is run by people who care deeply about what is best for the children. It saddens me to read the negative reviews here, knowing how much the people that run this school care about children and making the school the fabulous environment it is. The best testament is the children coming out of it. Spend some time observing all levels at the school to get a sense of the amazing things they are doing, and decide for yourself if you are considering the school. No single environment is right for every child, but I have seen amazing things happen with a huge range of children in this school.

Posted March 2, 2011

Very disappointed with the teacher in my child's class. We kept giving the benefit of doubt to her teacher for 2-1/2 years, not the right choice on hindsight. We immediately pulled our child out when we realized her teacher who is also the primary principal was not fair to all the kids. A close door policy, lack of upper management just made the situation worse not to mention delayed our decision. It's her way or the highway and the owner is elderly and has pretty much handed over the reins. Will not recommend this school.

Posted August 23, 2010

This school used to be great. Today I would not enroll my child there anymore. They try to make up for lack of leadership by tighten the rules to the absurd. Horrible atmosphere!

Posted March 27, 2010

The sense of community comes from good parents not from the faculty. The administration is marginal at best. The director is never on campus and there is zero leadership. Before you enroll, do your research. There are cracks in the foundation that will become evident if you do your homework.

Posted August 11, 2009

My son has attended AIA for three years. It has given him an excellent foundation that will help him grow as a person. Students are treated on their own merits. Teaching each at their own pace.

Posted February 4, 2008

My son is now 8 years old. He is in the second grade program at AIA. He has attended this school since he was 18 months. He is now accompanied by his two little sistes. The sense of community and quality of education are phenominal. He has a passion for learning which I attribute primarily to his educational experience from AIA.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious