No rating

Nesbit Ferry Montessori School

Private | PK-4

Living in Alpharetta

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted March 3, 2014

My son is currently a pre-primary (ages 2-3) student at Nesbit Ferry Montessori. The school is exceptional and we are extremely pleased with the curriculum, teachers and administration. The school provides a rich learning environment that is unparalleled. It's incredible to witness how much my two year is learning each day. Love this school. Highly recommend!

Posted January 21, 2014

This school is highly regarded as a strong academic and cultural program. Excellent teachers. Great learning environment. Healthy meals. Very well organized and trustworthy. There is no doubt that this school is the best place to send your child. Not only the teachers genuinely love the kids but everyone is accessible. It's a great pleasure to hear the kids say please and thank you without being prompted. My son went to this school from KG till 4th grade and this school has done wonders on him. This school has helped him develop into a caring, more responsible, well mannered, social and capable good citizen. One of the best school in the region.

Posted January 21, 2014

One of the best schools in the region. Excellent teachers. Great learning environment. Healthy meals. Very well organized and trustworthy. There is no doubt that this school is the best place to send your child. Not only the teachers genuinely love the kids but everyone is accessible. Going to this school has done wonders on my son and helped him to develop a caring, more responsible, social and capable good citizen. Thanks to all the teachers of Nesbit Ferry Montessori.

Posted January 21, 2014

Our journey started almost 14 years ago and what an amazing journey it has been for me and my three daughters. Nothing public or private compares to what my girls got at NFM. It was like a family and I love how they were concerned about my whole child, teaching them independence, building their inner strength and self esteem, and giving them the power to find answers for themselves. Academically NFM gave the girls the best start they could have! We will forever be grateful for the school and the staff that guided our children. They have provided a constant loving and nurturing environment. I didn't worry about leaving them and my kids were happy and excited to go to school everyday. From the first day when I visited the school Ms Robin was a constant figure and welcomed them and made them feel at home. The last thing I would like to say is I love how they taught the children to be kind. The staff showed their kindness within our school community as well as our local community. We collected food in the fall, clothes in the winter, and sang at our local elderly home. Nesbit Ferry taught my children to be good stewards of our community and to be good friends to one another.

Posted December 26, 2013

We enrolled my daughter as full day student in pre-primary class. Unfortunately, she was the only one. She was shuttled from her class at 12:30 to the after-care class. We were told that she would be sent to the primary class in the noon. On checking with the after-care teacher, I was told that all primary kids who take naps come to the after-care class at 12:30 and stay there. When I confronted the director about it, she agreed that this was the case. There is no routine/ structure in this class. Craft work seemed the only source of keeping them occupied. The director said that due to disparity in the age of kids, they would not be able to provide structured activities. She has learned little in her 5 month stay in this school. But she loved the songs and rhymes taught by her excellent asst. teacher. And they helped her get potty trained. Cons Misleading information given by the director on several fronts No structure/ routine/ activities in the aftercare class After-care starting at 12:30 for toddlers and younger primary kids Unreasonable scheduling of social activities during the day, which makes it difficult for working parents Enrichment programs at odd hours of the afternoon

Posted August 5, 2012

We are going into our 8th year at Nesbit Ferry Montessori. This past year, our daughter transitioned to a private school with an incredibly challenging curriculum. Not only did the staff and teachers at Nesbit Ferry Montessori prepare her thoroughly from an academic standpoint (straight A's this past year at the new school), but also helped her grow as an individual. Our son is in the elementary program at Nesbit Ferry, which we are truly pleased with. The teacher's approach to supporting the strengths of each child, as well as working on the areas in which the child may need more help individually speaks volumes for their caring and awareness of what helps create a solid foundation for a well-rounded, responsible young girl or boy. We have seen and experienced the results first-hand. Nesbit Ferry is everything a parent could ask for in a caring, well-rounded academic and nurturing environment. The director staff is top-notch. Their consistent, solid and caring approach in of the day-to-day operations of the school makes for a wonderful environment in which children can grow and parents can feel confident. This is one of those truly rare schools - you won't be disappointed!

Posted April 7, 2012

We have two daughters attending this school. Both of their teachers are excellent. We have now enrolled our older daughter in their elementary program as we want her to continue to excel in her studies. She is finishing the primary program reading and writing and completing math problems. We love the community of parents and the directors. Ms. Robin and Ms. JoAnn know all the kids by name and we appreciate this sense of belonging.

Posted November 13, 2010

Our first child has attended this school for three years. Apart from all daily activities; she is now good at reading & math. At 5 years of age these skills are amazing. Teachers do take care of each individual kid and find what they need in improvement.

Posted October 25, 2007

Our first child attended Nesbit Ferry for 3 years before going into kindergarten, our second is now at the school, and our third will be when he is ready. The directors and teachers of this school are dedicated and passionate about what they do. The quality of the program is topnotch. This school has helped to develop our children into caring, wellrounded, global citizens and thought leaders. Parent involvement is as much as you can do. My husband and I both work so we are not involved on a weekly basis but participate in all of the formal parent/child activities together. The school really builds a community around itself and is highly regarded by other schools as a strong academic and cultural program. We love this school.

Posted August 20, 2007

What I like: the staff is passionate about the school and children; the school has a very warm/inviting feeling and culture; there is a diverse student body; the school is well established; the administrators know every child, and not just by name, but also a bit about what makes each kid tick; they provide a school lunch which allows the kids to eat 'family style' and share/socialize etc. What I Wish Were Different: 1. I wish the morning work cycle were not shortened for circle and playground time. I like both circle time and playground time but wish they could come after a full 3 hour work cycle. 2. The school recently had some transition in the staff. I was disappointed that my child had to change to a new teacher/classmates/classroom in the midst of his primary years. This could happen anywhere, though.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 42% 3%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9330 Nesbit Ferry Road