Montessori School Of Alpharetta 3

Posted July 31, 2014
This location is now closed and has a for sale sign on the property. I'm curious as to why it closed. Kind of sad to see tricycles and play equipment on the property go unused.

Montessori School Of Alpharetta 4

Posted April 25, 2013
My Son has had a very positive experience at MSOA the teachers and administrator are fabulous. Our son has some special needs and they have been extremely understanding and integrated him well into the Montessori classroom. The lead teachers in each classroom are certified, whereas the assistants and after care may not be, which is to be expected. We have seen and our son has attended other more pristine Montessori schools in the area but when it comes to our son the staff at this school have been far above the rest.

Posted April 12, 2013
I have had a very positive experience with MSOA. My daughter is in the toddler class and her teacher is AMI certified as are all of the lead teachers. For us, the main draw of this school is her teacher and that the parents are close knit. We all take an active part in in the school which makes the experience a great one. We have in fact visited several other montessori programs, but we decided to continue here because of the teachers.

Montessori School Of Alpharetta 4

Posted August 08, 2012
My daughter has been in the toddler program since Feb 2012, when she was 13 months old. She has learned so much - at 19 months, she knows her colors, shapes, almost all alphabets, numbers 1-10 in English and Spanish. Her vocabulary is astounding. Her class teacher, apart from being a certified Montessori teacher, is very involved. She goes above and beyond what is required to make the child comfortable in the new environment. She shows the right mix of firmness and love, and the kids love her! The assistant teacher is also an excellent resource. She always takes time to answer questions about my daughter's day and I have seen her being very patient with them even towards the end of the day, when the kids are tired. For my daughter, this was the first school / daycare / being away from home. Within a month, she was getting out of bed to go to school. I was happy to see her enjoying school so much, that she would actually fuss when I would go to pick her up :)

Posted March 26, 2012
A more appropriate title would be camp, verses school. Uncertified, hourly employees staff this facility. If education is a priority I would not recommend this daycare.

Posted December 21, 2011
MSOA has been a Godsend! My son is now 2 1/2 years old and prior to selecting this school, he had been in two other school programs which were not satisfactory to me. We were careful in interviewing 3 Montessori schools before choosing this school. He started in July 2011 and he loves it. He loves structure and routines, so this environment has helped tremendously. They are reinforcing the ideals we are trying to teach at home, including potty training each hour starting them at 2 years old! We already taught him to read some words and speak his alphabet by the time he was 1, so we were concerned about finding an environment that could stimulate him. This IS the place! He has learned counting, the continents, days of the week, the calendar, LIFE-practical skills like cleaning up, taking his laundry, washing dishes, baking, and the list goes on! He has an accredited Montessori teacher in his room which is more than I can say for most Montessori schools I visited (people should always ask this BEFORE enrolling their child somewhere). He asks about going school even when he is on vacation break! Overall, this has been and continuing to be a good experience for our son & us!

Posted November 10, 2011
My child s initial experience was positive. Then we learned that private schools are not required to have certified employees. This became evident with the limited knowledge my son attained. I suppose it is a good daycare. Just do not expect your child to academically grow from a staff that has little, or no educational training.

Posted September 22, 2011
My daughter has been in the toddler program since early 2011 and I am very satisfied with the level of education she is getting. At 2.5 years now she is able to name continents, participate in chores around the house and speak in clear, distinct sentences. I am happy with all the staff, especially her direct teachers, and I have nothing but good things to say about my child's experience at MSoA. I can't wait until my daughter can participate in the excellent Drama Program that MSoA has!

Posted September 01, 2011
My daughter is in her third year at MSoA. She was part of the very first toddler class and has since moved into Primary. I can't say enough about how much my daughter has learned. She's only three but she knows her letters, can speak some Spanish, and loves to help out around the house. Our group is a close knit group where all the parents know one another and the office staff are always willing to help and listen to your concerns. I would recommend the school to anyone looking for a truly caring atmosphere for your child.

Posted June 13, 2011
I enrolled my child last year in the toddler program for 3 weeks and had to pull her out because both teachers quit within the first 2 weeks of school. We met with the owner 3 times regarding our concerns and they never got resolved. Even though they sell it as a 'real' Montessori, it is far from it. They use paper plates, don't have the proper materials and once you pay the tuition, it's hard to get get in touch with the owner. They put their needs before the child's and don't know how to accommodate to each individual child's needs. She came home extremely filthy every day! Now, we attend a different REAL Montessori and couldn't be happier. I began to think I was the crazy parent that complains about everything, but I found out that it was MSofA that was just too lazy to care. I'm so glad we pulled her out of this environment! The institution she's in now is everything a TRUE Montessori should be!

Montessori School Of Alpharetta
3290 Old Alabama Road, Alpharetta, GA  30022
Last modified Montessori School Of Alpharetta is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Montessori School Of Alpharetta Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top